Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys that think that coach Clark is not doing everthing possible to win are just wrong. Crawford had every chance to win the job and then some. (did you see the Maryville scrimmage...Crawford got every snap after the first drive) Still gets that chance every week in practice. He does give us big play potential but he also has "0" game management ability. When Crawford learns the plays, figures out where to line up, involves his team mates, quits the turnovers and the picks, reads the option instead of making up his mind before the snap, and generally can take charge on the field, he will play. He is the favored one of the two that Coach Clark knows gives us an expolsive demention at QB...but he either can't or won't get it done. Its not politics...its not favorites...its not senior class... its ALL ABOUT BEING ABLE TO RUN A PLAY TO THE SIDE OF THE FIELD THAT THE PLAY IS CALLED TO!

Dont blow a gasket #7 ok. I've followed #10 since he started playin with my son in 7th grade and all the kid does is just win ballgames no matter what it takes,something like 30-1 as a QB since ive seen him play, and there is NO doubt in my mind we would not be 1-3 with him in there. Where are u coming up with turnovers and ints when he has not had the chance to throw the ball (something like 3 passes all yr), yeah i was at the south passing scrimmages when #7 threw 3 picks against our B team while #10 didnt throw any that whole day, and you know what,there has been no progression in his throws and decision making yet. When own players from the team are going around telling people that they are quiting (surely unlikely they would) unless #10 plays QB thats a major issue for the team. Also the side the play is called??? You mean when GC calls for the pass to the right or left, yea stupidest thing ive ever heard unless its a screen pass, you take ur drop u look to ur go to wr then check 2nd wr and etc..(and look off the safety #7, dont just throw it up for grabs and stare ur man down, also when they blitz check down to the back, dont take huge sacks all the time) You dont freakin call a play and tell the QB to throw it to the right or left GC, i mean geeez you've been coaching how long??? The fact is we dont have an offense period. Know why?? We dont have the bomb in the playbook anymore to Coty or Joseph,but we do have guys gettin open down the field, can #7 get it to them if its over 20 yrds, well we'll see come fri night at JC.

Also missing reading the option????? Like in that 3rd and 6 play late in the 2nd half when the fullback dive was wide wide open but #7 keeps it, gets drilled for a loss and we're punting again. Dont get a chance to see the film but im sure GC flipped out when he saw that cause i know me and every1 sitting around me saw that the dive was clearly open for 15 yrds and a big FIRST DOWN!!

trevor mcnew is a good athlete and the young players coming up for DB are pretty athletic...about the sophmores at DB...they have athletes..just not playin football..i know i know it doesnt matter now im just saying about the athleticism of them..

The 11th grade has more athletes than the 10th but they do have some.Both groups have lost some good ones,Js was a good running back for the 10th graders but moved. Some good athletes have got into trouble and some have moved for the 11th grade class as well. The 10th graders do not have a Justin Sylvester type player, but they do have some good ones. Starting with the QB {10}, he has looked very good at times this year. I've seen him during the week and at a couple of jv games,he is a leader. Some of the lineman for the 10th grade are going to be monsters.To many to number. No. 40 is the younger brother of Justin Sylvester and is a bigger athlete that made one of the best plays that I've seen this year against norths jv.H jumped 10 feet in the air and took a pass in a croud turned and made a couple of stiff arms before completing about a 60 or 70 yard play.No. 62 is a linebacker that bust wedges for the jv and he could do it on fridays,about 5'6'' and 200lbs of hitting machine.He along with no.44 are two of the strongest players on the whole DB team,the other kid is about 5'8'' and 180 or 190 and plays LB and FB, I've seen him kill people during the week at FB.43 is a good, smart playmaker at the Lb spot. 41 is a good looking defensive back and makes some mean looking hits. No. 6 is an 11th grader I think for the jv,but he is a very good looking player on both sides of the ball that will factor in next year.There are some more great kids but as I've said the 10th grade class doesn't have a lot of speed but some very strong players that can hit.

I really think that we as Tribe fans are so spoiled by success that we have lost sight of a very important fact. We have just played three of the best teams in the state and could have easily won one, two, or even all three games with a little discipline by our offense. Our toughest games are probably behind us now, so let's quit crying over spilled milk and start supporting these kids who go out there and bust their butts every day. If you think it's easy being out there in the hot sun practicing in full pads, try it sometime. No team (or coach) can be expected to go 10-0 every season. That's just not realistic. And now is not the time to jump ship or throw the captain overboard. I sincerely believe that we can win the rest of our games and be seeded pretty high in the playoffs.

I really think that we as Tribe fans are so spoiled by success that we have lost sight of a very important fact. We have just played three of the best teams in the state and could have easily won one, two, or even all three games with a little discipline by our offense. Our toughest games are probably behind us now, so let's quit crying over spilled milk and start supporting these kids who go out there and bust their butts every day. If you think it's easy being out there in the hot sun practicing in full pads, try it sometime. No team (or coach) can be expected to go 10-0 every season. That's just not realistic. And now is not the time to jump ship or throw the captain overboard. I sincerely believe that we can win the rest of our games and be seeded pretty high in the playoffs.

Actually the toughest games are not behind us. Your toughest game is always your next one. This team has no offense and a great defense. Unless the defense starts scoreing some points every game DB plays will go down to the wire. It does take points on the scoreboard to win you know.

chris wont be the best sensabaugh to go through DB. i think he will be good but you would be good to if you were a year older than everybody you played against. and it doesnt matter if we could have won those games cause we didnt. we arent gonna win another game if graham doesnt change the offense cause they cant do anything. and JC hasnt given us a good game in awhile

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />