Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

Well I had it figured DB would be 2 and 3 at the halfway point. That means they'll have to beat Jefferson Co. Friday night. I never figured it would be playing out the way it has though. I am suprised at the way the defense has played so far. Coach Watson and the players on defense have been awsome, against some very good offenses. So the defense on a scale of 1-10, I would give a 9.5! The offense, not so good. I figured DB would be much better than this. Everybody has their own ideals as to what the problem is, so here is mine. I think Clark is stuborn. He made up his mind before the first game what the offense was going to look like and he's going to stick with it to the very end. From the plays he calls to the players he has in the game. I don't think its political but Clark does seem to favor the senior over the underclassmen. Im not inside Clarks mind so I don't know if he's over coaching or undercoaching, but it is one of the two. On a scale of 1-10, I'll give the offense a 2.

I think DB and Jefferson Co. are better teams than their records indicate and this will be a very close game. For DB I don't see any more offense in their future this year because of what I stated above. The remainder of their games will be close because there will be no changes in the offense. Games will be won or lost by the defense.

DB - 10

JC - 7

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m not sure if getting kids out is the thing now, we had what 90 something out for spring practice? From what I hear Coach Anderson has been active with the middle schools which is great to hear, does anyone know how many are on the freshman, or how they are doing?

There were 104 players out, but 40 of those were freshmen.

Still 40 freshmen I believe.

They have scored 129 points so far, their opponents have scored 0 !!

Probably and hopfully we will never run out of Sensabaugh's. And sorry to inform you, this one could be the best yet.

Hard to pick over Coty but this one is pretty good from what I've seen. But don't forget that Gerald Sensabaugh (Jags) has a brother at Sevier /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hard to pick over Coty but this one is pretty good from what I've seen. But don't forget that Gerald Sensabaugh (Jags) has a brother at Sevier /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

We had two running backs that quit.Trevor Mcnew and Brandon Rogan.I thought Mcnew was good.Rogan is at north.Mcnew would have helped us,he was fast.I don't think he liked the idea of playing behind some of the others.He only plays baseball now.