DYERSBURG VRS obion central

trojanfan56

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

momismad this is Paul Decker. I'm sure you are probably not a mom, just someone trying to get underneath my skin. Kids in Obion County know how I feel about them. But if you have some kind of problem with me quit hiding behind your screen name and come see me. I still live behind Troy First Baptist church, where I go every Sunday. Why don't you come with me this Sunday. I would love for you to sit in the Sunday School class I teach. the invitation is open. I will even take you out for lunch after church. The Olympia has a great sunday buffet!

I'm glad you responded to this because I was going to......

In my years,which were 4,of watching Obion Central I saw NOBODY more Red,White and Blue than Paul Decker...This guy played balls to the wall for the Rebels in his playing days...This guy coached my oldest son for his four years at OC and he also coached my youngest son for a couple of years in travel baseball.....I got to know him and enjoyed my time that I spent with him.....He is one of only two or three people I would trust raising my kids if, God forbid,something happened to me and I mean that....I know that playing the Rebels last Friday night in Troy had to be awkward and bittersweet for Paul and his family..I imagine deep down he might have been upset about not even getting a chance at the head coaching position at OC but that was all politics and alot of the reason left after only one year as principal....Paul would have made a great head coach at his alma mater and I know he would have done anything to build on the good things that Coach Bowling was building......And as for Darren,who can blame a guy that had an opportunity to better himself monetarily??...Isn't that why we all work??..To be able to better support our families....Maybe the folks at OC should have stepped up and paid Darren what he was worth.....I can pretty much bet that Paul did not make any comment about not being worried about the Rebels because they stink.....As a coach that would be pretty STUPID and Paul is not a stupid man......The shot you(momismad)took at Paul was a cheap one,it was a shot you also took at his wife and his kids as well.....Who are you to question a person's Christianity anyway???...Remember don't throw stones in a glass house and don't judge less you be judged.....I have been on CoachT a pretty good while and I've seen some low-class posts but this one ranks pretty high.......

Now trojanfan56.....I don't know what your problem is either.....Why would you call a group of 14 and 15 year old kids "born losers"???...By the way you can't even spell the word loser....LOL.....What benefit to you would be calling those kids that??.....The last four years you have dogged the OC program to a point of hatred.....Listen,I went to and played for Union City and OC was always our big rivalry and I didn't hate them as much as you seem to.....To be quite honest I don't see that same talk when you guys play Crockett County,Haywood,Covington,Ripley or Dyer County,who should be your most heated rival.....I know all Trojan fans are not like you but you sure do put a bad light on everyone who cheers for the Black and Gold.....

This message was paid for by Purple & Gold Standard,who by the way is not hiding behind a screename....Kenny Weaks.....Proud Dad of Steven Weaks(3 year starter at OCCHS Class of 07) & Shawn Weaks (freshman at Union City High School Class of 11)....

HOLLA AT YA BOY!!!!!!

