Hillsboro @ Maplewood

boski

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It's so funny /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I can't catch my breath /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

ok maybe the shelbyville part was a bit much ... but the rest is on point ..Beatdown!!

MBA has a good Defense, Maplewood just has a better one!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok maybe the shelbyville part was a bit much ... but the rest is on point ..Beatdown!!

MBA has a good Defense, Maplewood just has a better one!

ive never seen Maplewood play, so i'm not going to say this isn't true, but i know you have never seen MBA's defense either.

i went to the MBA vs Hillsboro game with the same attitude you have right now, expecting MBA to beat them rather easily. You're going to be in for a pleasant suprise when you see the offensive attack Hillsboro has.

Nice first time poster /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seward had 6.6 yards per carry. Two touchdowns in the first half by the Burros. I will admit that MBA played well defensively in the second half. MBA deserves credit for the win but Hillsboro had many opportunities they let slip away.

ok last year in this game, seward might have had 3 to 4 yards a carry. this year... oh my god, maplewood is a hole lot faster in just about every position on deffense. so thoes lil slip screens might result in a..... what can i say....? touchdown for maplewood. im sorry guys but maplewood D is just to fast. they got to have the fastest D in the state right now with no editing.

OK I figured I'd jump in now as I've been reading this whole thread and hearing that MBA's defense is not the better than Maplewoods. MBA has the best defense in the state hands down. They were exposed with bad tackling in the first half with a GREAT back out of Seward. A warning to Maplewood, Seward is up there with the best backs in the state no doubt. Eric Gordon is a factor but watching the game vs MBA, it is very obvious Seward is their bread and butter.

To the guy saying Hillsboro is very simple.... YES THIS IS TRUE, but stop it.... They run their fades/digs, then a bubble or jailbreak screen, couple of tosses, traps, and HB screens. You can argue that Arent isn't rattled, you could also argue that all of the passing plays they run are based on timing, and steps. His completion/attempts were great because they ran 3 step drop all night. Its obvious when they run a screen because its the only time he takes more than a 3 step drop with the exception of the fade/digs they run. Screens and fade/digs were both 7 so I will say I dont like their passing game, but they ran the trap exceptionally well. About their tosses, they did not work in the 2nd half because MBA switched up their man blitz switching the DT containing to the DE's coming outside the DT. This put the DE's in Sewards face in seconds.

MBA's D.. with their coaching/discipline I really believe they are the best in the state. Disagree as you wish. Also they didnt shut out Antioch.. they returned a fumble recovery for a TD,they shutout out Baylor. Say what you want about speed, but without discipline, speed is nothing. Maplewood is better off keeping 6-7 in the box all night to contain Seward then worry about Eric Gordon/Garrett. Regarding Eric Gordon, he is a great receiver dont get me wrong, but I just don't think Arent is good enough to show his true potential.

In the end...

Hillsboro - 21

Maplewood - 10

OK I figured I'd jump in now as I've been reading this whole thread and hearing that MBA's defense is not the better than Maplewoods. MBA has the best defense in the state hands down. They were exposed with bad tackling in the first half with a GREAT back out of Seward. A warning to Maplewood, Seward is up there with the best backs in the state no doubt. Eric Gordon is a factor but watching the game vs MBA, it is very obvious Seward is their bread and butter.

To the guy saying Hillsboro is very simple.... YES THIS IS TRUE, but stop it.... They run their fades/digs, then a bubble or jailbreak screen, couple of tosses, traps, and HB screens. You can argue that Arent isn't rattled, you could also argue that all of the passing plays they run are based on timing, and steps. His completion/attempts were great because they ran 3 step drop all night. Its obvious when they run a screen because its the only time he takes more than a 3 step drop with the exception of the fade/digs they run. Screens and fade/digs were both 7 so I will say I dont like their passing game, but they ran the trap exceptionally well. About their tosses, they did not work in the 2nd half because MBA switched up their man blitz switching the DT containing to the DE's coming outside the DT. This put the DE's in Sewards face in seconds.

