Best Summer Teams

TNT

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STD,

The younger Nighthawks are also on the right track. The 10u & 12u both qualified for ASA-A last year and skipped the NSA World Series. The 12u finished "3rd" in the ASA-A Nationals and sent 7 California teams home, as they played some of the nations best last season. They also are going to the Colorado Firewoks Tournament as a 14u team. Also have plan to play in other top tournaments & NQ this summer. They recently won the Birmingham fall tournament as a 12u moving up in 14u-A.

We all have the same plans I think. To have very good teams, play in the best tounament so our player can play at the next level and received a college degree with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think that the Nighthawks are the only team in Tennessee. The Frost Falcons are a very good team and will probably be even stronger this upcoming year. They have been invited to the ASA-A Nationals 5 years in a row...So I dont think that the Nighthawks are the only team in the Tennessee area that are any good....

The nighthawk teams should have the best teams in the south, because they dont have a problem with begg, buy borrow, or steal any player on any team with out any reguards to the coach of the other teams, they paint a pretty picture until they find a player better than your daugther. Then your daughter gets to sit until your daughter has had enough of this kinda of punishment. they want ask you to leave / just hope you leave on your own in mean time their pockets are fat and their trailers are full of equiptment. When you run a team like this you can afford to go every where in the states to play ball. Because parents have put up big money just to wear purple bird. And if your daughter dont perform, have a seat for about 4 tourmants or until they can replace you. They have your money and you have no place to play. I have several friends that have been through this. This kinda of experence has made many good player just give up the game because of the treatment they have received from the un greatful coaches. If i steped on any toes maybe you need to change your shoes to some other color. O yes the reason most player dont say anything is they show more respect than they got, and that is a true softball player, iam proud of these girls....

[Edited by catchman on 12-19-02 5:24P]

[Edited by catchman on 12-19-02 5:28P]

Without an argument, you should always investigate any team and the coaches before you agree to play. There are several travel teams and coaches painting a great program and season but, by their actions, produce less than ideal results. Player beware. However, coaches also have a difficult time. They invest time, effort, money, and have girls commit, only to have them change their minds or run off to another team when one comes along that is "better." What's the solution? Do your homework. Listen to past players, and decide if the team or coach is right for you. The best coaches do their homework and know the players who are and who aren't dependable.

As far as the Nighthawks go, I know they want to win. I know a lot of their players. They have been able to keep a core group together over the years and I don't think thay would ever run off a player who was really good. This is not to say that I agree with everything they do or have done in the past. :D

Hey catchman.....sounds like you have some sour purple grapes.....let me know which team has a trailer....full of equipment....I think you have your teams mixed up.....Welcome to the big leagues.....Sometimes you are a big fish until you get out of your own pond...Nighthawks are not the only team who have roster changes....anybody who wants to win looks for the best...at this age the child either wants to be the best or not....league ball plays on Sat. morning...I'm sure they have open spots....As far as picking up better players......nobody should be comfortable or guaranteed a spot..... :D