South Doyle verse Clinton

hsfootballfan777

Where should i start with this game.......Well South Doyle came out playing hard scored 27 before clinton finally got on the board.........Then again clinton came charging cutting the lead in half......South doyle added a drive before half but the coach Hutchings decided to not call a timeout and let the clock run out.......What a mistake........I told everyone around me that would cost them the game and well, it did.......The Cherokees came out of the locker room, well i don't think the kees did and boy did clinton take over........If anyone has seen the south doyle team u would know to pass on this team and u can burn them every time as the kees line up for bump and run everytime.........So once the dragons figured it out,clinton wore out the south doyle big line and marched back within two points.....I guess the defensive cord. for clinton caught on to the three plays the cherokess run.......Both teams played hard, one team seemed to want it more, or did they?The kees were out coached tonight,just like any other south doyle team.....When u have Clark Duncan around u would think he would want a solid football team, but he is yet to produce since coming from Powell.........Maybe one day He will figure it out to go get a Scott Meadows type coach who can come in and build a strong program.........My final words are South Doyle keep your head up, good job clinton for never quting,and to u Mr. Hutchins go find another line of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South doyle added a drive before half but the coach Hutchings decided to not call a timeout and let the clock run out.......What a mistake

South Doyle was out of time outs , but called one any way and brought team to sideline , then found out they were out of timeouts, and time ran out while they were rushing back onto field.

I think the coaching staff at SD are doing a good job. Sure this lose hurts. SD should of won. But they are far more competitive this year than in years past. I know we all want more "W's" but I see them being a far better team than when this coaching staff took over. Compare the coaches 1st year to this year. Which team plays with more heart? Which team plays better? Which team expects to win when they hit the field? To me, that's just as important as the "W's".

I think the coaching staff at SD are doing a good job. Sure this lose hurts. SD should of won. But they are far more competitive this year than in years past. I know we all want more "W's" but I see them being a far better team than when this coaching staff took over. Compare the coaches 1st year to this year. Which team plays with more heart? Which team plays better? Which team expects to win when they hit the field? To me, that's just as important as the "W's".

Against Seymour the defense looked alot stronger, tonight they seem not to be able to contain the corners when the backs ran to the outside. What happened to the 43 kid for SD, he lit it up against Seymour but rarely had playing time against Clinton, On Prep Xtra it said he had 16 tackles last Friday, but tonight only seen about 3 or 4 plays, Was he injured?

Congrats to the whole Clinton TEAM. I think this is the first back-to-back wins in almost 7 years. The Clinton team never gave even being down 27 points at one point. I think the coaches figured out that they don't have to throw 80% of the time to win. Nice to see players who havent' made plays this year produce. Great call on the goal line to win the game, I thought Hazelhurst was going to get his 5th TD of the game, great call to throw to the fullback in the flat.

Yes, he ws hurt. I saw him on the sideline with the trainer. Don't know what happened. Calf or leg problems.

That was a shame, he seemed to play pretty well, I seen SD had alot of injuries tonight. They will need 43 down the stretch to help slow up the run and 8 that was injured in the 1st half seem to fly he is also a big loss hope to see them next week, I dont think we should count SD out yet they seem to fight harder this year than I have seen in a long time. Good luck Kees

The person that started this thread sounds like the typical UT fan.

These are HS kids. I repeat - KIDS!!!!! These aren't elite athletes being recruited from all around the country expected to give their team a win week in and week out and a #1 national ranking. Instead, they are KIDS playing their hearts out for their respective schools. It's called PRIDE, TRADITION and LOVE OF THE GAME.

Next week, while you are still bad-mouthing the coaching staff and bemoaning the loss, these same KIDS will be back on the practice field preparing for their next game. Where will you be???

I'm not a South Doyle or Clinton fan....I cheer for the Central Bobcats. But it's comments like yours that detract from the fun, simple, and pure enjoyment of High School sports, especially when you start criticizing the KIDS.

How would you like it if somebody logged onto a message board and could anonymously criticize you anytime they wanted to?

The person that started this thread sounds like the typical UT fan.

These are HS kids. I repeat - KIDS!!!!! These aren't elite athletes being recruited from all around the country expected to give their team a win week in and week out and a #1 national ranking. Instead, they are KIDS playing their hearts out for their respective schools. It's called PRIDE, TRADITION and LOVE OF THE GAME.

Next week, while you are still bad-mouthing the coaching staff and bemoaning the loss, these same KIDS will be back on the practice field preparing for their next game. Where will you be???

I'm not a South Doyle or Clinton fan....I cheer for the Central Bobcats. But it's comments like yours that detract from the fun, simple, and pure enjoyment of High School sports, especially when you start criticizing the KIDS.

How would you like it if somebody logged onto a message board and could anonymously criticize you anytime they wanted to?

I dont think this person was trying to say anything bad about the kids, read it again. Its easy for you looking in to think that. Here is the deal South Doyle isnt like Central, Maryville, Powell,Alcoa, we dont recruite players we play with what we have. Now for the coach he needs to go he has had a chance he hasnt made any progress.When you let a team come back on you as last night thats a shame. He had some chances to seal the deal and made some bad coaching descions. For instance the debackule at end of 2nd qtr! The decsion end of 4th qtr instead of running the clock out to hand the ball off instead of let #7 keep the ball. I think Mr.Duncan needs to make a move, or the people of South Doyle need to start calling and makin there voice heard or this program will never change. Go kees!