Ooltewah vs Billy Blunt

bipbopzot

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what?s funny is that no one is asking themselves did the boy and girl have anything to do with this situation. I'm sure they weren?t innocent by standards (I'm sure something was said by them) and it also sounds like they were 'nt jumped by 10 players it was more like 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 1. As far as them going in school apparel and talking smack who cares!!!!!!!!! If this fight hadn?t happened no one would even have an issue with this situation (Every team has players who talk smack, come to reality!). So I say stop talking about it and let the cops do their thing. The football team (which is what this website is intended for) at this point in time is not going to have any impact. Yes them acting that way is not a fair representation of the Ooltewah community and I don't think it is appropriate by any means but I think now that we have some light on the situation and all the players were at practice today it is apparent that rumors were read and people jumped the gun (which no one is to blame) so they were responsible enough to think about their actions and future lives by not acting on the situation and fighting. It is one thing to be there and it is another not to participate. Let it go and focus on this week's game.

Well, as long as we know what is really important. And that is that all the Ootlewah players were at practice today! WE all can rest well, except those kids with broken jaws and no teeth!!!

Any way you slice it, trying to start a fight is exremely poor sportsmanship. That they didn't actually participate in the fight in no way exonerates them. It sounds like these football players set the tone for others with less self control and this contributed to this assault. It's sickening to have 10 young men beating up a boy and girl. COWARDLY!!!

I am NOT condoning anyones' actions! I agree it is cowardly on everyone's part. Don't get me wrong, I want anyone that was involved punished, and I feel confident that if it is proven, the administration will habdle it accordingly. remember..................we only know what we have HEARD, not what actually happened. it will all come out eventually. We need to stop playing judge and jury and simply encourage our kids to be responsible. Practice what we preach!

I am NOT condoning anyones' actions! I agree it is cowardly on everyone's part. Don't get me wrong, I want anyone that was involved punished, and I feel confident that if it is proven, the administration will habdle it accordingly. remember..................we only know what we have HEARD, not what actually happened. it will all come out eventually. We need to stop playing judge and jury and simply encourage our kids to be responsible. Practice what we preach!

You are missing my point. I was responding to your comment that if they were just verbally starting a fight, then they should not be punished, but if they were physically involved, they should.

I disagree completely! It is undisputed that the Ridgeland SRO and the Ridgeland Coaches broke up what was likely a provocation on the part of some Ootlewah kids with 2 Ridgeland players on the field after the game. I am sure the SRO and the Ridgeland coaches can identify these kids. It is often said that if you go looking for trouble, you will find it. These kids were trying to start trouble, period. Now you have 2 kids that may be scarred for a very long time. How would you feel if that was your daughter beaten by a current or former football player. If any kids from Ootlewah, whether they be football players or not, started trouble, they need to be punished. If they aren't then you disgrace your whole school, team and town.

I could not agree more with your comments. It is disappointing to read comments that boys will be boys. They sought out trouble by attending the game...you don't go onto someone else's field after a game is over and start mouthing. Especially when your team is not even involved. ImaOWL, I commend you for not taking the attitude of a few others about this...there simply is no excusing them. I am so sorry for the Ooltewah fans, town and players not involved. They don't deserve this.

Starting a fight is not being kids. These young guys were in the wrong for starting anything at Ridgeland. When you wear shirts with your team name and logo all over it, you represent your team, community, and school by wearing those items. Acting like hoodlums makes the whole Ooltewah community and football team look bad. Hopefully, someone will take charge of this team and set them straight. A senior would be nice...

I'm from over here in west tn and all i know is what has been posted on this website. but, if it is true yea it's bad for the ootlewah school and community however, if the kid was at practice then apparently he didn't do anything that bad. Anyways though this is a football thread not he say she say thread so yall should prolly focus on the game at hand. just my prespective

I just reread my quote and I thought I was clear...but maybe not. What I am saying is I feel sorry for the fans, community and players that were not involved...that is they were not at Ridgeland and had absolutley nothing to do with it. I am not talking about any of the ones that were there. They had a mission it appears. If you go on someone else's field after a game and start mouthing....you have a mission. Someone said in another post that maybe the 2 kids that were beat up said something....they are really looking for something hard here. It seems that the only 2 that were hurt was the boy and girl from Ga. Sickening. I just cannot imagine how some kind of action would not be taken by the school regardless if they threw the punches or not....they could have intervened somehow? Just my thoughts.

NDsoccar you say the ones not involved dont deserve this, what it this? There are no punishment even for the ones involved. This whole situation has confused me to say the least, now if a player or players sends two innocent kids to the hospital, and nothing is done about it, something is wrong.

You know what’s funny is that no one is asking themselves did the boy and girl have anything to do with this situation. I'm sure they weren’t innocent by standards (I'm sure something was said by them) and it also sounds like they were 'nt jumped by 10 players it was more like 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 1. As far as them going in school apparel and talking smack who cares!!!!!!!!! If this fight hadn’t happened no one would even have an issue with this situation (Every team has players who talk smack, come to reality!). So I say stop talking about it and let the cops do their thing. The football team (which is what this website is intended for) at this point in time is not going to have any impact. Yes them acting that way is not a fair representation of the Ooltewah community and I don't think it is appropriate by any means but I think now that we have some light on the situation and all the players were at practice today it is apparent that rumors were read and people jumped the gun (which no one is to blame) so they were responsible enough to think about their actions and future lives by not acting on the situation and fighting. It is one thing to be there and it is another not to participate. Let it go and focus on this week's game.

i very seriously doubt that a 15 yr old girl and her brother are gonna mouth off to 10 or 11 guys!!!!!!!!! if that was your son or daughter i guarantee you this you wouldnt be putting anything about (innocent by standards) and even if they did say sumthing why would u hit the girl? it s all blown up thanks to our local tv sports talk show, i dont care so much about the mouthing or if the fight was fair 1 on 1 but i know that it was nt for a fact and if more than 1 jumped in then it needs to be handled accordingly, and i believe that Georgia will do just that, and at 17 you re an adult in Georgia. Go Owls and i hope the young girl and man heal up and have enuf money 2 pay for all this plastic surgery!!