MBA's D.. with their coaching/discipline I really believe they are the best in the state. Disagree as you wish. Also they didnt shut out Antioch.. they returned a fumble recovery for a TD,they shutout out Baylor. Say what you want about speed, but without discipline, speed is nothing. Maplewood is better off keeping 6-7 in the box all night to contain Seward then worry about Eric Gordon/Garrett. Regarding Eric Gordon, he is a great receiver dont get me wrong, but I just don't think Arent is good enough to show his true potential.

In the end...

Hillsboro - 21

Maplewood - 10

good post. MBA certainly can argue they have the best D in the state. seward truly is fascinating to watch, but gordon is the best athlete on Hillsboro's team.

good post. MBA certainly can argue they have the best D in the state. seward truly is fascinating to watch, but gordon is the best athlete on Hillsboro's team.

I don't disagree that he's not the best athlete. He got in at RB/WR/FS and made plays where ever he was. I just think that Seward is more as of a threat when hes coming out of the backfield. If you were at the game you could just see this guy fly... his first step as soon as the play started is booming, he lines up 3-4 yards behind the line just because their coach realized he doesnt need more than a step to scan the line and get his motor going full speed. Just what I think though... maybe if they didnt look for Gordon the whole 2nd half and just let Seward run a couple more traps, they could have come back.

I don't disagree that he's not the best athlete. He got in at RB/WR/FS and made plays where ever he was. I just think that Seward is more as of a threat when hes coming out of the backfield. If you were at the game you could just see this guy fly... his first step as soon as the play started is booming, he lines up 3-4 yards behind the line just because their coach realized he doesnt need more than a step to scan the line and get his motor going full speed. Just what I think though... maybe if they didnt look for Gordon the whole 2nd half and just let Seward run a couple more traps, they could have come back.

yes, i was in attendance, and as a hillsboro fan, i get to see him almost every week. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> you should just see him face a defense inferior to MBA's as that was certainly one of his more lackluster performances over the last couple of years. he has tremendous vision and is very shifty, so against defenses that aren't as disciplined as MBA's, he'll break off at least 3-4 20+yard gains a night.

MBA's D.. with their coaching/discipline I really believe they are the best in the state. Disagree as you wish. Also they didnt shut out Antioch.. they returned a fumble recovery for a TD,they shutout out Baylor. Say what you want about speed, but without discipline, speed is nothing. Maplewood is better off keeping 6-7 in the box all night to contain Seward then worry about Eric Gordon/Garrett. Regarding Eric Gordon, he is a great receiver dont get me wrong, but I just don't think Arent is good enough to show his true potential

In the end...

Hillsboro - 21

Maplewood - 10

I am not sure I understand why you question the coaches using 3 step drops to get the ball in these guys hands quickly. MBA was bringing preassure so you call plays for the ball to come out quickly. Sounds like good coaching to me.

I was at the game and Arent got the ball to Eric seven times. You are the only one I know who was at the game and did not think Eric showed his true potential. Eric is clearly a division one prospect on either side of the ball. Hillsboro also has dangerous recievers in Corey Jordon, Demetrious Garret, Jarett Blihovde, Nick Hill and Jacquese Seward. Since they can only play with one ball, it would not be reasonable to expect Arent to throw to Gordon more than 7 times in a game.

If Maplewood does decide to load up the box and stop Seward then Arent will continue to get the ball quickly into the hands of Eric and the other guys and it should be a big night for Hillsboro.

If not for a holding call and a couple of questionable spots on third and fourth down with Hillsboro at the MBA 18 yard line, 17 completions would of been good for four TD's last Friday. I said earlier that 17 completions equals a four TD win for Hillsboro and I stand by my assertion. MBA's defense was well disciplined and they kept Jaquese and the Hillsboro recievers from any big plays (one long pass in first quarter to Jordon and one run by Jaquese for 25yds). I look for Maplewood to miss some tackles that MBA made, and a couple of passes will turn into TD's with long YAC. I also expect Jaquese to break at least one long touchdown run.

