Brentwood @ Ravenwood

RHSRaptor08

i don't see the competition this year... brentwood is nothing short of awful and the ravenwood team seems to be improving and with a week off they should come in fresh and shut down the bruins on the home fields. RHS 21BHS 0

If Brentwood is awful what would that make Ravenwood? Not very smart coming on here talking trash with a team that can't back you up.

I'm a previously close observer of the program from times past and have been saddened by the results to-date but I observed practice this week for the first time so I don't have anything to compare to for this year. What I did see was a focused team that was working very hard to improve. I saw some excellent leadership emerging that may have been lacking this year and I expect it to carry over to the game this week. I predict you will see Ron Crawford's stamp all over this team this week and they will play with more discipline and fire than they have shown thus far. Good Luck Bruins....Make us old Bruins proud!

Great and insightful post you nailed it Way to go Bruins you made us proud. We still are "The Brentwood team"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game tonight by both teams, especially on the defensive side. I don't believe anyone expected Brentwood to come out like they did with Krow lining up at QB. Brentwood comes out on top by a score of 7-6 after Ravenwood led at halftime with two Lopez field goals 6-0. Neither team lit up the scoreboard in the 3rd quarter, but with three minutes left it was an AJ Krow to Chase Lyle connection with an Andrew Coley PAT to put Brentwood up 7-6 and keep the Wood at "THE" Brentwood High School.

And now, a message to all Bruins and Raptors, especially current and future students of both schools. This week as you may know there were acts of vandalism committed by each school on the other school's property. It started with some Ravenwood students spray-painting the paw prints on Murray Lane black and red, and it continued with Brentwood students spray-painting the black tarp-like material on the fence surrounding Ravenwood's field, as well as a message on the parking lot (something to the effect of "Brentwood Owns"). As a senior at BHS, I don't condone the acts that my fellow students have done. My message to students at both schools is to not let this happen again. All of you live in one of the nicest communities in America, and all of you were raised better than that. Keep this rivalry pure and untarnished by juvenile acts such as these. Please, for the sake and betterment of this great rivalry, let's support our respective teams in positive ways, and not in destructive ways.

It will be interesting to see how the playing time is divided tonight at QB for the Bruins between senior Drew Fancher and sophomore Jordan Evans. Last week at Blackman, Drew started and played the first drive, threw a pick, and did not play the rest of the game. Fancher has started all 3 games for the Bruins, but Evans has gotten increasingly more time in all 3. Don't be surprised to see Evans starting tonight for the Bruins. The coaches like Fancher because of his outstanding leadership ability, but when it comes down to who has the better arm and who can make big things happen, it is Evans hands-down. You can take it to the bank that Evans will get a college football scholarship, joining the likes of Bill Whittemore ('00 Kansas), Matt Henshaw ('01 FSU), Austen Everson ('03, Ohio U), Thomas Welch ('05 Vanderbilt), and McCurdy ('06 Naval Academy).

Brentwood 14

Ravenwood 10

You forgot Brentwood's first QB, David Armstrong ('84 WKU). Any other Brentwood QB's besides the ones mentioned play college?

Jaron is a true freshman at UT Chattanooga, where he's playing defensive end. He's seen some playing time, logging a handful of tackles so far this year.

TYA papabear Great to hear about Jaron, he is fine young man. Clarksville high sure was sad to see him move. I will bookmark the UTC site so i can keep up with him. Your game must have been d on d they can be nail biters. Way to pull it out Bruins.

i don't see the competition this year... brentwood is nothing short of awful and the ravenwood team seems to be improving and with a week off they should come in fresh and shut down the bruins on the home fields.

RHS 21

BHS 0

OUCH!!! its gotta sting extra bad getting beat by an "awful" team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Glad to see the "young" Bruins step it up Friday night. Nothing like getting your first W at the expense of your biggest rival. Take this victory and build on it. I can't wait to stop by practice again and see how excited you guys are. A real confidence-builder. Good luck against Siegel on Friday.

Once again, the Wood trophy will stay where it all started- on Murray Lane.

Glad to see the "young" Bruins step it up Friday night. Nothing like getting your first W at the expense of your biggest rival. Take this victory and build on it. I can't wait to stop by practice again and see how excited you guys are. A real confidence-builder. Good luck against Siegel on Friday.

Once again, the Wood trophy will stay where it all started- on Murray Lane.

ftt2....I guess us stopping by practice didn't hurt them too badly. I assume you are in God's Country. Tell the "boys" hello. For Rapwood....If you have a sincere desire to share your son's life and are there to support no good coach has a problem with parents visiting practice. If they are paranoid or if the parent thinks they have the right to be critical then it changes. The key is supporting while keeping your mouth shut.

It was good to come home home this weekend and witness the new generation of bruins showing what grit and determination they had. Don't let anyone tell you what you're worth, don't let anyone tell you what you'll do or not do. If you can recall, my freshman year we went 1-7, BUT we kept the unbeaten streak against centennial alive. Then again last year most said we wouldn't amount to anything, BUT we kept the 10 years of playoffs streak alive. Keep fighting hard out there at practice and never turn your backs on one another.

God bless, go bruins!

AC '07