Tyner Rams vs SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

Good deal, thanks for the info. Awesome that you guys know all of that about your team.

If I was a player there is no doubt at this point in time if I lived in that area I would want to play for South Pittsburg, and back in the early to mid 90's I would have wanted to go to Marion.

Is Whitwell the 3rd school in that zone?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good deal, thanks for the info. Awesome that you guys know all of that about your team.

If I was a player there is no doubt at this point in time if I lived in that area I would want to play for South Pittsburg, and back in the early to mid 90's I would have wanted to go to Marion.

Is Whitwell the 3rd school in that zone?

Yes, Whitwell is the third school in Marion county

...Here is something for you to remember...the Defending 3A State Champion Fulton only had 103 total rushing yards...4A Brainerd only had 148 total rushing...both teams had the 'speed' and 'size'...this game will be controlled on the line of scrimmage...we will see how S. Pitt is holding up in the 3rd and 4th quarters after blocking those "RAM" lineman all night long!!! This is a game when the starters will have to play for the entire 48 minutes!!!

I totally understand, however, I don't think you will ever meet a more "in shape" team than SP. Since it is such a small school, Vic and the coaches work extra hard on keeping the few they have in shape. You will see that R. Robinson gets better in the 4th quarter than in the previous 3 quarters. I praise him more than anyone, not because he is a great player, but because I have watched him mature in his 4 years and has become a man among boys. He would get frustrated and not perform. Now, if he gets frustrated.... WATCH OUT! I still stand by my prediction.

I totally understand, however, I don't think you will ever meet a more "in shape" team than SP. Since it is such a small school, Vic and the coaches work extra hard on keeping the few they have in shape. You will see that R. Robinson gets better in the 4th quarter than in the previous 3 quarters. I praise him more than anyone, not because he is a great player, but because I have watched him mature in his 4 years and has become a man among boys. He would get frustrated and not perform. Now, if he gets frustrated.... WATCH OUT! I still stand by my prediction.

...And I stand by mine...SP has not seen or played a team with Tyner's size or speed in 2006 or 2007...you can't duplicate it in practice and you can't prepare for it by looking at tapes...the Pirates are going to witness up close and personal a team that on paper is 2A but "hits" and plays much bigger!!!

...I'm through talking...see you tomorrow night...I hope and pray that everyone has traveling grace and mercy granted by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!!!

I don't remember jerking your chain sp dude... I was replying to something that another poster had said... You are correct... SPitt plays Tyner tomorrow night and I have already made my predictions...

PG...I think they "live" at both places and they started at SP and always have gone to SP. It doesn't bother me either way. I was just trying to answer the question

...And I stand by mine...SP has not seen or played a team with Tyner's size or speed in 2006 or 2007...you can't duplicate it in practice and you can't prepare for it by looking at tapes...the Pirates are going to witness up close and personal a team that on paper is 2A but "hits" and plays much bigger!!

You may be right about not facing another team but just like Tyner but we are pretty deep in a lot of spots and our second teamers are fast too which makes practice a little more realistic speedwise than some of our games. I think you will see that we also hit and play much bigger than 1A. I'm not sure you have faced a team quite like SP either (not talking better but different). We both play a similar offense and do some things defensively that mirror. It may be that practice has been the best place for both of us to prepare for each other. It should be a really good game for both teams

BTW, South Pittsburg's JR High (6-0) defeated Bledsoe MS (5-1) 22-0 at Bledsoe. We face them again in the SVC Championship game on 10/29 at Bledsoe. This season we have now scored 212 points while allowing 6 points and for the last 3 seasons we are 22-1.

I am ready for this game. These young lads will put on a show tomorrow night. I will be looking for Al again. Al, I will have on my Auburn attire, look me up.

Big Al will be there and looking for that Auburn hat. I have rethought arriving in the limo though. No way those two parking attendants are getting close to my limo.

I just cant wait until tomorrow night. Thanks again to both coaches for making this dream game happen. I expect quite a show too. Ive noticed your posts lean toward the vanilla side, good game, toss up and things like that. i still see the priates pulling away in the last quarter and winning by 2 tds. If we win in triple ot by 1 i wont be disappointed though. Good luck to both teams. A whole lotta eyes are going to be looking at this game tomorrow. No doubt theres going to be some bone jarring hitting by both teams going on. I hope players on both teams realize this up front and keep there emotions in check.