V-T Game

bigpoppa31

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not seeing this being much of a game for long. Second and third string will get a lot of burn. It would however be nice to finally overcome our QB situation. I say pick one already!!! The coaching staff isn’t going to be able to make everyone happy no matter what they do (especially the two sets of parents)…so just man-up, do the right thing for the team, and pick one. This team needs an offensive leader.

I?m not seeing this being much of a game for long. Second and third string will get a lot of burn. It would however be nice to finally overcome our QB situation. I say pick one already!!! The coaching staff isn?t going to be able to make everyone happy no matter what they do (especially the two sets of parents)?so just man-up, do the right thing for the team, and pick one. This team needs an offensive leader.

Amen ! pick one and lets go!

As far as the game goes... the cats will play tough till the emotion runs out in the 2nd quarter.

I???m not seeing this being much of a game for long. Second and third string will get a lot of burn. It would however be nice to finally overcome our QB situation. I say pick one already!!! The coaching staff isn???t going to be able to make everyone happy no matter what they do (especially the two sets of parents)???so just man-up, do the right thing for the team, and pick one. This team needs an offensive leader.

so who do u think they should pick as the qb

so who do u think they should pick as the qb

I’m NEVER one to duck a direct question…although I found myself getting up off the floor when I read yours …but you know me…gotta keep it real ! For me personally, in my position….that’s a tough one because I have close ties and history with both families and only want the best for Taylor and Mason. But If I were in the position of Coach Stubbs, in putting the team first...I would have to go with Taylor for several reasons. One being that IMO he and the team seem to be more comfortable with him pushin the buttons. Another main reason being that…while neither has truly made a BIG separation from the other (and again if I where Stubbs) I know that Mason could make an immediate impact for the team at another position elsewhere on the field where as Taylor probably couldn’t at this time. Mason MAY become a Good QB, but with his size and ability he WOULD be an Outstanding OLB or TE. Taylor is a QB period…and as a sophomore he has the opportunity to grow into the best we have seen at QB in years at THS. I have highlight films of the Vikings from the last four years, and in comparison both have more potential than the prior QBs, but have yet to reach the level of competitiveness (or effectiveness) that any of them had. After watching the films, I’d give anything to have Marcus Niddifer back…from his accuracy, down to his play action fakes, he was a big part of the 04’ success. He just didn’t stand out because of everyone else around him. Oh well….I still have confidents that both Mason and Taylor will make a big impact on this years season….IF…..the coach will “man-up” and take the chance. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear Bigpop…but you know me…gotta keep it real!

One other thing…I know that both want to play at the next level. Mason has to take in consideration that he is the upper classman in this battle with one year left of this same level of competition for the QB spot, because Taylor IS NOT GOING AWAY. Taylor on the other hand has this year and next year to compete for the spot, but his senior year (unless we get a major transfer to come in) he’s going to be center stage with no interference. Just somethin to think about.

I?m NEVER one to duck a direct question?although I found myself getting up off the floor when I read yours ?but you know me?gotta keep it real ! For me personally, in my position?.that?s a tough one because I have close ties and history with both families and only want the best for Taylor and Mason. But If I were in the position of Coach Stubbs, in putting the team first...I would have to go with Taylor for several reasons. One being that IMO he and the team seem to be more comfortable with him pushin the buttons. Another main reason being that?while neither has truly made a BIG separation from the other (and again if I where Stubbs) I know that Mason could make an immediate impact for the team at another position elsewhere on the field where as Taylor probably couldn?t at this time. Mason MAY become a Good QB, but with his size and ability he WOULD be an Outstanding OLB or TE. Taylor is a QB period?and as a sophomore he has the opportunity to grow into the best we have seen at QB in years at THS. I have highlight films of the Vikings from the last four years, and in comparison both have more potential than the prior QBs, but have yet to reach the level of competitiveness (or effectiveness) that any of them had. After watching the films, I?d give anything to have Marcus Niddifer back?from his accuracy, down to his play action fakes, he was a big part of the 04? success. He just didn?t stand out because of everyone else around him. Oh well?.I still have confidents that both Mason and Taylor will make a big impact on this years season?.IF?..the coach will ?man-up? and take the chance. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear Bigpop?but you know me?gotta keep it real!

