Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what games your talking about. Sevier with Sensabaugh went to the final game last year (Sectional State Championship) I think undefeated. They lost to Jefferson Co. in the final minutes of that game. I don't think anybody "handed it to them ". The freshman team at DB is undefeated at this point . I think their closest game has been something like 21-6. I would't think thats a "weak class". DB don't put alot into their JV team. It's more like practice for varsity. I think most schools are that way now. Some years it has been hard to even find JV teams to play. I wouldn't be suprised to see all schools do away with JV in the future.

The game I am talking about, was, as I stated TWO years ago when he played against kids his age, since I am told he's a bit older. The only time I saw him play. And Waco, I hope DB does win every game, having a cousin playing. And yes, THAT year Sevier did get it handed to them at Colonial Heights. And yes that CHMS team went 9-0 winning the first regional or sectional title, what ever they called it. Whether we like it or not, it happened. I was there to watch a friend's boy at Colonial Heights. That game was very lopsided and could have been 50-0. With that said, I am sure he's a good player, but after I seen him that game I really wasn't sure why all the hoopla. I was told he was fast but saw the CH rb run away from him/them several times. I know it's been two years and glad to hear he's playing varsity. I personlly hate that the varsity needs him this season. What position does he play on varsity? I guess I need to break down and buy a program huh?

And maybe I should have stated that I thought the classes were average, rather than weak. Maybe a poor choice of words, but that was my first impression.

I hope schools don't do away with jv, especially at DB. With a large number of kids on the roster, without jv, it would be possible that kids would play as freshman and then sit for three years. I see jv as a reward for the sophomores and juniors that dont play varsity, for getting beat up by the varsity all week. Make sense?

thats true...CS is older than alot of sophmores...he got held back

Thanks rolltribe2323.

No big deal, kids get held back. It happens and i'm not criticizing him for it. Means nothing now towards is success on and off the field now. I was just making my point about the game in question where I did get to compare him to others his age. I guess he was even a bit older than those kids. I also missed it earlier, but caught it later in a post, that he's at Rb behind Hogg. Thanks.

thats true...CS is older than alot of sophmores...he got held back

I guess as parents we all have to look at the pros and cons if we hold our kids back or send them early.I don't know if Chris was just held back and his age fell good on top of that or what. The fact is,he 's a fine athlete even if he was in the 10th or 11th grade as some kids will be at his age. The good is all the extra years to get stronger and maybe mature a little.The bad is very few kids will make money in sports for many reasons, and while the kids your age are finishing school and making money, your just starting. I've seen to many kids not make it because of injuries.We preach grades first and second, football third and career ending girls fourth.

I guess as parents we all have to look at the pros and cons if we hold our kids back or send them early.I don't know if Chris was just held back and his age fell good on top of that or what. The fact is,he 's a fine athlete even if he was in the 10th or 11th grade as some kids will be at his age. The good is all the extra years to get stronger and maybe mature a little.The bad is very few kids will make money in sports for many reasons, and while the kids your age are finishing school and making money, your just starting. I've seen to many kids not make it because of injuries.We preach grades first and second, football third and career ending girls fourth.

The only reason he is even considered to be a "fine athlete" is because he has been 2 years older than the competion since 7th grade. But if you think thats fair,have at it.

... The walk as you see it now, with hotdogs show boating, just started the past several years...

You're saying that the "show boating" is what has changed? "The Walk", AKA "The War Whoop" has been around for a long time. It appears to me that the "show boating" as you put it was in response to teams like Oak Ridge who put a lot of energy into intimidation. Of course, except for last year, OR usually back the intimidation up on the field play. Ya'll need to make up your minds. You complain about no energy in the stands but you want to shut it down pre-game on the field. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" The crowd just resonds to positive action on the field and before potential big plays. Parents yell at every play for little Johnny.

I'll take DB by 10.... since GC missed band practice Saturday. He must have been watching film and working on more changes.

If DB is 3-1 at this point, I'm betting we don't have to suffer thru this miserable tirade of want to be coaches. After scrolling thru this mess, it makes me glad to be in Jeff Co.....and we'll probably get beat. You folks are in need of a real life.

You gotta' be kidding me! All we've heard out of JC for the past three years were "want to be coaches". How many coaches have you had in that span? You are the one that needs a life. And a brain.

The only reason he is even considered to be a "fine athlete" is because he has been 2 years older than the competion since 7th grade. But if you think thats fair,have at it.

1 yr. older, 2 yrs. older.....by next week you people will be saying he's 10 yrs. older. What a bunch of losers. He is within the legal age limit to play football and that is all that counts. There are lots of players at other schools that are older also and it will never be mentioned. People are just jelious as in the post above. I guess he stold your girlfriend.