FridayMainEvent

Bedford County Battle  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Bedford County Battle

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not on the same team if your telling your kid to go after those boys because of something that happened on the basketball court. Unless I've mis-read two of your posts on the subject you are condoning retribution for something that has been put in the past by the ones directly involved. I'm not trying to be your Daddy, I happen to be the uncle of one of the kids your probably referring to from Unionville and I don't appreciate an ADULT talking about him getting "payback" for something should be a dead issue. If that hurt your feeling, I'm sorry, but if the shoe were on the other foot, you'd probably feel the same way.

I think you should stand on the Unionville side of the fence Friday night! You didn't hurt my feelings, just want to be able to speak my mind just like everybody else. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would tell my child to protect himself and keep his head up, that every action he takes has a consequence. There is nothing wrong with good, clean football. If you have watched any Cascade game this year, you know our defense is awesome...They don't play, and no mercy will be taken Friday night, especially to a few kids that aren't friends with the Cascade bunch. Nothing personal. Every Friday night, there are a few players on every team that is the focus. The defense knows who to put pressure on and who to go after. Same for Cascade, at least two games have had one of our linebackers or linemen in double coverage. They studied the films and saw who the biggest threat was, and put two men on him. That's the beauty of the game. Both teams have the same equipment and padding, and may the best team win!! Go Champs!!

I'll stand on the side of the field my kid plays on. I've watched every game, scrimmage, jamboree, and several practices the last two years, so I'm pretty aware of what our team is capable of. I think I've been an ambassador for our team over the last two years and anyone who frequently reads CoachT would have to agree with that. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I don't plan to tell anyone where they should stand at a ball game and I'll no longer suggest anything to you on here. Speak freely and have a nice day.

Give it up HOMECOOKEN. You will "want" get anywhere talking to this guy. Perhaps we can all meet on the Cascade sideline and compare State Championship rings. Oh, I'm sorry, some of the participants in this conversation have never played footall so I doubt that they have a ring.

Good luck to both teams Friday night. PLAY HARD AND PLAY CLEAN.

This topic has gotten out of hand and once again it??™s the parents and or fans that are bringing this stuff up again. Regardless of what us fans think or predict will happen I guarantee you that Kenny is not going to have his players intentially go and try to injure a player from the opposing team. If that is allowed to be done he is not only sacrificing a chance to play in games during the season but also is hurting his team. I would hope that Cascade has more class than that and is the team to move past all of what happened in a basketball game 8 months ago. Also no matter what any of you think of other people's predictions or opinions Cascade 11 has done a lot for this Cascade program. he has put Cascade on the map and has advertised their name enough to where we get looked at and heard of from all over the state. I am not trying to give him all of the credit because everyone has apart in that from coaches, players, parents, and fans. All i I am stressing is we are fighting with the same side here. I don??™t always agree with what he says and im sure he feels the same towards me but that does not change the fact that we are all rooting for the same team and if we cant even get along with our own fans I would say it says a lot about a persons character. I think we should be a little more open minded and considerate of others opinions or thoughts.

i don't have a dog in this fight, but i am almost convinced that the people from cascade love a lot of drama. you guys evidently have a good football program, but whether you know it or not---your program is getting over shadowed by all the negative things that surround you guys. don't bring up a fight that happen last year between the two schools.sounds to me you are a bunch of grown ups who like to get things started. tell your sons to play good clean ball and not to go out and try to intentionally hurt someone's child. if we as parents are telling our children to do this, we need to be careful because whatever you sow you shall reap--play good clean ball and good luck to both programs

i don't have a dog in this fight, but i am almost convinced that the people from cascade love a lot of drama. you guys evidently have a good football program, but whether you know it or not---your program is getting over shadowed by all the negative things that surround you guys. don't bring up a fight that happen last year between the two schools.sounds to me you are a bunch of grown ups who like to get things started. tell your sons to play good clean ball and not to go out and try to intentionally hurt someone's child. if we as parents are telling our children to do this, we need to be careful because whatever you sow you shall reap--play good clean ball and good luck to both programs

this is to no any certain person, but the kids at Cascade and Comm are friends for the most part. I think that both teams just want to go and play football. As far as i know the kids are not even thinking about what happened at last years basketball game. Our kids really thought alot of Coach Frost and still do. Parents need to let go and let by gones be by gones. As far as Nick Batts goes, i would like to see him play just because it is Sr. year .

I say Cascade wins big. The coaches for both teams will have them ready to play, but I think that Cascade just has too much for Community to handle. I agree that Cascade coaches and players have respect for Coach Frost and his program and I think that coach Frost also respects Cascade's coaches and players. This game will be all about football and nothing else.

Really, the football game won't even be a contest. The contest will be which of the two up and coming 1A bands are the best. Both Cascade and Community are making a great name for themselves with their music programs. It will be interesting to see which band is the best and two good bands just make a football game even better! I can't wait for Friday night!

...meanwhile back at the Dungeon, the Red Devils are heating up! What cha gonna do when the Red Capet rolls out on you?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> LOL, you forgot "BROTHER"- Hulk Hulgan, aka Hollywood Hogan.

I am actually a Rick " Nature Boy" Flair guy but I love the post!