One other thing?I know that both want to play at the next level. Mason has to take in consideration that he is the upper classman in this battle with one year left of this same level of competition for the QB spot, because Taylor IS NOT GOING AWAY. Taylor on the other hand has this year and next year to compete for the spot, but his senior year (unless we get a major transfer to come in) he?s going to be center stage with no interference. Just somethin to think about.

Well put Cap..and I would have to agree with your selection with no disrespect to Mason, because he is a great athlete and he would be an outstanding target as a TE or a wide out for that matter..but no matter it would be nice to see both on the field at the same time in some aspect. JMO

I’m NEVER one to duck a direct question…although I found myself getting up off the floor when I read yours …but you know me…gotta keep it real ! For me personally, in my position….that’s a tough one because I have close ties and history with both families and only want the best for Taylor and Mason. But If I were in the position of Coach Stubbs, in putting the team first...I would have to go with Taylor for several reasons. One being that IMO he and the team seem to be more comfortable with him pushin the buttons. Another main reason being that…while neither has truly made a BIG separation from the other (and again if I where Stubbs) I know that Mason could make an immediate impact for the team at another position elsewhere on the field where as Taylor probably couldn’t at this time. Mason MAY become a Good QB, but with his size and ability he WOULD be an Outstanding OLB or TE. Taylor is a QB period…and as a sophomore he has the opportunity to grow into the best we have seen at QB in years at THS. I have highlight films of the Vikings from the last four years, and in comparison both have more potential than the prior QBs, but have yet to reach the level of competitiveness (or effectiveness) that any of them had. After watching the films, I’d give anything to have Marcus Niddifer back…from his accuracy, down to his play action fakes, he was a big part of the 04’ success. He just didn’t stand out because of everyone else around him. Oh well….I still have confidents that both Mason and Taylor will make a big impact on this years season….IF…..the coach will “man-up” and take the chance. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear Bigpop…but you know me…gotta keep it real!

One other thing…I know that both want to play at the next level. Mason has to take in consideration that he is the upper classman in this battle with one year left of this same level of competition for the QB spot, because Taylor IS NOT GOING AWAY. Taylor on the other hand has this year and next year to compete for the spot, but his senior year (unless we get a major transfer to come in) he’s going to be center stage with no interference. Just somethin to think about.

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!! I would pick Mason as QB over Taylor any day (atleast i would this year)! Yes, Taylor WILL be a good quarterback, maybe in a year or 2.

Mason has more experience and did play Varsity last year. Mason makes better choices out there, and Taylor just looks very inexperienced.

For the good of the team, GO WITH YOUR JUNIOR QUARTERBACK MASON CANTY!

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!! I would pick Mason as QB over Taylor any day (atleast i would this year)! Yes, Taylor WILL be a good quarterback, maybe in a year or 2.

Mason has more experience and did play Varsity last year. Mason makes better choices out there, and Taylor just looks very inexperienced.

For the good of the team, GO WITH YOUR JUNIOR QUARTERBACK MASON CANTY!

I have a strong response to your post A269…but for the sake of not being a distraction I will wait till after the game. BUT….I will say that your “JUNIOR classification” argument is WEAK to say the least! What ever happened to the good-ol-days when the best man wins!!!? With that said….lets go kick some Bearcat tail!!!!!

Gee….I hope it stops raining for the game.

I have a strong response to your post A269?but for the sake of not being a distraction I will wait till after the game. BUT?.I will say that your ?JUNIOR classification? argument is WEAK to say the least! What ever happened to the good-ol-days when the best man wins!!!? With that said?.lets go kick some Bearcat tail!!!!!

Gee?.I hope it stops raining for the game.

I agree. It looks like Harmon is more comfortable executing pass plays.