Mccallie-Baylor

mccalliesportsguy

A buddy of mine in Chattanooga watched the game on tv and it must have been an exciting game. But from all I have heard and read Baylor made the crucial mistakes and should have won. Which is pretty amazing with all the injuries that they have. Throwing an interception when you are inside the 10 yard line. I think they had at least 3 crucial turnovers. Also I have heard that they kept giving it to the qb at the 1 and that he was limping all night. That is a puzzle considering their running back ran thru the defense on that last drive. Give it to your big back and let him go over the top...thru the middle. From what I have read now Massey is also out of the lineup for a few weeks. You can't make that many mistakes and get away with it. We will be in Chattanooga in a few weeks to visit McCallie!

Sports89, You don't have to swallow your pride! The Red played a great game and should be proud of the efforts of their team. Of course, mistakes on both sides all around. But your guys played their hearts out as did ours. This one could have gone either way. I know my son is still on Cloud 9 and might need a bigger helmet, except for the fact I'm sure they've watched film!

As a mom, it scares me to death to contemplate the injury potential. My heart goes out to every parent who has to watch their child being strapped to a backboard and carted off -- even when it is totally precautionary and everything ends well. My son long snaps and that position while protected is still vulnerable to neck injury.

Overall Baylor handled the administrative side of the event very well. The pre-game reports kept us on a rollercoaster of emotion. My husband said that it reminded him of his days at McCallie when the game was at Chamberlain and arriving early just to yell at each other across the field!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were plenty of mistakes on both sides as well as a few questionable penalties (both called and uncalled!). I question the continual running of Massey. He was hurt and exhausted by the end. If he had been fresher? Pickett was and will be a force to be reckoned with!

The JV teams played each other last night and Baylor didn't seem to have alot of numbers. They had a couple of decent looking athletes, but a rather lackluster performance.

We are just taking one game at a time. While we can't look past anyone, MBA is definitely on the radar!

There were plenty of mistakes on both sides as well as a few questionable penalties (both called and uncalled!). I question the continual running of Massey. He was hurt and exhausted by the end. If he had been fresher? Pickett was and will be a force to be reckoned with!

The JV teams played each other last night and Baylor didn't seem to have alot of numbers. They had a couple of decent looking athletes, but a rather lackluster performance.

We are just taking one game at a time. While we can't look past anyone, MBA is definitely on the radar!

Good luck!

True but really the big mistakes were on Baylors side. They had 3 turnovers to 0 for McCallie. My point is with as many players as they are down you just can't make those mistakes and come out on top usually.Those were killers. As for penalties there are always questionable penalties on both sides. That goes with the territory. Baylor was penalized for more yards as well. Go MBA!!!

I'm just glad it's over so we don't have to hear and read any more whining about the game location. The TFP may not believe it but I'd say the majority of fans in the area could have cared less and they made it a major issue, asked for and printed opinions on it, etc. Those not backing the schools didn't want that hype, just wanted to know who won, those who'd want it would be going or try to go anyway so there was no point in it.