I'm glad you responded to this because I was going to......In my years,which were 4,of watching Obion Central I saw NOBODY more Red,White and Blue than Paul Decker...This guy played balls to the wall for the Rebels in his playing days...This guy coached my oldest son for his four years at OC and he also coached my youngest son for a couple of years in travel baseball.....I got to know him and enjoyed my time that I spent with him.....He is one of only two or three people I would trust raising my kids if, God forbid,something happened to me and I mean that....I know that playing the Rebels last Friday night in Troy had to be awkward and bittersweet for Paul and his family..I imagine deep down he might have been upset about not even getting a chance at the head coaching position at OC but that was all politics and alot of the reason left after only one year as principal....Paul would have made a great head coach at his alma mater and I know he would have done anything to build on the good things that Coach Bowling was building......And as for Darren,who can blame a guy that had an opportunity to better himself monetarily??...Isn't that why we all work??..To be able to better support our families....Maybe the folks at OC should have stepped up and paid Darren what he was worth.....I can pretty much bet that Paul did not make any comment about not being worried about the Rebels because they stink.....As a coach that would be pretty STUPID and Paul is not a stupid man......The shot you(momismad)took at Paul was a cheap one,it was a shot you also took at his wife and his kids as well.....Who are you to question a person's Christianity anyway???...Remember don't throw stones in a glass house and don't judge less you be judged.....I have been on CoachT a pretty good while and I've seen some low-class posts but this one ranks pretty high.......Now trojanfan56.....I don't know what your problem is either.....Why would you call a group of 14 and 15 year old kids "born losers"???...By the way you can't even spell the word loser....LOL.....What benefit to you would be calling those kids that??.....The last four years you have dogged the OC program to a point of hatred.....Listen,I went to and played for Union City and OC was always our big rivalry and I didn't hate them as much as you seem to.....To be quite honest I don't see that same talk when you guys play Crockett County,Haywood,Covington,Ripley or Dyer County,who should be your most heated rival.....I know all Trojan fans are not like you but you sure do put a bad light on everyone who cheers for the Black and Gold.....This message was paid for by Purple & Gold Standard,who by the way is not hiding behind a screename....Kenny Weaks.....Proud Dad of Steven Weaks(3 year starter at OCCHS Class of 07) & Shawn Weaks (freshman at Union City High School Class of 11)....HOLLA AT YA BOY!!!!!!

well said.......yall want to move to dyersburg? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> we good some good schools around here

quit spying on me augielio....i see you hiding in the room

Now trojanfan56.....I don't know what your problem is either......I know all Trojan fans are not like you but you sure do put a bad light on everyone who cheers for the Black and Gold.....

*sigh* I'm a Trojan fan. You are correct in thinking that not all of us are as crass as trojanfan56. I really do wish that he/she would stop and think before typing. Or, if nothing else, use a spellcheck or something.

Are you sure that Driggers "fired" these guys? From my understanding, Decker quit because he didn't get the head coaching position at Central and the others were recruited by Bowlin and resigned. Worth checking into. By the way, I understand from a student in one of Coach Decker's classes that he told the kids that Dyersburg's football team didn't have to worry about Obion County Central because they "stink".... what a good influence on our kids, huh? why such resentment, Paul??? didn't get what you wanted at central so you're going to hurt the boys for it? grow up, would you?? and you call yourself a Christian???? how hypocritical!!

As for coach driggers - give the guy a chance!! he didn't have much to work with after bowlin destroyed obion county football before he left, did he?? he knew before last season began that he was looking for something else, in fact, dyersburg offered him the job prior to last season and he turned it down and then told his last year's seniors that they needed to get out there and win for him to show dyersburg that he didn't make the wrong choice - but where is he now?? his interview in the messenger said he didn't "find the memo" about scheduling games until after everyone else had already scheduled their season - and he thinks we are just stupid enough to believe this crap? he already knew he was going to dyersburg - he didn't care about our boys anymore after the last game - they didn't even lift weights after the end of the season last year like they had in previous years under his direction - sooooo i think it is quite obvious that he really put it to obion county football and yes, fans, it was intentional!!

As for Logan Parker - you couldn't ask for a better kid!! I just hope bowlin didn't blow smoke in his direction and then leave him hanging in the end!! Seems to be his style, though!

Oh what a tangled web you weave. DHS did not offer Bowling anything till Counce left for personal reasons, all due to his health and his losing his wife to cancer after 2006 season end. One never knows reasons why all troubles have taken place in the OC since Bowling leaving . Why would Counce leave DHS with all the talent he had,coupled with his wisdom of football . He most certainly is what anyone would call/say "Coach" with all Admiration and Respect. Good luck and Health to you Coach Counce in Big Red Country. GO TROJANS> One Game At A Time, STAY FOCUSED,Discipline AT ALL TIMES,as you have been taught during your years at DHS .

The Game is Over!

OC needs to focus on Union City!

It maybe the only chance for a win this season.

For the many past years, I have been a volunteer staff member for many different

head coaches in many different sports. One thing that never changes is that the new

head coach choose his own staff and those he wishes to be a part of his program.

