Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

I don't think there is a person that knows the DB program from a close chair, that is in shock with a 1-3 record. What would be a sure swing in all our thoughts is to reel off about 11 wins in a row . I 'd say a lot of fans are like the crew back on the ship in 1492 and are waiting for the end to be very bad. DB needs to see some of that victory land right now and I'm ready to go down to jc and watch it get started on JC's field

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You kidding right? You want a list of bad calls from a game in 2002? That specific play sticks out because it happened at such a crucial point in the game and because I was a few yds away from it when it happened.

No I no be kidding. You claim home cooking cost you a game in 2002 yet you say there is no way you can list bad calls from that long ago...other than 1 play that was a few yards from you (even though JC never scored again anyway so they would have still lost by 4). You said "fair share" and yet can only recall one play...there was nothing wrong with the other 40-50.

Wow your freshman run a different type of offense? Some of the middle schools in JC change their system to fit the HS system, so I`m especially surprised to hear that not even the freshman run the same system.

Different strokes I guess

In the past they have, but to be fair, it is a new offense this year. The JV is slowly working in the plays, just not signaling them in for the boys to read their arm bands. You will see Friday night, Dazed and confused.

No I no be kidding. You claim home cooking cost you a game in 2002 yet you say there is no way you can list bad calls from that long ago...other than 1 play that was a few yards from you (even though JC never scored again anyway so they would have still lost by 4).

I don`t think we were down 11 when that play happened, and even so momentum is a powerful thing, 1 or 2 plays can change an entire game. I`m sure Coach Anderson would mind, but I guess I could sneak into our film room friday night and come back with a full list for you by gametime /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I don`t think we were down 11 when that play happened, and even so momentum is a powerful thing, 1 or 2 plays can change an entire game. I`m sure Coach Anderson would mind, but I guess I could sneak into our film room friday night and come back with a full list for you by gametime /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

That was my point....I think it was a 4 point game- 19-15 and ended up being 26-15...so you can have that TD, the final margin was 4...still a W. But that was '02 so no need to jeopardize your freedom by becoming a felon to prove that you should have only gotten beaten by 4 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That was my point....I think it was a 4 point game- 19-15 and ended up being 26-15...so you can have that TD, the final margin was 4...still a W. But that was '02 so no need to jeopardize your freedom by becoming a felon to prove that you should have only gotten beaten by 4 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Who knows what would have happened if we had gotten the ball and went up 22-19 at that point in the game. As soon as I find a time machine I`ll let you know.

Who knows what would have happened if we had gotten the ball and went up 22-19 at that point in the game. As soon as I find a time machine I`ll let you know.

Exactly..who knows. But you are saying JC could have scored (speculation) and I'm saying they didn't (fact).

hey...if you find that time machine I need to go back and have GC put the big boys in at the goaline last year vs. WB instead of the mess they ran late in that playoff game. Thanks /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The 11th grade has more athletes than the 10th but they do have some.Both groups have lost some good ones,Js was a good running back for the 10th graders but moved. Some good athletes have got into trouble and some have moved for the 11th grade class as well. The 10th graders do not have a Justin Sylvester type player, but they do have some good ones. Starting with the QB {10}, he has looked very good at times this year. I've seen him during the week and at a couple of jv games,he is a leader. Some of the lineman for the 10th grade are going to be monsters.To many to number. No. 40 is the younger brother of Justin Sylvester and is a bigger athlete that made one of the best plays that I've seen this year against norths jv.H jumped 10 feet in the air and took a pass in a croud turned and made a couple of stiff arms before completing about a 60 or 70 yard play.No. 62 is a linebacker that bust wedges for the jv and he could do it on fridays,about 5'6'' and 200lbs of hitting machine.He along with no.44 are two of the strongest players on the whole DB team,the other kid is about 5'8'' and 180 or 190 and plays LB and FB, I've seen him kill people during the week at FB.43 is a good, smart playmaker at the Lb spot. 41 is a good looking defensive back and makes some mean looking hits. No. 6 is an 11th grader I think for the jv,but he is a very good looking player on both sides of the ball that will factor in next year.There are some more great kids but as I've said the 10th grade class doesn't have a lot of speed but some very strong players that can hit.

thats true...but there are 3 or 4 kids that dont play football that just play basketball and that are good athletes that can play but arent out there...devon sylvester is good one too..

Chris Sensabagh just moved up. He should move into 47's spot soon, 18 and 33 are seniors and good linebackers,and I agree everyone should wait their turn unless a special kid comes along like CS.

#47 is leading the team in tackles right now. He is not going anywhere. The defense is fine. If anything needs to change there, it would be to sit 33 down some so he can rest. Maybe they could put 9 in for 33, he seems to be a fair LB, and bring in Sensabaugh as a sub. That would give 33 some rest so he can make a difference on offense.

#47 is leading the team in tackles right now. He is not going anywhere. The defense is fine. If anything needs to change there, it would be to sit 33 down some so he can rest. Maybe they could put 9 in for 33, he seems to be a fair LB, and bring in Sensabaugh as a sub. That would give 33 some rest so he can make a difference on offense.

You are rite about #9.I saw him play at Sevier and he is a hitter. # 33 does needs to take a breather more often.He is running in and out crampping up and that slows him down on defense.#15 doesn't need to be in all all the time either.I thought the # 10 kid played safety as good as he did.# 2 is still not at 100% but he is making great plays for the defense. # 8 looks good warming up will be good QB in time.IMO Maybe rite now.

33 is a senior and a much faster,better athlete then any linebacker on the team.Nomatter who is putting the stats down,33 and 18 were the best linebackers we had until monday......... 9 should be the first of the bench,I agree,because when he went in for 47,he made two straight plays behind the line. When 9 comes in it should be for 33,18 or CS if he is starting over 9.

33 is a senior and a much faster,better athlete then any linebacker on the team.

No one disputes that 33 is one of the better athletes on the team, BUT, how good is he if he can hardly stand up straight? Friday night I saw him cramping, limping, holding his arm, bent over trying to catch his breath. If he plays both sides of the ball, and we need help on offense, wouldn't it make sense to rest him some on defense so he can make some plays for the offense? I don't care who subs for him, as long as the sub is good.