Camden Football

GATORBAIT07

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hire Kevin Ward.

You leave Kevin Ward right where he is now!!! LOL You have to have a Coach that the players will respect,and we have that in Coach Ward,did'nt have it before...trust me,I know this for a fact. The kids have got to want to play FOR him,and when he shows results,the kids will come out to play for him. The support of the community has always been there,just more of it now.Set goals,achieve them,one step at a time,and things will happen. I just wish that the rest of the State knew how good Camden really is. We have a core group of young men that have played together for a long time,and the left hand knows what the right hand is doing ,so to speak,you need that combination,along with great Coaches,and there you have it...winners!!!

You leave Kevin Ward right where he is now!!! LOL You have to have a Coach that the players will respect,and we have that in Coach Ward,did'nt have it before...trust me,I know this for a fact. The kids have got to want to play FOR him,and when he shows results,the kids will come out to play for him. The support of the community has always been there,just more of it now.Set goals,achieve them,one step at a time,and things will happen. I just wish that the rest of the State knew how good Camden really is. We have a core group of young men that have played together for a long time,and the left hand knows what the right hand is doing ,so to speak,you need that combination,along with great Coaches,and there you have it...winners!!!

[/quo

AMEN!

I would say Ward is responsible for the rebirth of the program. Hopefully he will be sucessful for many years to come. I just hope he hits a little speedbump this Friday night

Obviously he has put together a good staff and has the players excited to be a Camden Lion!!!

Coach Ward came here and faught for his respect, the first couple of years. It just wasn't there before. Without it on any field, there is no "team." He has the respect of his players, assistants, parents and the community. He deserves it.

Lets just make sure all the Camden Lion fans come out "early" come Friday night and show this team & staff how much support they have. We have a team of players, we need a team of fans too! Lets give Milan that speedbump.

Too many people do not realize the necessary schemes and preparation that are vital to be successful. People believe that you you can just "throw" a guy in there and get the job done. I wouldn't say Ward is an exceptional coach; he simply does what a coach SHOULD do. He understand schemes and, as a defensive guy, knows how to stop the offenses around him in area schools. Look at the Region they were in - Lewis Co., Adamsville, Riverside, Houston Co., Stewart Co., Richland, Loretto. Lewis Co. is the only quality team in that mix - because they have a good scheme and Bobby Sharp does what he SHOULD do. Some of those others - Richland, Loretto, Riverside, Houston Co - would be quality teams IF their coaches would put the time in the prepare and learn how to beat other people's schemes. Houston Co. has players - but their coaches are idiots. Riverside hired a Defensive Coordinator who was so bad he couldn't make the playoffs at a school that won the state in basketball. Now they (Camden) are in an even EASIER region - Riverside, Waverly, Adamsville, Houston Co., Stewart Co., and Huntingdon. Huntingdon is the only quality team in the mix and they aren't what they used to be.

Do not take this to mean I'm saying Coach Ward isn't a good coach. My point is that it's easy to be a big fish in a small pond when the other fish aren't even trying or are too stupid.

Too many people do not realize the necessary schemes and preparation that are vital to be successful. People believe that you you can just "throw" a guy in there and get the job done. I wouldn't say Ward is an exceptional coach; he simply does what a coach SHOULD do. He understand schemes and, as a defensive guy, knows how to stop the offenses around him in area schools. Look at the Region they were in - Lewis Co., Adamsville, Riverside, Houston Co., Stewart Co., Richland, Loretto. Lewis Co. is the only quality team in that mix - because they have a good scheme and Bobby Sharp does what he SHOULD do. Some of those others - Richland, Loretto, Riverside, Houston Co - would be quality teams IF their coaches would put the time in the prepare and learn how to beat other people's schemes. Houston Co. has players - but their coaches are idiots. Riverside hired a Defensive Coordinator who was so bad he couldn't make the playoffs at a school that won the state in basketball. Now they (Camden) are in an even EASIER region - Riverside, Waverly, Adamsville, Houston Co., Stewart Co., and Huntingdon. Huntingdon is the only quality team in the mix and they aren't what they used to be.

Do not take this to mean I'm saying Coach Ward isn't a good coach. My point is that it's easy to be a big fish in a small pond when the other fish aren't even trying or are too stupid.

They can be considered a big fish in a large but very shallow pond that is West TN (Regions 7-9) this year. Though it is early the BIG fish I have seen are Camden and Westview. Now y'all can let the arrows fly but Huntingdon and Milan are down, still waiting to see about Trenton and Humbolt. I have not seen region 9 but one can assume that history will repeat itself and they will make no further than the second round.

This is where things get interesting the Zplan for the playoffs leaves us wondering whether Goodpature and CPA will go East or be in the West side of the bracket. If they go East then Camden or Westview has what it takes to make it to the Boro. On the other hand if they are stuck over here then it all ends with the semifinals. NO one will beat Alcoa in the championship though.

Coach Ward is an exceptional coach that has a great coaching staff and that can't be denied. Camden can't make it to the big show but they are a fair 2A team and in that region coupled with the mediocrity of Huntingdon, Trenton, Milan, etc. they should win a bunch of games. In the old playoff format it would be a good year to be a good team in west tn. 2A football.

Coach Ward is an exceptional coach that has a great coaching staff and that can't be denied. Camden can't make it to the big show but they are a fair 2A team and in that region coupled with the mediocrity of Huntingdon, Trenton, Milan, etc. they should win a bunch of games. In the old playoff format it would be a good year to be a good team in west tn. 2A football.

Or in 2a in Region 6. Lewis co. is the only team in that region.