Elizabethton vs Sullivan central

clonekid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CYCLONES-35- SC-6 I dont think the Cyclones will let this one slip away because they know if they do they will be packing it up after the unicoi game.

I have to agree. Not gonna kick the Cougars while they are down, but I think Betsy will roll. Central has got to find a way to get more kids into the program. Their feeder middle school teams have as many players and usually are pretty good. The high school coaches have got to go to the middle school games and meet with the kids. Encourage them now. Don't wait until they are freshman and have already quit. Don't let the basketball coach convince them that they need to quit to focus on basketball.

I agree . Cyclones win this one at a crucial time!

Big win for the program to get back on track!

Coach Witten and staff are doing a great job of coaching these young men, the kids just need to start listening and applying what they have been taught. I hope they realize how hard these coaches have worked to make them better

and give 110% effort!

At Johnson County, this team quit after the long TD pass that put JC ahead.

Hopefully they have found some speed to play the cover corner, if not, South, Bristol and many more will light that secondary up!

#20 Price did a very good job at JC, I would use him at fullback and run #33 Forbes and #21 Carr at tailback if Carr is healthy. Big win for cyclone JV, defeated Science Hill 28-21 as Forbes hauled in a screen pass and rambled about 60 yards as the playcock expired to give Betsy the huge win!

Maybe the varsity will be even better next year with these kids playing and Wittens staff having a year under their belts.

I have to agree. Not gonna kick the Cougars while they are down, but I think Betsy will roll. Central has got to find a way to get more kids into the program. Their feeder middle school teams have as many players and usually are pretty good. The high school coaches have got to go to the middle school games and meet with the kids. Encourage them now. Don't wait until they are freshman and have already quit. Don't let the basketball coach convince them that they need to quit to focus on basketball.

Your quote about the HS coaches not just at Central but all schools, going to middle school games is right on /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think people may be overlooking Central in this game, finally Cental will be able to work in some fresh legs this week so they won't die out in the 4th quarter. Plus this will be the first game back for Central's #10 who broke his wrist in the jamboree against, who else but Elizabethton. This game may be a little redemption for the Cougars.

I think people may be overlooking Central in this game, finally Cental will be able to work in some fresh legs this week so they won't die out in the 4th quarter. Plus this will be the first game back for Central's #10 who broke his wrist in the jamboree against, who else but Elizabethton. This game may be a little redemption for the Cougars.

I though Carl Roberts was the RB at Central. In the jamboree, I am told, he was at QB. Is this correct? Just curious how this came to be. I saw him run the ball as a freshman and once last season. Thought he was a pretty good rb.

I agree . Cyclones win this one at a crucial time!

Big win for the program to get back on track!

Coach Witten and staff are doing a great job of coaching these young men, the kids just need to start listening and applying what they have been taught. I hope they realize how hard these coaches have worked to make them better

and give 110% effort!

At Johnson County, this team quit after the long TD pass that put JC ahead.

Hopefully they have found some speed to play the cover corner, if not, South, Bristol and many more will light that secondary up!

#20 Price did a very good job at JC, I would use him at fullback and run #33 Forbes and #21 Carr at tailback if Carr is healthy. Big win for cyclone JV, defeated Science Hill 28-21 as Forbes hauled in a screen pass and rambled about 60 yards as the playcock expired to give Betsy the huge win!

Maybe the varsity will be even better next year with these kids playing and Wittens staff having a year under their belts.

I have to disagree with playing price at fullback, sure he would be good at it because he is one of the more physical players on the team........... However he has already proven he is the best TAILBACK on the team, so why move him......... "If its not broke, dont fix it........