Best Summer Teams

TNT

why has no one said anything about murfreesboro's sudden rage? i saw them play many times this summer and they have a really good team. they have the pitcher from riverdale and another from warren co. they also have players from oakland, blackman and shelbyville. i look forward to seeing them play next summer! :o

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to compare summer ball teams you have to divide them up into ages otherwise it is just crazyness. But since it is already nutty in here I will trow in my thoughts.... ;)

In 16

I have to go with the Firebirds, and T.E. Elite (or should I say the former Elite?) Both have solid teams. There may be more that are good, but I don't see 16-u that much, and I have friends on both of these teams.

-Also, The Nashville Eagles, Yeah, they had Megan Rhodes. Winning nationals in NSA isn't too bad of an accomplishment.

For 18-u

-Ofcourse the Parker Eagles are good, all of their players either have played a year at a DI college or are about to play a year at a DI school. They are good, we played them, and did really well considering we are a team made up of 16, and 17 yearolds. I give them props, b/c Jennifer and Amy (Wright) have both been teammates of mine, and Sara Meek is one of my best friends, but really what do you expect?

-Now for young teams. The Chattanooga mustangs are a very good team. They are pretty young for the most part, but they play well together, and put things together, especially offensively. Good job girls.

-And ofcourse, the Brentwood Blues. I have to put in a plug for my team! I mean come on, who did the best job of representing TN at ASA nationals? OK then. We work pretty hard. We have a great coach, who does a ton for us on and off the field, and we have the talent to do a lot of things. I think we will def. be better next year than last, and we will be a team to watch out for. :o

Posted by Softball1:

sorry...sudden rage is 16U "A"...they won or placed in all but one of their tournaments and came in 5th out of over 100 teams in the nationals. how many other teams can u think of that can say the same? i'm sure it's not very many.

You are right. Sudden Rage is a very fine team. As to whether any other team can say the same, perhaps the Nashville Eagles can. They won the ASA 16U "A" state tournament, then placed 1st in the NSA nationals.

Tennessee has a lot of great teams!

Guest SoFtBaLLsTar06

my team the firebirds is a great team ~ we have a bunch of good players from the middle tennesse area ~ good coaching ~ we were great in 16U and now were goin to 18U ~ right now in our fall ball tourneys we are awesome ~ we got sara hickerson and valen cooper added to our team right now along wit most the girls from the 16U team ~~ Go firebirds

Guest SoFtBaLLsTar06

te elite will probably not be having a team this summber bc stanfill has had half his players quit such as danielle peroni toni hudginson(sp) lacy becky bales and others

well . .i have played with both the sudden rage and the firebirds both and by far i think that the firebirds are a way better team . . . .i think that the firebirds have better coaching and better players that dont whine as much because their coaches dont push them as much. . . for example when i played for the rage the summer before last in the very first tournament that we played in we won and got a invitation to go to the world series (nationals) . . .but did we . .NO!! sudden rage could have a better team but they need better coaches . .yes sudden rage is a strong team but i dont think that they are as strond as yall are putting them out to be!

• 1 month later...

I here alot about Teams that go nowhere,been nowhere and are only playing local tournaments only. If you are going to be a BIG DOG play with them. Theres only two teams in the whole state of Tennessee that that can say there a BIG DOG and thats this years 16u NIGHTHAWKS and the 18u FIREBIRDS. These teams play from the East Coast to the West Coast and can play with anybody. Both teams are loaded with talent and ready to play anyone anytime anywhere. There is only type of softball and thats A.S.A.if your teams are playing anything else n.s.a., pony,or any of the other thousand abbreviated classes dont call us we"ll call you.