I can only speak for my own self, not for others.

This year Coach Driggers did not want me on his staff nor did he desire that I be a part

of the new football program in any way (period). Did not in any way include attending

football games as a fan for oc. The possibilty of me serving as a scout for other teams?

Should I have left the game behind me, no! I enjoy high school football to much!

Do I deserve the term "TRADER" which I heard several times last week?

I deserve to watch high school football games if I wish or to volunteer my skills where

they are needed. Coach Driggers does not control that, but he does control the program at oc.

I am disappointed in some of my friend's including those who have posted here.

Im sure that if you asked and the truth was told. Neither Coach Decker or Coach Gamblin would

have been on the football staff if they would have stayed as teachers. In fact that was decieded in

the spring. For John Hart, ask him about the coaches meetings that went late into the night after

long time-out sessions of playing Madden 2007 on the projector in the film room. I do not blame

him for quitting.

At last, my final comment. Paul and Rich are my friends, they still live in obion county, still worship

God in obion county, still have family and friends in obion county. Please lay off these two coaches

as well as coach bowling, they still care deeply about the kids at obion central. They are just working

in a job that pays a great deal more money.

Coach Driggers is a fine coach and has a good staff of coaches. Give them time to develop

the program and they will win.

Maybe, I want have to ask another good friend, Jim, to please close this thread!!!!

PD, this is RP. I got your back here from all the way down in Jax, TN. I'll vouch for you too bud. As for momismad, isn't that what the major problem is at OCCHS.......parents?? How many more good coaches ya'll going to run off before there are none left? Let the coaches coach, give them the utmost support to build and maintain a program and stay out of their business!! That goes for football, basketball, etc. Paul, I'll see ya next Sat night at our 25th Reunion. Good luck with the new job!

momismad this is Paul Decker. I'm sure you are probably not a mom, just someone trying to get underneath my skin. Kids in Obion County know how I feel about them. But if you have some kind of problem with me quit hiding behind your screen name and come see me. I still live behind Troy First Baptist church, where I go every Sunday. Why don't you come with me this Sunday. I would love for you to sit in the Sunday School class I teach. the invitation is open. I will even take you out for lunch after church. The Olympia has a great sunday buffet!

PD, this is RP. I got your back here from all the way down in Jax, TN. I'll vouch for you too bud. As for momismad, isn't that what the major problem is at OCCHS.......parents?? How many more good coaches ya'll going to run off before there are none left? Let the coaches coach, give them the utmost support to build and maintain a program and stay out of their business!! That goes for football, basketball, etc. Paul, I'll see ya next Sat night at our 25th Reunion. Good luck with the new job!

RP? THE RP FROM EBENEZER?

IF YES, IT SEEMS THAT YOUR DAUGHTER HAS BECOME A GOOD VOLLEYBALL AT USJ.

SHE MUST OF GOT THE TALENT FROM HER MOTHER, ANOTHER GOOD V'BALL STAR.

I MUST CALL RUE FOR DETAILS AND YOUR EMAIL.

PG

My son has played under Coaches Bowling, Decker, Lester, Gamblin, and now Driggers. I have read these post and can say that my son among others are doing just fine, enjoying there Senior seasons and not dwelling on, what might have been. This whole thing is about the kids (not Parents)and what they think, sure it was a change, but life is all about changes and how you deal with them. I wish the best for all coaches involved and just wish that people had more to worry about than bad mouthing someone for moving on to better themself. It takes a special breed to coach kids in any sport and I respect anyone who takes the challenge whether it be from coaching flag or college lacrosse. Coaches, thanks for the memories and helping my son become the young man that he is, always know you have a friend in Obion County.

Go Rebels

Paul,

This is Johnny Craddock, let this bunch of junk on here run off of you like water on a ducks back. I think I have told you in the past couple of years how much I appreciated what you done for Matt as a coach. You and your family will always be welcome at the Craddock house! P.S. I do a little sunday school teaching myself down at Reelfoot Baptist, may GOD bless you and your family!