Ooltewah vs Billy Blunt

bipbopzot

What do you mean they didn't mouth off? Do you think that nothing was said between the boy and the girl to provoke a fight? The way you talk is that you believe the Ooltewah person just went up and hit someone! There are always 2 sides of the story. And to an above comment about it being 1 vs. 1 I do think it is fair. IF you have two teenage boys that are both talking smack they should both understand the consequences. If the Ooltewah player had been sent to the hospital then we would be talking about rig eland or whoever being a bunch of thugs. Get over the entire situation and stop talking about it. I know you are going to say well then don't read the darn post and that is fine. The situation will get taken care off by the law and at this point in time Ooltewah football program has nothing to worry about. Yes the kids were there and maybe they exchanged words, as far as I know that is not a punishable crime. Most people don't look at both sides of the situation. Let me give you a situation that could have happened since no one knows the entire truth yet.

10 players from Ooltewah go to the game and on the field at the end of the game and exchange words to the other team (Bad?, YES, Not a major issue), then they proceeded to the parking lot where they find a girl they like so they try to talk to her and her brother sees this and is naturally upset. Words get exchanged between some individuals (NOW instead of being the hero this kid could have walked away clearly knowing how many people were in his face, this is where it is HIS fault and he is not a victim!), Words turn into physical altercation. Hope you people know it only takes one hit to knock out teeth and especially one hit to break a girl?s jaw, that?s it! The girl jumps in when her brother is in a fight and accidentally gets hit by a flying punch; we all know how women can over react and jump into situations. I'm not saying this is what happened buy you people need to think clearly about the situation at hand. Just because one side is in the hospital don't for one second believe they had no part in the altercation.

With all that said I believe everyone on this thread believes that if it does come out that a football players was involved in physical actions then YES they should be removed from the team no matter what part of the season they are in (BUT as of now they are INNOCENT) SO think about THEIR parents who you are accusing their kid of something that they DID NOT DO at this time. YOu ever thought about that, PROBABLY NOT!!!!

Finally, Just drop it, Talk about William Blount as none of this ever happened, WHen the facts come out things will get done trust me. Say your prayers for the kids in the hospital, but at the same time do not continue to demeanor kids who were not involved in the physical altercation at this time.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong here. The fact is, kids came on the field "starting trouble". Enough, that a police officer and coaches felt the need to get involved to keep anything bad from happening. Whoever these kids were definately were part of the problem. They were looking for trouble and didn't find it there, because adults stepped in, thankfully. But, they found it elsewhere. Stop making excuses for them. The only way this goes away is if you take strong corrective action. Not sweep it under the rug. That is, if you still want anyone to respect you.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well how can we get 2 sides of the story OWLPRIDE if Ooltewah doesnt want to talk??? That alone makes people think that the Owl side is hinding something. You also know that Benny can get his kids out of anything, you are being very nieve(spelling) about the whole situation. I just dont understand how this whole thing could be reported and you say noting happened," we are innocent",

Another reason why we keep talking about it because it gives us something to do until the game is over then we ccan start talking about the game. We got to remember that the game is not important as 2 kids lives are OWLPRIDE. Something should have already been done, doing the right thing i guess is just to big a risk for the football program, since they have got a shot at a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, it takes a little bit of character to go along with the skills and it looks like Ooltewah lacks 2 much of one.

I've been reading about all this. I'm sure the truth will come out soon. Hopefully justice will be served where it's deserved. Without knowing facts, I reserve judgement until officials release details whether it's in news or the justice system. However just wondering about Georgia laws.

1. Does watching and not participating but running after the fact make it an accessory to the crime in Ga?

2. How does Ga. define the difference between a fight and an assault? (bodily injury?)

3. Will the actions on the field prior to the incident have any bearing on the charges if any?

Just a few questions that have been floating around in my head.

what kind of corrective action do you want done? The kids who were part of the group that were INVOLVED with the physical side of the night are in trouble. The kids who werent involved with the physical AKA didnt throw a punch (ooltewah football players) are getting on with their lives. Were they there to start a fight , Maybe, Were they they there to run there mouth, Yes, Now we dont know for sure how a fight developed seeing as no one can come up with a strong correlation between oolltewah football players on the field tallking to the home team and these two random brother and sister. SO as far as everyone saying punish the , FOR WHAT? They have not commited any crime. Was it wrong , YES, slap on the wrist move on. That is like saying that every kid should get punished who watches a fight, PARENTS also remember your kid isnt always as good as they seem, We are not defending them it is to the point now where the kids are being harrassed. We are not defending anyone who was involved in the physical aspect of the fight hear me when I say that, BUT what do you want done for the other kids who weren't involved. IT doesn't matter what they went ther for you can't punish them for a crime that wasnt committed. AND yes I said it trash talkig is part of life but granted maybe not to that extent. As far as what these kids expected while going on the field to tell you the truth would probably be to just run their mouth and nothing more as this seems to be a common trend.

Do you understand why people get tried for second degree murder even though they didn't actually shoot someone. It's because by being there, they were part of it and did nothing to stop it. Everyone that was there is guilty, unless they tried to stop it. You are at the crossroads here, this is where you can teach a lifelong lesson about character, which will in the long run be best for all the boys involved, believe me. Or you can act like they didn't do anything wrong and let the guilt be with them forever and continually stain your team, school and town.

You are missing my point, I'm not saying that ooltewah is hiding anything, As far as beeny being able to cover stuff up I'll take your word for it I havent been around the program for more than a year, BUT I don't understand what people want done untill the kids are actually with somehting criminal? Do you understand where i'm coming from? Any team in the state no matter what anybody tells me would have these kids on the team untill something legal was done and even at that it wasnt a school event for them so it would be up to the coach to make a decision, NOW if that happened that I would say yest its about lives and not sports, I have said that all along, BUT back to the main point No ooltewah football player except one to my understaning was involved with physical actions and he was removed from the team as he has not practiced all week. As for the ohter kids they are INNOCENT at this time untill proven guilty. Trash talking in my opinion is part of life while maybe not to this extent but that is certainly not a punishable crime. Life lesson would be having a coming to Jesus talk with these players and telling them how their lives could have been affected dramatically especially the ones who have a chance to play at the next level

Owlpride,I understand what your saying,it's just they way you wrote it,best thing to do is don't let some of these people keep dragging this thing out,hoping you say something they can turn into a lockerroom billboard,or keep slamming owlville,cause the kids involved don't really represent me,you or our community,and you have been around Ooltewah longer than a year. Read their comments,but don't take the bait. Ooltewah 35..w.b. 35,17 overtimes and they call they game /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> to close to call

Owlpride,I understand what your saying,it's just they way you wrote it,best thing to do is don't let some of these people keep dragging this thing out,hoping you say something they can turn into a lockerroom billboard,or keep slamming owlville,cause the kids involved don't really represent me,you or our community,and you have been around Ooltewah longer than a year. Read their comments,but don't take the bait. Ooltewah 35..w.b. 35,17 overtimes and they call they game /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> to close to call

Right, Ootlewah 35, William Blount 35. The tiebreaker could be whoever beats up the most girls wins. Ootlewah, in a landslide...