Maplewood has a good defense and it will be a good game, but Hillsboro has too many options. Not to mention the Hillsboro defense who in spite of losing, did hold an MBA team that rushed for 447yd vs Antioch, and 375yd vs Baylor to 198yds. Not the number the Burro coaches were looking for but respectable given the good game plan for MBA mixing runs and passes. (not to mention running one for sure D1 signee and a couple of other backs who looked pretty good, behind perhaps the best lineman in the state and a couple of other guys who could sure find and hold a block) Chris Simpson will need to complete more than the three passes he did against Hunters Lane or the three against Pearl for Maplewood to have a chance in this game.

Of course, every time he throws the ball that is another chance for Eric Gordon to "show his true potential" Not to mention Garrett, Davis and Crutcher who wil all be happy to "show their true potential."

ive never seen Maplewood play, so i'm not going to say this isn't true, but i know you have never seen MBA's defense either.

i went to the MBA vs Hillsboro game with the same attitude you have right now, expecting MBA to beat them rather easily. You're going to be in for a pleasant suprise when you see the offensive attack Hillsboro has.

never said it would be easy ... but maplewood can pull this off ..looks like now is the time more than ever .. 1 more day .. i cant really say anything about it ...but look out for Maplewood new double wing t spread formation!!! wow ..cover that!!!

..and yes gereenmule i will be back regardless of what happens friday night .. will you be back?

if Maplewood come out hitting these boys like they have been doing ..you are going to see Hillsboro fold like a taco

I am not sure I understand why you question the coaches using 3 step drops to get the ball in these guys hands quickly. MBA was bringing preassure so you call plays for the ball to come out quickly. Sounds like good coaching to me.

I was at the game and Arent got the ball to Eric seven times. You are the only one I know who was at the game and did not think Eric showed his true potential. Eric is clearly a division one prospect on either side of the ball. Hillsboro also has dangerous recievers in Corey Jordon, Demetrious Garret, Jarett Blihovde, Nick Hill and Jacquese Seward. Since they can only play with one ball, it would not be reasonable to expect Arent to throw to Gordon more than 7 times in a game.

If Maplewood does decide to load up the box and stop Seward then Arent will continue to get the ball quickly into the hands of Eric and the other guys and it should be a big night for Hillsboro.

If not for a holding call and a couple of questionable spots on third and fourth down with Hillsboro at the MBA 18 yard line, 17 completions would of been good for four TD's last Friday. I said earlier that 17 completions equals a four TD win for Hillsboro and I stand by my assertion. MBA's defense was well disciplined and they kept Jaquese and the Hillsboro recievers from any big plays (one long pass in first quarter to Jordon and one run by Jaquese for 25yds). I look for Maplewood to miss some tackles that MBA made, and a couple of passes will turn into TD's with long YAC. I also expect Jaquese to break at least one long touchdown run.

Maplewood has a good defense and it will be a good game, but Hillsboro has too many options. Not to mention the Hillsboro defense who in spite of losing, did hold an MBA team that rushed for 447yd vs Antioch, and 375yd vs Baylor to 198yds. Not the number the Burro coaches were looking for but respectable given the good game plan for MBA mixing runs and passes. (not to mention running one for sure D1 signee and a couple of other backs who looked pretty good, behind perhaps the best lineman in the state and a couple of other guys who could sure find and hold a block) Chris Simpson will need to complete more than the three passes he did against Hunters Lane or the three against Pearl for Maplewood to have a chance in this game.

Of course, every time he throws the ball that is another chance for Eric Gordon to "show his true potential" Not to mention Garrett, Davis and Crutcher who wil all be happy to "show their true potential."

The problem with HILLSBORO's 3 step drop is there was no 2nd hot read. MBA had 7 sacks... yes 7. When his 1st hot read wasn't open he didnt have another receiver to read. Also, #11(their 2nd qb) wasn't given any rollouts which could have relieved some pressure that MBA was bringing. I didn't like there almost no variety, its just going to work against a team like MBA. But Maplewood not being MBA, I hope they do what they did against MBA. Just bad game planning IMO.