OS Vs. Coalfield

RCSportsStringer

Fearbong i agree with u 100%. the last few years at coalfield the old off. cord. done a good job on puttin the players that he knew would make big plays in the right spots. also though coalfield the past 3 or 4 years has had some great athletes that could play any positon on the field and still help win ball games and it isn't the same now. They have athletes that can play and make aome big plays but they are not getting the chance because they are at the wrong positions. Some of the players also need to stop worrying about how many yards they have or completions or catches and start focusing on that 1 and 3 record they have.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said "evilslayer7110." I also seen something talking about the offensive cord. The reason the old one left was to coach middle school, + Coalfield is somewhat political...... He knew who was would start at certain positions and it wouldnt have went well with some mommies and daddies. I'm not saying he was great, but he put the ball where it needed to be, in the hands of his play makers. Coalfields offense this year is a joke, they run JK right 2x, then quick pitch to Sean Armes, then try a long pass to NM that Ive only seen completed 1x. Seems to me those boys have other things on their minds through the week than football <--- the kids on the team know what I'm talking about. There are to many individuals on that team this year, and to many players "playing the wrong position" or not "starting in the right position." Whats the point of having your best athlete line up at WR if you cant get him the ball? Looks like Coalfield will start 1-4 this year, this group of seniors have only lost 7 games in the 3 years before. I feel for Coach K down in Coalfield....... "Very few" kids on that team have what you need to win games against good oppents "HEART"I sat on the sideline at the Oneida game and called the plays just based on how the kids broke the huddle and formation, I was right about 75% of the time. Thats without watching film like other teams will do.......

although i dont live in the area anymore, i keep up with OZ and C-town. you guys are quick to get down on a team when they has lost a couple of heartbreakers. i remember a about 4 years ago when a coalfield team started undefeated and then lost 3 in a roll in the middle of the season. there was some jealousy on that team for a while , and i remember at least one senior acting very childish and maybe going to quit because they weren't getting the ball enough. my point is if you support the program well, then support it. dont get on a public board and down the team. Coach K has been around a long time. he will get things fixed. That semifianl team didn't gel until late in the year. it also had at least 5 very exception athletes on it too. small schools will not have that luxury year in and year out. i hope things get better i will be checking the scores Saturday morning.

TTUBOBCAT,

I don't think evil slayer or fearbong is downing the team, they're just saying what needs to be said. There obviously are a lot of changes that need to be made at Coalfield if they want a chance of winning. I think this years team has been so used to winning the past few years, that they think they can just throw the jersey out there and beat people. The reality is that they just don't have as many athletes as the past few years and it's gonna take a little more to win games this year. Another thing is they don't really even look like they have intensity out there. I think out of the whole game, the only time Coalfield showed any fire and started hitting people on defense was whenever they held OS to a field goal late in the game. If they would've have played with that much emotion and fire all game, then the outcome would have been a little different. The play calling does have to change too. Everyone knows Coalfield's 3rd and long play is a DRAW. If they only had to go 5 yards to get a first down, then the play calling would be sufficiant, but that's not the case.I also would have Shawn Armes starting, he has proved to be the only one that can score for them this year. But I can say, that if either of the Henry Brothers could would get some more time with the team, I believe Coalfield would at least be 3-1, still keeping the loss to York.

Well said "evilslayer7110." I also seen something talking about the offensive cord. The reason the old one left was to coach middle school, + Coalfield is somewhat political...... He knew who was would start at certain positions and it wouldnt have went well with some mommies and daddies. I'm not saying he was great, but he put the ball where it needed to be, in the hands of his play makers. Coalfields offense this year is a joke, they run JK right 2x, then quick pitch to Sean Armes, then try a long pass to NM that Ive only seen completed 1x. Seems to me those boys have other things on their minds through the week than football <--- the kids on the team know what I'm talking about. There are to many individuals on that team this year, and to many players "playing the wrong position" or not "starting in the right position." Whats the point of having your best athlete line up at WR if you cant get him the ball? Looks like Coalfield will start 1-4 this year, this group of seniors have only lost 7 games in the 3 years before. I feel for Coach K down in Coalfield....... "Very few" kids on that team have what you need to win games against good oppents "HEART"I sat on the sideline at the Oneida game and called the plays just based on how the kids broke the huddle and formation, I was right about 75% of the time. Thats without watching film like other teams will do.......

well i go watch practice every day and i hardly ever see the head coach there. coachk wants to blame hes team for letting down and giving up. As far as i can tell he is letting them down and giving up. i like him alot but if he aint gonna be there than whats the point of being the head coach. i also heared from some players that him and melton got in a argument because coachk was never coming to practice or school. well beyond that the O corrdinator is horrible, he runs the ball 9 out of 10 times dont understand that. armes should be the startin running back he is good knight sould be fullback. and melton should be QB. that would be a tough backfield

I was not downing the team for losing or anything of that sort. All i was saying is that i have never seen a coalfield team so dead. They never show any life and the seniors on the team need to do something about it. As far as coach k stepping down i haven't heard. I know he and melton did get into an arguement about letting each other down.

First of all, I don't have a dog in this race, so I'm not going to pass a lot of judgement. But I will say that back in the days when I played, there was no "arguing with the coach." If a player said something back to a coach, he was usually told to take the train. Also, the coah K I remember wouldn't have put up with alot of that either. Again, I know nothing of the situation, so I'll jeep my opinions to myself. But even coming from an old Wartburg has-been, I hope Coalfield gets everything straightened out.

Coach K is not the same as he used to be. Back in the day he would never give up, but now he hangs his head if another team gets up 1 TD on them. Sometimes I believe it's hard for the kids to get fired up whenever their "leader" or head coach is hanging his head. Coalfield has had some great athletes over the past 5 years or so, and now that they don't have as many and actually have to rely on coaching strategies to win games, instead of giving it to a playmaker...well all you can say is they're 1-3, with losses in CLOSE games that should have been won.

I don't think coach K has went from being one of the best to a bad coach in one year.

How do you guys think the Midway game will go?

i dont believe anyone thinks that coach k is the worst coach ever but it is hard for the kids to get pumped up when all they ever hear about is how bad they stink and how bad he wished he would have quit with last years team. but anyway i believe that the jackets will do well against the greenwaves as i have been at every practice this week and they have implemented a new formation and are currently running about 12 plays out of it. but anyways good luck coalfield.