Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I am a die hard Jefferson County Patriot fan, I am looking forward to seeing D-B's band again. That is some kind of a band. Makes me yearn for the old days when JCHS had a large band. But that will not happen as long as Rogers is there.

Anyway................

GO BLUE !!!

Lets see if we can get this monkey off our backs !!

First off let me start by saying this, I have not posted much on here, but the past couple of threads I have been on the other posts have been rediculous. One thing that has ticked me off is how everyone here lately has been praising and bashing players that are on the same team. I have yet to use the kids names that play on the football team in my posts and will refrain myself from doing that. If you people don't think that these kids don't get on the website and read what is posted being posted than that is just assanine. So for everyone that posts on these websites why don't you try not to use kids (yes they are KIDS) names'.

Now the other thing that ticks me off worse than any thing is all the talk about Coach Clark. For all you morons out there that think he is the problem you couldn't be more wrong. Overall as far as DB football goes I don't think anyone can deny that the talent pool at this moment is not as good as it has been in the past. This is not the kids fault, not the coaches fault, not the QB Club's fault, not the political people in the community's fault either. Any public high school program goes through this in all sports, and before anybody replies "Yes I am still waiting on Maryville's dry spell to happen". All the coaches at DB right now are there for a reason, because they are the best there is to offer in this area. Regardless of posters opinions I have heard it and seen it written a number of times that DB's football coaching staff is the best staff bar none in TN. Having played for the coaching staff (even though it is the only high school coaching staff I ever played for) I would have to agree. Coach Clark and all the other coaches put the kids out there that put the team in the best possible opportunity to win, WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT. If they are no changes being made than it is for a reason.

And as for play calling, that is what it is... PLAY CALLING. Not PLAYING. The coaches cannot go out and play the ball game for the kids, sometimes the plays are not executed the way they are supposed to be.

The point I would like everyone to take from this post is "Let's stop bashing the players, coaches, and the program and get behind them".

Hinck-That was a pretty good sermon.But you know thats what these threads are for,to state your opinion,just like you did.I agree that we should not use kids names thats is wrong.Some people come on these threads just to stir the pot alittle.But you are dead wrong in thinking there is no politics at DB.The talent is there but no being used in the rite places.I don't know where you have been apparently not watching the games.Play calling not execution,is whats killing us as it has been for years.Sorry but thats my and alot of other peoples veiws.I am not a coach but have played football,not for Clark.So I am looking from the outside.This team does not have the chemistry that it should have at this point of the year.Enough said.

I dont know if you have been to a practice you know that these JV guys get plenty enough chances to learn with the Varsity and play against them on scout team. JV runs same plays and runs the same drills as Varsity.

Wrong,they do not get the same chance.Ask the best coach on the team to name jv players. Watson will know the ones that go down to some defensive drills and give the defense a good look,but those players do not get Watsons coaching on defense. The jv does a lot of your normal drills but when it's time to go offense against defense,the jv is at the other end .Ask the jv how many arm bands they have and how much film they watched today. Thats why these kids are not ready to play,but they sure can run down the field and KO some people on special teams.

Although I am a die hard Jefferson County Patriot fan, I am looking forward to seeing D-B's band again. That is some kind of a band. Makes me yearn for the old days when JCHS had a large band. But that will not happen as long as Rogers is there.

Anyway................

GO BLUE !!!

Lets see if we can get this monkey off our backs !!

The size of your band is largely dependent on the middle school programs that feed it much like athletics. Attack it from that level and you all can have a big 'ol band.

The size of your band is largely dependent on the middle school programs that feed it much like athletics. Attack it from that level and you all can have a big 'ol band.

Personally I`d rather have a big 'ol football team, competition breeds success. Have to find a way to keep kids through the summer, thats when most quit.

