Mccallie-Baylor

mccalliesportsguy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is classic. From the school that sits on scenic Dodds Ave calling their rival's home the river rat house. Let's see now a school located on the beautiful banks of the Tennessee River or a school located on scenic Dodd's Ave????? I would take the river/mountains anytime. Good luck Baylor and......Go Red Bank!!!

The flags are flying, the tailgate supplies are loaded, the shakers are shaking, the bonfire has been burnt. It is now time to have a pep rally and caravan to the river rat house. GO BIG BLUE!

Good one Bluelion. I will be watching on the tube tonight. Good luck to Baylor tonight...hope you guys break the streak.

That is classic. From the school that sits on scenic Dodds Ave calling their rival's home the river rat house. Let's see now a school located on the beautiful banks of the Tennessee River or a school located on scenic Dodd's Ave????? I would take the river/mountains anytime. Good luck Baylor and......Go Red Bank!!!

You are right Blue Lion! The field at Heywood Stadium is gorgeous with the score 20-17 in our favor and a sea of blue & white celebrating on the field. It was a barn burner! Look forward to seeing the red raiders downtown next year!

Now on to a week off and prep for Knox Webb!

You are right Blue Lion! The field at Heywood Stadium is gorgeous with the score 20-17 in our favor and a sea of blue & white celebrating on the field. It was a barn burner! Look forward to seeing the red raiders downtown next year!

Now on to a week off and prep for Knox Webb!

i agree, what a crazy game. i played in it for mccallie. what i don't agree with is your arrogance. i have a fairly good idea who you are and i know that you aren't like that. there is no reason to call baylor's stadium a river rat house

Naderlax23, Congratulations on fantastic game. Both side played their hearts out. I think you might be taking my statement a little too seriously. Baylor has been referred to as "river rats" since that they moved to that location. McCallie is usually referred to as "Ridge Runners". Neither term is meant to be derogatory, simply good fun.

I am probably one of only a handful of McCallie fans who was happy that Friday's game was played on Baylor's campus. Not because I wanted the blue to prove a point, but because I believe this game should always be played on the respective campuses. Friday's night's setting was electric. Fans for both schools were vocal and close enough to the action to actually have a positive impact on their teams.

The policy that McCallie has adopted in recent years to move games for which they expect a large crowd to Finley removes any home field advantage that may exist for the players because even a large crowd gets swallowed up in Finley. This policy suggests that giving the players and coaches who personally invest so much into the season every opportunity to win is not as important as the comfort of the fans.

While watching McCallie lose to a superior Brentwood Academy team earlier this season at Finley, I couldn't help but wonder if the blue might have been able to stay in the game longer if there had been a united fan base supporting with one voice at Spears Stadium. Although it's unlikely the outcome of the game would have changed, by playing that game at Finley, the administration denied the team the emotional lift that is generated by a charged up home crowd. Those of us at the game were so spread out that it was impossible to generate a united voice from the bleachers.

I recognize that hosting a big game on campus is a logistical nightmare for those in charge, but that is a lame excuse for moving home games. Perhaps it's time for a younger, more energetic athletic director who is willing to put the interests of his team ahead of making his life easier.

I recognize that playing the McCallie-Baylor game on campus means that the demand for tickets will be greater than the supply. I see that as a positive. I personally would have liked to have had a ticket for the game in Knoxville on Saturday, but there aren't enough tickets available to fill the demand. That's the way it is for almost every major sporting event everywhere. When we can't get a ticket to an event, we watch on TV, listen on the radio, get updates from friends at the game, etc. We deal with it. The notion that for some reason I have a right to see any game I'm interested in is ludicrous.

I applaud the Baylor administration for staging Friday's game on campus. I recognize that it required a great deal of planning and coordination. In my view, that is the responsibility of the home game management team. As a visitor Friday night, I appreciated the effort.

I am probably one of only a handful of McCallie fans who was happy that Friday's game was played on Baylor's campus. Not because I wanted the blue to prove a point, but because I believe this game should always be played on the respective campuses. Friday's night's setting was electric. Fans for both schools were vocal and close enough to the action to actually have a positive impact on their teams.

The policy that McCallie has adopted in recent years to move games for which they expect a large crowd to Finley removes any home field advantage that may exist for the players because even a large crowd gets swallowed up in Finley. This policy suggests that giving the players and coaches who personally invest so much into the season every opportunity to win is not as important as the comfort of the fans.

