westmoreland vs cannon county

Gridiron88

Westmoreland will win this game. It is Homecoming. Even though Westmoreland has two losses, the level of competition has been more challenging than the teams Cannon has played. Westmoreland wins this game by 2 - 3 touchdowns.

Ray, I think Westy has the team to pull it off tonight. I dont think CC has the wing defence down as well as they may think. If they cant break the line, it will be a long night once your speed man turns the corner. I think the FB will make a difference in the game also. If westy gets them on their heels it could be a 2-3 TD win. Rock them early.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray, I think Westy has the team to pull it off tonight. I dont think CC has the wing defence down as well as they may think. If they cant break the line, it will be a long night once your speed man turns the corner. I think the FB will make a difference in the game also. If westy gets them on their heels it could be a 2-3 TD win. Rock them early.

Thanks Mo,

I am not ashamed at all of our young team. We are young, we've got the the talent. We are better than people thank we are. Gordonsville is a Senior Dominated team and it shows. Very few teams have the quality of line and QB that Gordonsville has. I think Gordonsville will win it all. I don't think there is a lot of difference in Gordonsville and SC. Both are good. I think if they played again the score would be closer, because Gordonsville has had more time to adjust to their injured players.

Easy loco wooly...like i said, i support the eagles, i just don't believe you should compare teams from different time era's. A true fan should support all the teams past and present instead of putting down one team to make another look better. It makes no since and all it does is stir up trouble

Don't understand the loco wooly comment. Maybe it goes over my head. I was just reading where you would compare your varsity highschool football team to your middle school program. Hope this is just your way of firing your team up. I played against some Westmoreland teams in the past that were very good. I also knew some of the players personally and dont think they would put their former teammates down like you just did unless they were trying a major fire up job. I hope the eagles get back on track this week. I'm always supportive of the Sumner Co. schools except for White House.

Westmoreland 27 Cannon Co. 26. Let me start by saying congradulations for hanging tough eagles. With all the injuries we had tonight and still win in that game shows you guys wanted that win bad. Now, coach Barger and the Cannon Co. Lions are for real. They came to play and refused to leave without a victory. I have never seen a coach turn a program around as much as Cannon Co. has been turned around. Their entire frame of mind has been changed. Next year Cannon will be very dangerous. Shoot,the rest of this year they are dangerous. Young is a very fast and elusive runner and he is only a junior I was told. Good luck the rest of the year to ya'll Barger and the Cannon Co. Lions.

Don't understand the loco wooly comment. Maybe it goes over my head. I was just reading where you would compare your varsity highschool football team to your middle school program. Hope this is just your way of firing your team up. I played against some Westmoreland teams in the past that were very good. I also knew some of the players personally and dont think they would put their former teammates down like you just did unless they were trying a major fire up job. I hope the eagles get back on track this week. I'm always supportive of the Sumner Co. schools except for White House.

Trust me buddy, no outsider is more supportive of westmoreland than i am. I take pride in all Westmoreland teams, past and present.

It sounds like Coach Barger is doing good things with the young lads from Cannon County. I thought Westmoreland would win this game, but figured it to be by 2 or 3 scores. I was off on this one. Congratulations on the win and congrats to Cannon on being a drastically improved ball club.

hey mr living legend where r u at why arent u making your way to york smith county board not really ready to say anything on that im waiting im waiting see y adown that way way to go westmoreland on the victory tonight see u in a couple of weeks...................way to go york dragons on beating them smith county boys

hey mr living legend where r u at why arent u making your way to york smith county board not really ready to say anything on that im waiting im waiting see y adown that way way to go westmoreland on the victory tonight see u in a couple of weeks...................way to go york dragons on beating them smith county boys

York gets all the credit in that game. York goes 10-0 this year, sorry Westy fans.

Westmoreland 27 Cannon Co. 26. Let me start by saying congradulations for hanging tough eagles. With all the injuries we had tonight and still win in that game shows you guys wanted that win bad. Now, coach Barger and the Cannon Co. Lions are for real. They came to play and refused to leave without a victory. I have never seen a coach turn a program around as much as Cannon Co. has been turned around. Their entire frame of mind has been changed. Next year Cannon will be very dangerous. Shoot,the rest of this year they are dangerous. Young is a very fast and elusive runner and he is only a junior I was told. Good luck the rest of the year to ya'll Barger and the Cannon Co. Lions.

Hey Stampus and Singer.....sounds like a hard fought battle and a good win for ya'll tonight. I remember something about York never beating MOland. I here to tell you...the MOUNTAIN MEN are the real deal this year. Beat us in every aspect of the game. We helped them some but no excusses. Sounds like CC is trying to make some noise too. You got any reciepes you can share? I trying a little crockpot crow myself. Thought I would try a little something different. (Never developed much of taste for the stuff). Might wash it down with a little MOUNTAIN Dew. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Anyway........cann't win em all. (unless your Maryville)

Cannon Co. turned out to be better than I thought they were, but they're not dangerous by any means. Westmoreland give them every opportuntiy in the world to win and they make one good play and two bad. But anyways, clad the eagles were able to pull it out on homecoming. Congrats to Cannon Co. as well on the improvement.

Cannon had every chance in the world to win this game, but they just didn't make smart decisions at the end. However that was a big statement that they are no longer just a push-over team in this region