Hinck-That was a pretty good sermon.But you know thats what these threads are for,to state your opinion,just like you did.I agree that we should not use kids names thats is wrong.Some people come on these threads just to stir the pot alittle.But you are dead wrong in thinking there is no politics at DB.The talent is there but no being used in the rite places.I don't know where you have been apparently not watching the games.Play calling not execution,is whats killing us as it has been for years.Sorry but thats my and alot of other peoples veiws.I am not a coach but have played football,not for Clark.So I am looking from the outside.This team does not have the chemistry that it should have at this point of the year.Enough said.

Didn't say there were no politics at DB I said it is not the political people in the community's fault for not having the talent that DB has had in the past. Trust me I know there are politics at DB as there are at all schools, but the football team is one sport, or atleast speaking from past experience was one sport, that the politics didn't matter as far as who plays and who doesn't. I have not seen the JV team play and do not know how the underclassmen play in games, but I have been to practices during the spring/winter practice and to some of the summer practices and I have not seen many underclassmen that I think could make a difference in a game. One player that has been referred to in this thread can make a difference, and I think he will in due time, but let's not all jump ship because we have lost to 3 very good football teams. Enough Said.

Personally I`d rather have a big 'ol football team, competition breeds success. Have to find a way to keep kids through the summer, thats when most quit.

JC4life,

I think we are on the verge of something special with Coach Anderson at the helm. The program, as in numbers, will grow in leaps and bounds. The future is BRIGHT!!!

Didn't say there were no politics at DB I said it is not the political people in the community's fault for not having the talent that DB has had in the past. Trust me I know there are politics at DB as there are at all schools, but the football team is one sport, or atleast speaking from past experience was one sport, that the politics didn't matter as far as who plays and who doesn't. I have not seen the JV team play and do not know how the underclassmen play in games, but I have been to practices during the spring/winter practice and to some of the summer practices and I have not seen many underclassmen that I think could make a difference in a game. One player that has been referred to in this thread can make a difference, and I think he will in due time, but let's not all jump ship because we have lost to 3 very good football teams. Enough Said.

The jv doesn't have a player with 15-33-2 type speed, and as I've said before, they are not ready to play on the O or D because they just don't get the same coaching. What the jv does have is a few players that could make some plays on special teams,. How is that going to help? There are players on special teams-offense-defense ,that are getting beat down by the 4th quarter on fridays.

Well then i'm back and let me start of by saying, I think DB is doing better then expected this year, maybe not up to par where we would have them but doing well and as said earlier a change on Off. away from getting there. Who here has watched a DB JV Game? These WR's on Varsity need to step up or step off. I have seen atleast two very good JV WR's that need to be out there this friday on. Politics or no politics something needs to change. Step up play some new Wideouts give Crawford a chance and those of you who have followed this Jr. class no good and well he is GREAT at QB and deserves a shot.....i'm done for now anyway.............DB31 JC6

Roll Tribe Roll

So you EXPECTED them to be worse than 1-3?

I for one think Dobyns Bennett's coaching staff is one of the best put together in Tennessee in some time. They are working with what they have right now and doing their best. We do need to quit blaming coaches and players and try lifting this bunch up. This group of BOYS may react to adversity differenly than past team. Maybe they need to see encouragement on here. You know they read it. Yes, I do think there may be a dip in the talent at DB right now, probably for 2 or maybe even 3 years to come. But what does that say when you are year in and year out the best in NET? Says yes they are human as well. BUT, they are playing hard every down so get on board. The kids can only run the plays called and the coaching staff can only do there best to call the right plays. Do you think Coach G and the staff are putting in less hours? Taking a year off? Slacking off? I doubt it. We all know better. Remember it's still DB and the Ups will always outweigh the Downs.

Patience.

First off let me start by saying this, I have not posted much on here, but the past couple of threads I have been on the other posts have been rediculous. One thing that has ticked me off is .........

Hey Shelton (Clark). You really need to keep that blood pressure under control. A few more ticks and you might blow a gasket there young man.

Now seriously, this board is about expressing honest opinion. This is not a place for cheer leaders to try to build up their team. If you don't like people expressing their opinions, go somewhere else - Hot head.