Marion Co. @ Tyner

TynerRamFan

Old Pirate has connections in the school system, Please send resume and contact coach Beck the athelitic director,I'm sure they could use your help, obviosly you have all the answers. Good Luck, the warriors do need some help.OP says jasper has played good teams with superior talent, nuff said.

Again, do you think the coaches like losing? Do you not think they are putting the linemen in the game that they think will give Marion a better chance to win? Any idiot can point out bad things, that's easy. It takes a true football person to find good things. The bad things are obvious.

Again, do you think the coaches like losing? Do you not think they are putting the linemen in the game that they think will give Marion a better chance to win? Any idiot can point out bad things, that's easy. It takes a true football person to find good things. The bad things are obvious.

That was aimed at volhooker. OP

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, do you think the coaches like losing? Do you not think they are putting the linemen in the game that they think will give Marion a better chance to win? Any idiot can point out bad things, that's easy. It takes a true football person to find good things. The bad things are obvious.That was aimed at volhooker. OP

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good Luck.................

Old Pirate has connections in the school system, Please send resume and contact coach Beck the athletic director,I'm sure they could use your help, obviosly you have all the answers. Good Luck, the warriors do need some help.

OP says jasper has played good teams with superior talent, nuff said.

I'm sorry OP...I didn't realize that you were the only one allowed to have an opinion on MC football on the board.

I forgot that you were the only one allowed to watch the game and make observations about the problems going on. But I guess your tone can be explained by your "connections to the school system and the coaches".

Buddies I guess.

Just so you know, there are a lot of people who notice these same issues!!

I don't deny that we have played good teams with great talent, but we have on this team enough talent to beat anyone we have played. Our lines have been our glaring problem.

Oops, there I go again, having an opinion!

I'm sorry OP...I didn't realize that you were the only one allowed to have an opinion on MC football on the board.

I forgot that you were the only one allowed to watch the game and make observations about the problems going on. But I guess your tone can be explained by your "connections to the school system and the coaches".

Buddies I guess.

Just so you know, there are a lot of people who notice these same issues!!

I don't deny that we have played good teams with great talent, but we have on this team enough talent to beat anyone we have played. Our lines have been our glaring problem.

Oops, there I go again, having an opinion!

Old Pirate says opinions are allowed, again OP suggests, offer your assistance as a volunteer coach. Heck, Ken had more assistant coaches than most colleges. Good help is always a valued asset.

volhooker, personally I think you need to go to school and become a coach. just kidding. I firmly believe half of marion county's problem is they simply do not have the line that can rotate. If you are at the games and so involved you should know this. Most of the linemen are sophomores and juniors, and every defensive lineman was rotated in last night as far as I could tell. What disturbs me about some of your quotes is that you don't take into consideration the size and talent Marion County's line has. They're young and really not that experienced. They are small. It kills me when fans blame everything on coaching. I am well aware Marion does some things that are suspect. (ex. playcalling, not giving 24 theball more etc.) But instead of so negative and critical, why don't you try to be positive. People like you do not give any confidence to the players and staff. Again go toUTC get you a teaching degree and start coaching.

GO WARIORS

According to The Marion County Football WebPage 5 seniors ( 1 of these is hurt ), 6 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 4 freshman. Looks like you are mostly an upperclassman team offensive line wise.

According to The Marion County Football WebPage 5 seniors ( 1 of these is hurt ), 6 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 4 freshman. Looks like you are mostly an upperclassman team offensive line wise.

You're wasting your time Bill...these two only think it should be praise and there are no problems anywhere...we just don't have the talent to compete with the teams we have played...

I say BULL!!!!! We have a lot of talent and when the correct people are in on offensive line and defensive line...that talent gets an opportunity to shine.

But, there I go again, having an opinion that doesn't match up to theirs.

You are a freakin joker volhooker. I would really like to know who you are and why are you not helping the coaches. Yeah people notice what the problems are, but I say that none of the lineman are too good. It doesn't much matter who you put out there. All of them are about equal. And sure people disagree with some things that coaches do but they are doing the best with what they have out there. We also wouldn't be 3-1 if we had the lineman that you want in the games. The boys quit against Boyd and it just wasn't the line. Tyner and South Pitt are way above us in terms of talent, and when you have a quarterback that calls the play and locks on the one reciever that the play is called for, then you have a horrid offense. The middle of the field has been open all year, but rarely does it get thrown there. There are much more problems than the line, we have recievers that don't fire off the ball and don't run sharp crisp routes and we could go on and on and on.

You are a freakin joker volhooker. I would really like to know who you are and why are you not helping the coaches. Yeah people notice what the problems are, but I say that none of the lineman are too good. It doesn't much matter who you put out there. All of them are about equal. And sure people disagree with some things that coaches do but they are doing the best with what they have out there. We also wouldn't be 3-1 if we had the lineman that you want in the games. The boys quit against Boyd and it just wasn't the line. Tyner and South Pitt are way above us in terms of talent, and when you have a quarterback that calls the play and locks on the one reciever that the play is called for, then you have a horrid offense. The middle of the field has been open all year, but rarely does it get thrown there. There are much more problems than the line, we have recievers that don't fire off the ball and don't run sharp crisp routes and we could go on and on and on.

Old Pirate says thata boy, tell him. OP really gets tired of hearing fans complain about coaching being all the problem. Volhooker must have some of that denial virus TT is infected with. The coaches attempt to put players in position to make plays, then it is in the players hand. The Tyner game is an example, missed tackles,dropped passes,missed blocks and the list goes on. Bottom line is the kids have to make plays consistantly in order to have success. The kids sometimes just simply get beat on their assignments by better,faster,stronger players.

