westmoreland vs cannon county

Gridiron88

Hey Mo$$$$...........has anyone heard from the dynamic duo of Heckle and Jeckle (Singy-and-Stampus Lickus). I don't remember if there are any bridges up Moland way that they could have jumped off of. (maybe a watertower).

I guess they are sulled up like a couple of big ole Terrapins. Maybe they will be able to stick their heads back out after Friday nite...I believe tha Eagles will pull this one out....

I cann't decide which I like better.....When Heckle and Jeckle are sulled up like terrapins and not talking, or acting like snapping turtles and won't shut their mouths.......... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .

Termite,

Not once have i ever insulted you so why are you insulting me. I have not been quiet at all. I congratulated Gordonsville on their win indicating that they deserved to win because they had the best team. Westmoreland kids had the oppurtunities to make plays but right now we have Seniors playing like Sophmores. Juniors who think they are stars and just showing up is enough and Mental breakdowns like spiking the ball when your upset and losing a crucial down due to a penalty. Linebackers that didn't show up and DE missing open field tackles. The talent is there but no Senior Leadership. I write all of this to challenge our players to respond. When a pass hits your hands, catch it. When you have the opportunity to make a tackle, break down and make it. Line block every play, Receivers get your blocks downfield and quit worrying about getting hit. No matter how good the preseason papers say you are, that means nothing if you don't perform. It's time for this team to come together.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a HUGE region game for both teams. The Lions seem to be finally improving this year. Its good to see a team that has been down for so long making some serious improvements. The Eagles seem to have slipped some from last year. Cannon will need this win to keep their playoff hopes alive, already losing to York. Any other year I would say Eagles BIG, but not this year. I still give a slight edge to the big red machine. Westmoreland by a TD.

Good luck to both teams.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

I know Singy.........but I got to get ya'll talking or something......ya'll have been too quiet. Remember.....all in fun.

I do believe ya'll get back on track this week....although Cannon appears to be much improved.

You've been around ball long enough to know after a tough loss yougot to put it behind you.....just like the team does.

Yeah.....there is some jabs with a sharp stick sometimes by other fans (and me).....but I would/will expect the same.

Don't set around feeling sorry for yourself....nobody else will. I think it's kind of like I said back in Feb/Mar ya'll lost a lot of seniors that started and that does take a toll...maybe not so much as playmakes as saying the right things and leading by example .I believe ya'll come out of the Cannon game on top.

Hey Mo$$$$...........has anyone heard from the dynamic duo of Heckle and Jeckle (Singy-and-Stampus Lickus). I don't remember if there are any bridges up Moland way that they could have jumped off of. (maybe a watertower).

I guess they are sulled up like a couple of big ole Terrapins. Maybe they will be able to stick their heads back out after Friday nite...I believe tha Eagles will pull this one out....

I cann't decide which I like better.....When Heckle and Jeckle are sulled up like terrapins and not talking, or acting like snapping turtles and won't shut their mouths.......... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .

I said I'd be back this week sometime. I have done enough talking as it is. I'm very disappointed to this point. Not about the fact that we got beat by a good Gordonsville team, but the effort I think some of our players gave Friday night and also the lack of enthusiasm that our fans showed during the game which I think spilled over onto the field because I seen no fire what soever in our players. All the hard work you put in all summer long and winter too, I think friday nights the players would be more fired up to play than what they showed the other night. This game this week scares me. If we think we can go out and pound Cannon the way we usually do we may wind up very surprised and saddened. Cannon has something that we dont right now. They believe they can win and are probably expecting to win. That makes them very dangerous on our homecoming. I'm still behind ya'll all the way and always will be because I'm an Eagle to, but we need to get some confidence and self respect back. Remember last years team had the same record as you all do after the Gordonsville game and then they hunkered down and won the rest. Can this team do the same? I think they they still can. This week is yet another region championship game. Treat it like one.

i think the talk of a blow out or landslide may add fuel to cannons fire,if they hear of it,i'm sure you all have heard that anyone can be beat on any friday night.but west may get on track this week. but one thing i'm sure of is coach barger will have his men ready come friday.

I dont think anyone from the Wesmoreland camp would be talking of a blowout of anyone at this point. I think we need to just win before we talk about blowing someone out. I dont think you will here any talk of a blowout after the way we have played at times this season.

Im telling all of you now Cannon will win by 14, they dont just have a running back, they have a "Complete Team" these boys are solid on defense and offense. This is the year they return to the playoffs. York would have been beat had Cannon not gotten some bad calls. Cannon beat FRA 41 to 13, but refs blew whistle on fake handoff, and the quarter back was 20 yards down the field at that time in the end zone. Goodpasture only beat FRA 42 to 20!

Im telling all of you now Cannon will win by 14, they dont just have a running back, they have a "Complete Team" these boys are solid on defense and offense. This is the year they return to the playoffs. York would have been beat had Cannon not gotten some bad calls. Cannon beat FRA 41 to 13, but refs blew whistle on fake handoff, and the quarter back was 20 yards down the field at that time in the end zone. Goodpasture only beat FRA 42 to 20!

I wouldn't get to hasty let's remember westmorland has a lot of tradition and even though they mite be down, they haven't forgotton how to play or coach. That being said Cannon has looked very good, even people from York said Cannon should have won. Should be an excellent game,but as bad as I hate to im going with westmorland by 7