While watching McCallie lose to a superior Brentwood Academy team earlier this season at Finley, I couldn't help but wonder if the blue might have been able to stay in the game longer if there had been a united fan base supporting with one voice at Spears Stadium. Although it's unlikely the outcome of the game would have changed, by playing that game at Finley, the administration denied the team the emotional lift that is generated by a charged up home crowd. Those of us at the game were so spread out that it was impossible to generate a united voice from the bleachers.

I recognize that hosting a big game on campus is a logistical nightmare for those in charge, but that is a lame excuse for moving home games. Perhaps it's time for a younger, more energetic athletic director who is willing to put the interests of his team ahead of making his life easier.

I recognize that playing the McCallie-Baylor game on campus means that the demand for tickets will be greater than the supply. I see that as a positive. I personally would have liked to have had a ticket for the game in Knoxville on Saturday, but there aren't enough tickets available to fill the demand. That's the way it is for almost every major sporting event everywhere. When we can't get a ticket to an event, we watch on TV, listen on the radio, get updates from friends at the game, etc. We deal with it. The notion that for some reason I have a right to see any game I'm interested in is ludicrous.

I applaud the Baylor administration for staging Friday's game on campus. I recognize that it required a great deal of planning and coordination. In my view, that is the responsibility of the home game management team. As a visitor Friday night, I appreciated the effort.

as a player, i totally agree with you...the game itself was increadible...the atmosphere wat amazing...to have the majority of your fans at the game in time for warm-ups...there's nothing like that...the place was rocking from pre-game to post-game...as a member of the team, the game was just ten times better at Baylor then it would've been at Finley..i appluad the baylor administration for everything they did, who cares if they moved it back for home field advantage..that's great, the game was great...it was awesome to look across the field and see tons of baylor fans, and actually hear them...because in previous years it was easy to look across and see the other fans, but you could never hear or feel them, because the stadium was so spread out...heck we could barely hear our own fans at finley...but last friday our crowd was into it from start to finish, making it one of the best experiences of my life...what a way to enjoy your senior year, winning at baylor...i sure hope Coach Cherry thought to himself that mccallie can pull that we can pull that off next year, and we should simply because the atmosphere was amazing...

as a player, i totally agree with you...the game itself was increadible...the atmosphere wat amazing...to have the majority of your fans at the game in time for warm-ups...there's nothing like that...the place was rocking from pre-game to post-game...as a member of the team, the game was just ten times better at Baylor then it would've been at Finley..i appluad the baylor administration for everything they did, who cares if they moved it back for home field advantage..that's great, the game was great...it was awesome to look across the field and see tons of baylor fans, and actually hear them...because in previous years it was easy to look across and see the other fans, but you could never hear or feel them, because the stadium was so spread out...heck we could barely hear our own fans at finley...but last friday our crowd was into it from start to finish, making it one of the best experiences of my life...what a way to enjoy your senior year, winning at baylor...i sure hope Coach Cherry thought to himself that mccallie can pull that we can pull that off next year, and we should simply because the atmosphere was amazing...

As a Baylor supporter, I am thrilled to read what you and mapquest had to say about the game being held on campus. Even though I came out on the short end of the stick, I agree that the atmosphere was what a high school rivalry game is supposed to be. I was in school when the game was restarted in the '70s and Friday brought back the feeling of excitement of those games. I hope to see this game stay on campus.

As a Baylor supporter, I am thrilled to read what you and mapquest had to say about the game being held on campus. Even though I came out on the short end of the stick, I agree that the atmosphere was what a high school rivalry game is supposed to be. I was in school when the game was restarted in the '70s and Friday brought back the feeling of excitement of those games. I hope to see this game stay on campus.

As an observer of this thread from start to finish, I believe that all of you are from Baylor trying to cast a shadow over the fact that McCallie beat Baylor on thier home field. They denied me and many more fans the opportunity to view this game up close and personal with the disguish that it provides an High School feel. If we were (and I know that we are not) in a major city the game would be played in a large arena, so quit being phony Baylor, McCallie beat you. I hope that next year 08 McCallie brings this game back to Finley where it belongs and also I hope that they make it eleven (11) that's right count it eleven (11) wins over an administration like Baylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!