Which team is most likely to win state championship?

wormyballer1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact is that Hampton will probably never win the state championship. They play in the weakest part of Tennessee for 1A football. Can someone tell me when was the last time a North West Tennessee team in 1A won the state championship.

Only twice in 1A has a team from region 1 or 2 made it to the state Championship. Once was in the early 90's and they won a state title. The other time was in the later 90's and they got destroyed by Ezell in the championship game.

Check with pujo or another high school guru from the area for exact teams and years, but i do know that only 1 silver ball and only 1 gold ball have ever crossed the tennessee river into east tennessee.

And several others as well. 1a has parity. Its hard to tell who is the top dog. Another thing in 1a is key injuries, most 1a teams go down hill fast if they lose one or two in key positions. Its a long season.

That is so true about 1A. It seems like there is a different team almost every year that comes out on top. I think 3A and 5A have a lot of parity as well and are the toughest classes. 2A and 4A have the least parity; almost the same teams make it to the finals.

Only twice in 1A has a team from region 1 or 2 made it to the state Championship. Once was in the early 90's and they won a state title. The other time was in the later 90's and they got destroyed by Ezell in the championship game.

Check with pujo or another high school guru from the area for exact teams and years, but i do know that only 1 silver ball and only 1 gold ball have ever crossed the tennessee river into east tennessee.

Since the TSSAA went to 5 classifications in 1993 only one team has been to the state from region 1 or 2 in class A. One other team went but they were from class 2A at the time. But, of the teams currently in regions 1 and 2 (remember, prior to 1993 they were districts with 3 classes instead of regions with 5 classes) they have had 2 runners up in the finals and 2 that have won it all at one point or another though.

Of the teams currently in regions 1 and 2:

Cloudland has been to the finals once (2001) and lost.

Harriman went in 1994 and lost in the 2A finals.

Oneida went and won in 1992.

Greenback went in 1987 and won.

Mckenzie is the name your Looking for.

With the absolute destruction of Bruceton is certainly appears that Mckenzie is the team poised to keep region 7 and 8 represented at the Bluecross bowl for the third year in a row... The only thing i would say about that is watch out for TCA, they lost two of their first three but so did JCS last year. But other than that i gotta agree with you that Mckenzie looks to be the team to beat outta the west braket.

Oh, and thanks for the clarification drunken sailor

With the absolute destruction of Bruceton is certainly appears that Mckenzie is the team poised to keep region 7 and 8 represented at the Bluecross bowl for the third year in a row... The only thing i would say about that is watch out for TCA, they lost two of their first three but so did JCS last year. But other than that i gotta agree with you that Mckenzie looks to be the team to beat outta the west braket.

Oh, and thanks for the clarification drunken sailor

Well I hope we don't run outta gas like we did last yr. Injuries and a young QB did us in. Good Luck to your program