Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

[quote name='spanky7134' date='Sep 16 2007 - 08:32 PM' post='826543863'

Now seriously, this board is about expressing honest opinion. This is not a place for cheer leaders to try to build up their team. If you don't like people expressing their opinions, go somewhere else - Hot head.

Go Indians! Indians rise from the ashes to start building a winning season and a return to the playoffs.

Indians 28

Pats 14

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you EXPECTED them to be worse than 1-3?

Don't have a dog in the fight but not all 1-3 records are created equal. Take it from this fan whose team is also 1-3. Despite being in a rebuilding mode, the Tribe has shown themselves quite well against the toughest slate of games anyone in the state has played.

I believe that was what the original poster was implying.

By the way, DB by two touchdowns.

JC4life,

I think we are on the verge of something special with Coach Anderson at the helm. The program, as in numbers, will grow in leaps and bounds. The future is BRIGHT!!!

I`m not sure if getting kids out is the thing now, we had what 90 something out for spring practice? From what I hear Coach Anderson has been active with the middle schools which is great to hear, does anyone know how many are on the freshman, or how they are doing?

Did i not tell you people that DB would be 1 and 3 threw the first four games? yes i did. i will be shocked this week if DB puts up 21 or more points cause they just have no offense. our qb cant throw a spiral over 20 yards. so tell me why graham calls any patterns over 20 yards. OR wasnt even that good of a team, they were probably alil better than last years team but not a normal OR team. DB isnt a normal DB team either. the whole qb thing is all about how graham has for some reason always been in love with the starter and i dont think he wants to play crawford cause he will scramble to much which wouldnt hurt. its just like when i was a junior when sam started over bo. bo was a better qb than sam but graham wanted to play the senior. sam was one of the nicest and toughest guy i have ever met in my life and i love him to death but bo was a better qb. DB just needs a leader. graham has got to change somethin or we might not even make the playoffs. i just hope we dont lose to jeff co. and as for the 04 game JC didnt dominate on offense at all they had one good run by shivvy and that was it. watch the film they didnt do anything other than that and in the second half they didnt even cross the 50. it would be really embarrassing if DB loses to jeff co but it wouldnt sursprise me. they gotta change somethin its gonna be ugly

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Did i not tell you people that DB would be 1 and 3 threw the first four games? yes i did. i will be shocked this week if DB puts up 21 or more points cause they just have no offense. our qb cant throw a spiral over 20 yards. so tell me why graham calls any patterns over 20 yards. OR wasnt even that good of a team, they were probably alil better than last years team but not a normal OR team. DB isnt a normal DB team either. the whole qb thing is all about how graham has for some reason always been in love with the starter and i dont think he wants to play crawford cause he will scramble to much which wouldnt hurt. its just like when i was a junior when sam started over bo. bo was a better qb than sam but graham wanted to play the senior. sam was one of the nicest and toughest guy i have ever met in my life and i love him to death but bo was a better qb. DB just needs a leader. graham has got to change somethin or we might not even make the playoffs. i just hope we dont lose to jeff co. and as for the 04 game JC didnt dominate on offense at all they had one good run by shivvy and that was it. watch the film they didnt do anything other than that and in the second half they didnt even cross the 50. it would be really embarrassing if DB loses to jeff co but it wouldnt sursprise me. they gotta change somethin its gonna be ugly

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

You are the one that needs to pop in the film, hard for Shivy to have just one good run when he finished with over 100yds yet only lost yds in the 2nd half. Also JC marched into the red zone 3 times but came away with a grand total of 3pts because of bad execution/play calling. Anyone not wearing maroon colored glasses knows that JC dominated the 1st, and DB dominated the 2nd when it mattered most(at least on defense for DB).

you didnt dominate anything if you dominated us then you would have put up points but you didnt and shivvy broke off a 70 yard run on like the 1st jc possesion so im sure he got 30 more yards the rest of the game. db had a terrible offense game that game probably the worst performance of the whole year. but believe whatever you want about that game but go watch the film and you will know that im right about yall not dominating us. so does jc have anybody other than there average RB?

DB by 7 because the good Lord takes care of coaches when everyone else is throttling them. Tough luck Gut Anderson you have your faithful behind you. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Pulling for Jeff but the odds are against you this week.

REMBER THE TROJANS!!!!!

I`m not sure if getting kids out is the thing now, we had what 90 something out for spring practice? From what I hear Coach Anderson has been active with the middle schools which is great to hear, does anyone know how many are on the freshman, or how they are doing?

Would you believe they are undefeated and totally kicking A in every game!!!

I will say after attending John Sevier's Area I playoff games last year against two middle school teams from Jefferson County, the Patriots have some talent coming up. Had size and hit hard for a middle school bunch. Maury and Jefferson City, I believe it was. If the kids stay with it, Jefferson County should be back at the top in a year or two.

you didnt dominate anything if you dominated us then you would have put up points but you didnt and shivvy broke off a 70 yard run on like the 1st jc possesion so im sure he got 30 more yards the rest of the game. db had a terrible offense game that game probably the worst performance of the whole year. but believe whatever you want about that game but go watch the film and you will know that im right about yall not dominating us. so does jc have anybody other than there average RB?

Well lets see, Shivy finished the game with 118yds rushing, he had a good negative 15-20yds in the 2nd half(maybe more). So we're talking about 130-140yds rushing IN THE 1ST HALF!, thats more than one good run. And no your offense didn`t just have a bad game, its called good defense, but I`m sure you have too much arrogance to give credit where its due.

Would you believe they are undefeated and totally kicking A in every game!!!

Very good to hear, we string a couple of good freshmen teams together combined with whats already there and the climb back near the top could happen sooner than expected /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DB 24 - 14 as GC makes a few more adjustments on the offense. Maybe as we go forward,the offense will start to jell and the team starts to develope some depth for the playoffs, so we don't fade in the 4th quarter . People keep talking about our talent being down,{ who is playing on defense against some of the best teams in the state?}. We have talent,but need to rest some people and get together on the O side of the ball.The first order is to play well enough to make the playoffs and I thank we will starting friday.Roll Tribe

I dont know if you have been to a practice you know that these JV guys get plenty enough chances to learn with the Varsity and play against them on scout team. JV runs same plays and runs the same drills as Varsity.

"get a look on the scout team" is bovine dung! Ask a sr or a so, they will all tell you the scout team is NEVER allowed to deliver a hit, only be hit. GC has his mind made up and there is no changing, no subbing, no matter what you do in practice. The way it is, was and will be. Part of the problem with the seniors this year, they got limited experience last year even though it would be 35-0 at the half and the first team would play all of the 3rd quarter. Stevens has some great skills, but there is too much arm tackling. Everybody thought another OT game but GC. Not real sure about the play calling with 2 minutes to go and you just fumbled the snap to make it 2nd down and 12 inside your own 10. Call something conservative and live to play overtime. Big adjustments on O...moved under center. Was it because of field conditions or will we see shotgun back again this week? Bliss has DB number one this week...Daniel Boone. With the residential boom in that area look to see that school come on in the next 5 -10 years.