Ooltewah vs Billy Blunt

bipbopzot

Right, Ootlewah 35, William Blount 35. The tiebreaker could be whoever beats up the most girls wins. Ootlewah, in a landslide...

I can not believe that you would say such an awful thing. Ooltewah is a great community with a wonderful student body. It is a one of the few places I've lived (and I've lived in several in the southeast) where parents actually get involved with their communtiy and school. For you to make a blanket statement about "us" beating up girls is just cruel. Shame on you. Do,you even have a clue as to how many people (who do not even have children at OHS) volunteer their time for any event or fundraiser needed? Do you know that, in this area, parents WANT their kids to go to Ooltewah? Not for the football program, but for the school and community itself. Ooltewah is a class act regardless of what you may think. I don't know where you're from, but I invite you to visit Ooltewah and it's good people before saying things like you've said.

I challenge all the people of Ooltewah to prove people like this wrong. Let us be the "bigger" person and stop the name calling. Go Owls!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not believe that you would say such an awful thing. Ooltewah is a great community with a wonderful student body. It is a one of the few places I've lived (and I've lived in several in the southeast) where parents actually get involved with their communtiy and school. For you to make a blanket statement about "us" beating up girls is just cruel. Shame on you. Do,you even have a clue as to how many people (who do not even have children at OHS) volunteer their time for any event or fundraiser needed? Do you know that, in this area, parents WANT their kids to go to Ooltewah? Not for the football program, but for the school and community itself. Ooltewah is a class act regardless of what you may think. I don't know where you're from, but I invite you to visit Ooltewah and it's good people before saying things like you've said.

I challenge all the people of Ooltewah to prove people like this wrong. Let us be the "bigger" person and stop the name calling. Go Owls!

Actually, I was being tongue in cheek in response to the poster above me who was wanting to sweep everything under the rug. But, truly, actions speak much louder than your words. You need to address the problem at hand and not pretend that it didin't happen. If the people of Ootlewah are so good, they should take care of their problem players and teach them right from wrong.

OK this is getting to be ridiculous. No one knows what really happened. Everyone is making up their own stories and trying to make something that was not true TRUE. I would like to go on to a field during a football game and just listen to all of the trash talking that takes place. It is not a crime to trash talk. If it was then every football player on every team would not have a leg to stand on. I am from Ooltewah and I think that us as OOltewah fans need to just completely stop talking about it and talk about the game. Our boys need us more than ever to support them and we are too busy defending ourselves to some idiot without a life. Let them talk (WHO CARES). Until the WHOLE truth comes out no one will know what happened that night. If you want to continue on this thread then I suggest you read the TITLE "OOltewah v. Billy Blount". If you want to talk about a fight then start your own thread and talk away. As for everyone else lets get behind and push them towards a victory. I believe William Blount has a very class act program and I cannot wait for the game on Friday.

I wont go into the crime/punishment of those involved in the fight. As stated many times on here, no one knows exactly what happened and who exactly was involved. However, a point about something that is not in dispute. Ooltewah players went to a neutral site went out on the field and caused a disturbance serious enough for Administrators and coaches to get involved. Surely, some of those posting on here attend Ooltewah's practices, and can say if there has been any punishment doled out by the team to the players involved in that incedent. I would consider that type of behavior a punishable offence, even if handled internally by the coaching staff, by extra running, some playing time suspension. Those players represented your school, coaching staff, and community, by their actions. If nothing is done about it by the Head Coach then that alone makes a statement about his charactor, and conviction, and priorties. Don't give me that "boys will be boys" crap. I'm not talking about in-game trash talking which I believe is an accepted part of football, we're talking about thugism. Every coach I've ever known makes it point to emphisize to his players that their actions off the field impact the team as well. If that is acceptable for the Ooltewah Coach, then I really have a hard time believeing that, if his players were involved in the fight, then he wouldn't do everything in his power to sweep it under the rug.

Actually, I was being tongue in cheek in response to the poster above me who was wanting to sweep everything under the rug. But, truly, actions speak much louder than your words. You need to address the problem at hand and not pretend that it didin't happen. If the people of Ootlewah are so good, they should take care of their problem players and teach them right from wrong.

Point taken. However, I will say that there are only a handful of people who want it to go way. 99% of us want it taken care of appropriately. I believe we do teach our children right from wrong, but kids wil stray and we have to reign them back in. I personally have 3 kids in the Ooltewah system (none on the football team), and all 3 know the consequences of actions they take. I just ask that you don't make a "blanket" statement about our school, parents, community, etc.

I have complete faith, that ALL those involved will be handled accordingly. Just because WE don't know what actions have been taken, does not mean that none have been. Don't assume that Ooltewah is trying to cover it up.

Until we hear further details from the authorities or the administration let's end this conversation on character.

OK this is getting to be ridiculous. No one knows what really happened. Everyone is making up their own stories and trying to make something that was not true TRUE. I would like to go on to a field during a football game and just listen to all of the trash talking that takes place. It is not a crime to trash talk. If it was then every football player on every team would not have a leg to stand on. I am from Ooltewah and I think that us as OOltewah fans need to just completely stop talking about it and talk about the game. Our boys need us more than ever to support them and we are too busy defending ourselves to some idiot without a life. Let them talk (WHO CARES). Until the WHOLE truth comes out no one will know what happened that night. If you want to continue on this thread then I suggest you read the TITLE "OOltewah v. Billy Blount". If you want to talk about a fight then start your own thread and talk away. As for everyone else lets get behind and push them towards a victory. I believe William Blount has a very class act program and I cannot wait for the game on Friday.

This is why you have kids that behave this way. This attitude. WB, I really hope you win this one, these kids need to learn some manners and apparently they won't get it from their schools or homes. Good Luck

I agree. Let's talk football. Is it true that WB only has one side with bleachers? I was unable to attend the laste time we played there. Is their team 100% helathy? I expect a good, CLOSE game. Owls win by a slim margin! Go Owls!!!

Nobody has said a thing about trash talking except for owl fans, WB doesnt care how you raise your kids, we want your best, and thats what we are going to get, we have said that from the begining. All we know is that this is going to be a very good game.

Yes there are only 1 set of stands but its pretty big, no their best player isnt going to be released to play.

This is why you have kids that behave this way. This attitude. WB, I really hope you win this one, these kids need to learn some manners and apparently they won't get it from their schools or homes. Good Luck

I don't who you are or where you from but can you please go to another thread. We don't have an attitude about anything except for the fact that you have no idea what is going on here. I teach my kids with respect and they know if they don't have it they will face consequences. You are taking something out on the whole town and school of Ooltewah that was done by maybe a few students. You have no idea what happened unless you were right there when it happened and I assume you weren't because no names have been released by anyone. You are obviously not an Ooltewah fan and thank god for that. Leave and go start your on thread if you want to talk abotu Ooltewah so much. We have a game to prepare for and a team to support.

Nobody has said a thing about trash talking except for owl fans, WB doesnt care how you raise your kids, we want your best, and thats what we are going to get, we have said that from the begining. All we know is that this is going to be a very good game.

Yes there are only 1 set of stands but its pretty big, no their best player isnt going to be released to play.

I have much respect for the William Blount team and I cannot wait for the game on Friday night. I think we have finally gotten to football weather.

Are you saying that TJ will not play Friday?