Successful coaches must have the horses and the players need coaches that can put them in position to make the plays.

I do believe we had the talent to beat Boyd and Tyner. All the plays are called in from the coaches...now ask again why we never throw over the middle of the field.

I am picking on the coaches...because it is their responsibilty. If the players are not playing, then the coaches need to coach them up. Yet you are picking on the players and saying it is all their fault. Why is it OK to blame and question the kids, but never call the coaches into question?????????

QUOTE(OldPirate @ Sep 23 2007 - 10:51 AM)Old Pirate says thata boy, tell him. OP really gets tired of hearing fans complain about coaching being all the problem. Volhooker must have some of that denial virus TT is infected with. The coaches attempt to put players in position to make plays, then it is in the players hand. The Tyner game is an example, missed tackles,dropped passes,missed blocks and the list goes on. Bottom line is the kids have to make plays consistantly in order to have success. The kids sometimes just simply get beat on their assignments by better,faster,stronger players.

Successful coaches must have the horses and the players need coaches that can put them in position to make the plays.

OP...we have more people on this board who don't read. I never said that ALL the problems on this team are coaching. I do believe that they are to be held more responsible...last time I checked, that is why they are coaches. I know that there are problems everywhere on the field...but the most glaring problems are the lines. I would not be complaining as much if they never blocked well...but there are times when the correct personnel have been rotated in and the line blocks great, or on defense, the line gets great pressure.

I'm saying that they are doing things great at times and I don't understand why those times are not emphasized.

However, since I have obviously bothered some people by questioning the coaches...I do not wish to offend anyone by picking on their friends, so I will no longer post any opinions on Marion County football other than what the potential scores might be.

You guys can have your board back.

I do believe we had the talent to beat Boyd and Tyner. All the plays are called in from the coaches...now ask again why we never throw over the middle of the field.

I am picking on the coaches...because it is their responsibilty. If the players are not playing, then the coaches need to coach them up. Yet you are picking on the players and saying it is all their fault. Why is it OK to blame and question the kids, but never call the coaches into question?????????

OP...we have more people on this board who don't read. I never said that ALL the problems on this team are coaching. I do believe that they are to be held more responsible...last time I checked, that is why they are coaches. I know that there are problems everywhere on the field...but the most glaring problems are the lines. I would not be complaining as much if they never blocked well...but there are times when the correct personnel have been rotated in and the line blocks great, or on defense, the line gets great pressure.

I'm saying that they are doing things great at times and I don't understand why those times are not emphasized.

However, since I have obviously bothered some people by questioning the coaches...I do not wish to offend anyone by picking on their friends, so I will no longer post any opinions on Marion County football other than what the potential scores might be.

You guys can have your board back.

Old Pirate says volhooker, don't be like the little boy who could not get his way and got his ball and went home.

Jasper, I think graduated a lot of experenced lineman last year. The biggest problem OP sees for all schools is being able to play the younger kids with the mercy rule. SP, Jasper and almost every school who has strong programs have played a lot of kids in preparation for the future. OP and I'm sure you can see the potential problems the mercy rule causes. Not only for the strong programs but the weaker programs time on the field is cut considerably. Jasper, right now does not have a strong line. SP has a large group of skilled players but a limited amount of linemen, which has hurt in tough games. OP says the TSSAA has caused a lot of this by allowing these new privates play in the public divisions. Newer public schools such as Walker Valley, Nort Jackson in Alabama have held their own in their respective divisions. We all hate to loose, but each of us has to admit when our teams are not where they need to be. OP has been there many times. OP likes to rattle cages so don't take everything so serious.

Old Pirate says volhooker, don't be like the little boy who could not get his way and got his ball and went home.

Jasper, I think graduated a lot of experenced lineman last year. The biggest problem OP sees for all schools is being able to play the younger kids with the mercy rule. SP, Jasper and almost every school who has strong programs have played a lot of kids in preparation for the future. OP and I'm sure you can see the potential problems the mercy rule causes. Not only for the strong programs but the weaker programs time on the field is cut considerably. Jasper, right now does not have a strong line. SP has a large group of skilled players but a limited amount of linemen, which has hurt in tough games. OP says the TSSAA has caused a lot of this by allowing these new privates play in the public divisions. Newer public schools such as Walker Valley, Nort Jackson in Alabama have held their own in their respective divisions. We all hate to loose, but each of us has to admit when our teams are not where they need to be. OP has been there many times. OP likes to rattle cages so don't take everything so serious.

OP i like the way you think. Marion is down this year on the offensive and defensive line. It doesn't matter if Bear Bryant is the coach, if you don't have good kids on the line, you don't have good kids on the line. And by the way Bill 49, Marion started a 2 seniors, 2 soph. and one junior all of which has not had any experience. On the defensive line Marion starts 1 senior and 2 pretty darn good sophomores. Just quit blaming coaches for down years bill49 and volhooker. and whatever website you get your info from needs to be updated, because our best linbacker and guard quit before the boyd game. 71 was out and 56 was out. But you two don't take that into consideration, you just love kicking em when they have a bad game. If you're an alabama fan i bet you are ready to fire Saban cause he lost 1.

It's gonna get uglySure you do.........Just what are you saying???

...I think I was referring to the "Pirates" having the 'stats' & 'numbers' to back-up what everyone was saying about how good your team was...I don't know why MC thought they could win this year...I guess they thought it was about time they broke the 'streak'...they beat Grundy Co. and assumed they were ready for the "RAMS"...but I know they high hopes for them just as I do for my "RAMTRAIN"!!!