USJ vs. Dresden

VOLSfan11

SAILAWAY...UMM AS DRESDENS COACHES, PLAYERS, FANS, AND SCHOOL ARE ALREADY AWARE OF THIS IS AND IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO BE A LONG SEASON FOR THEM... AND I AM ASSUMING YOUR EXPERTISE IN SO MANY AREAS WOULD PROVOKE YOU TO ATTACK KIDS THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY GIVING EVERYTHING THEY HAVE... DRESDEN IS YOUNG, HURT AND UNDER A NEW HEAD COACH THAT WILL!!!! TURN THIS PROGRAM AROUND, BUT IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME... SO MAYBE SAILAWAY AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO RAG ON DRESDEN ON CONTINUE TO DEMEAN AND ATTACK THESE KIDS!!! SHOULD STOP AND THINK ABOUT THEIR KIDS OR GRANDKIDS THAT WOULD BE PLAYING, AND INSTEAD OF PUTTING THEM DOWN TELL THEM TO KEEP THEIR HEAD UP AND KEEP WORKING AND TRYING THEIR BEST!!!

AND IN REGARDS TO OUR QB SITUATION... UM SAILAWAY HE IS A 14 YEAR OLD FRESHMAN!!!! (AND HE IS THE BEST OPTION DRESDEN HAS AT QB, SO IM SURE IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE BETTER DRESDEN COULD PUT IN IM SURE THE COACHES WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU... OH YEA, YOUR NOT A COACH....) WITH NO HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE THAT HAS BEEN THROWN INTO A SITUATION, THAT HAS BEEN VERY CHALLENING FOR HIM AS WELL AS THE WHOLE TEAM, WE HAVE LOST ALOT OF BIG PLAYERS ON OUR TEAM THIS SEASON, SO LETS GIVE THEM SOME ENCOURGEMENT... IN HOPES FOR BETTER GAMES... AND NO MORE INJURIES... THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT "SAILAWAY" ON DRESDENS SITUATION, BUT THEY DONT NEED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TO TELL THEM OF THEIR STRUGGLES... I GUESS I JUST WANTED TO SAY COMMENT ON THE PROGRAM OR WHAT YOU "OBSERVE" EACH WEEK BUT LETS NOT ATTACK "KIDS"

Where have you been for the last two years while USJ was down and folks from this region were constantly putting them down? I totally agree with your post.

Maybe you should speak up about the Dresden player getting on here and putting down USJ.

ok i happen to be one of the 6 or 7 sophmore and freshmen starters and if i recall doesnt usj pay people to come to their school arent they just little rich boys that are spoiled to death and have everything handed to them?????? oh my bad i must be mistaken them for someone else. we have a freshmen QB. 2 sophmores not over 200 punds on the line. 3 seniors, 2 of them playing hurt. rb has a broke arm. wr torn acl. sophmore linebackers. sohpmore runningbacks. freshmen db's. you fuigure it up give us a couple of years and keep talking usj, can keep playing their recruits.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i happen to be one of the 6 or 7 sophmore and freshmen starters and if i recall doesnt usj pay people to come to their school arent they just little rich boys that are spoiled to death and have everything handed to them?????? oh my bad i must be mistaken them for someone else. we have a freshmen QB. 2 sophmores not over 200 punds on the line. 3 seniors, 2 of them playing hurt. rb has a broke arm. wr torn acl. sophmore linebackers. sohpmore runningbacks. freshmen db's. you fuigure it up give us a couple of years and keep talking usj, can keep playing their recruits.

Know before you post....USJ doesn't pay people to come to their school....that would be DII school. USJ players pay to attend and play for the school, big difference. They are not all a bunch of spoiled rich boys who have everything handed to them obviously you are not well informed, just repeating gossip. As for size, Dresden had USJ out weighed in all classes of size no matter what position. I don't even think USJ has a kid over 200 lbs period. I know the majority of the line is around 165 lbs. And did you know a lot of their starters are sophmores too. So things are tuff right now, keep your head up but don't whine.

wow, as a frequent coachT board reader and as a USJ football player, i have to say this might be the most ignorant and least thought out thing i have ever heard on coachT. FIRST OFF, USJ HAS NEVER PAID PPL TO COME TO THERE SCHOOL - otherwise we would be DII!! at USJ we make do with what we have which is typically undersized kids, we just are good at the fundamentals of the game and we play are hearts out wk in and wk out! we are not spoiled little rich boys (well most of us arent anyways, but every school has their batch of rich kids) and we work ridiculously hard for success on and off the field - nothing is ever handed to us. in regard to the size issue, well dresden was much bigger than us. oh and we have a very talented sophomore class so we'll see how things go in a couple of yrs!!

Are you implying something?

I think he was being sarcastic. You know as well as I do that when a kid from say Milan decides to attend a private school in Jackson, the private school is accused of recruiting. It`d be nice when people can get over the fact that no school has rights to any kid. They choose where they want to go to school. It`s like Brent Hanson. He moved to Milan because that`s where he decided to go to school. It was his choice and no one should accuse Milan of recruiting him unless they have some awfully good facts to back it up.Likewise, when a kid from out of town decides to travel to Jackson to attend a private school it was a choice.

It`s just high school football and all these accusatory tales should stop and everyone should just sit back and enjoy Friday nights.

Ok this thread is about USJ and Dresden, not public vs private or who recruits or who doesnt recruit. But if this was you can be certain USJ isn't recruiting. Assuming they were don't you think they'd be making a little more noise than what they are(no offense meant towards USJ but just telling facts). Besides right now both these teams are down, Dresden due to young team and many injuries USJ is mostly young team and size disadvantage from what I've heard. But it doesn't matter cause booth these teams are looking to their futures and rightfully should be.

With th addition of Coach Knott the Dresden Lions will return to be known as a good football in a few years. USJ isn't a bad team, remember they've only been 2a for two years now so they obviously have some catching up to do in respect to player size and strength. In a few years these two teams will be good teams as they used to be, everyone just needs to give it time. To those who are saying either team stinks or is horrible lay off these kids backs, give them support to keep playing week by week and to continue to improve their program. Good Luck to both these young teams keep working hard guys, Good Luck on the rest of the season.

I think he was being sarcastic. You know as well as I do that when a kid from say Milan decides to attend a private school in Jackson, the private school is accused of recruiting. It`d be nice when people can get over the fact that no school has rights to any kid. They choose where they want to go to school. It`s like Brent Hanson. He moved to Milan because that`s where he decided to go to school. It was his choice and no one should accuse Milan of recruiting him unless they have some awfully good facts to back it up.Likewise, when a kid from out of town decides to travel to Jackson to attend a private school it was a choice.

It`s just high school football and all these accusatory tales should stop and everyone should just sit back and enjoy Friday nights.

I agree.

Your right VG, I was being sarcastic. Privates are always accused of recruiting but when a public schools have players transfer in it's no big deal. Everyone will maybe someday realize that parents send their child to the school that they think best fits their needs. Cases in point is that approx. 120 students left JCM this year to other Jackson Schools(mostly North Side). Brent Hanson left USJ to Milan, the Qb from Dresden to Milan, Matt Hudson to JCS etc....

From what I have seen, both Dresden and USJ did not need to loose players of this caliber but these parent made a choice in the best interest of their child.