Unicoi vs Hampton

clonekid

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The small school with the big ball players will win. Hampton 28-7 with a defensive struggle in the first half.

I'll by that prediction- I think it's a lot more accurate than you'll get on the 1A-3A threads. Brace yourself for the IF's: If UC can receive the same performance from our QB we got against SG and SS... If UC can get the ball to our playmakers on the PERIMETER... If UC can keep our starters on the field and out of the hospital for the entire ballgame... We will have a Four Quarter ballgame on our hands. IF not... the army of Hamptonites will have their prophecies fulfilled. Can't wait for Friday.

Hampton's fans can be the team's worst enemy. These 56-0 blowout predictions put the team in a position to where they have a bullseye on their chest. It happened two years ago when they predicted they would blow Cloudland out of the water on their home field and it wound up being a nail biter. It happened when everyone including myself predicted that Hampton would march into Oneida and man-handle the Indians. I'm starting to learn this "respect your opponent" type stuff because I'm really tired of it coming back to bite me. Other teams will be incited by a domiant team's arrogance and they will bring their A game. I would rather make it as easy on Hampton as possible and like ole J.C. says, "We might get our butt kicked". The underdog has the advantage in some cases and I'm going to say that Hampton will escape Unicoi Co. 28-14.

I was at the South game and Unicoi has the makings of a good team, the Soph. QB is a good looking QB and #1 might be the best tight end in the area. That being said their punting is way below average and they have no depth they played hard and were ahead at the end of 1st qtr. but numbers and conditioning caught up. I say Hampton will win but not as much as South did...

I was at the South game and Unicoi has the makings of a good team, the Soph. QB is a good looking QB and #1 might be the best tight end in the area. That being said their punting is way below average and they have no depth they played hard and were ahead at the end of 1st qtr. but numbers and conditioning caught up. I say Hampton will win but not as much as South did...

I agree. Hampton would not beat South. I don't think it would even be close. They will have their hands full with Erwin. That is who they play, not South.

I would have to agree with alot of these post. Hampton want just walk away with the game. It will be a tight game, but by the second half I think Hampton will wire Unicoi down and start to pull away to win the game. It will be hard to score on the BUlldogs defense. My predition on the score.

Hampton 28 Unicoi 7

I would have to agree with alot of these post. Hampton want just walk away with the game. It will be a tight game, but by the second half I think Hampton will wire Unicoi down and start to pull away to win the game. It will be hard to score on the BUlldogs defense. My predition on the score.

Hampton 28 Unicoi 7

I think Hampton will come ready to play and suprise all of you guys. 46-8 bulldogs!!!!!! is my prediction

Fair assessment, HiGipper. I have no idea what happened with the punting game, but it sure broke our backs. I'll say this much about UC's depth- the Blue Devils were without a couple of key players before the game and then lost a couple more early in the contest. Believe me, I'm not saying this was the deciding factor- I'm just pointing out that the 'depth' we count on was already on the field or crutching it on the sideline. Hopefully, this means we will have several game experienced players down the home stretch. I think the better conditioned team was fairly obvious.