TCA V.S. JCS

tcafootball30

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hitting the mute button....but he just keeps talking. Isn't great how we can all be good CHRISTIAN friends. I know that all TCA people aren't this annoying...can we hear from some of those people that aren't nearly as annoying. In the words of a JCS teacher...let them play it out on the field

Heres one! This person whoever it is, I'm not assuming any person to blame, or pointing fingers, is just trying to stir up trouble and make this game into more of a vendetta against either school. I know alot of the TCA players, and they dont have that mentality toward this game. Please dont draw conclusions on all the family at TCA based on one persons immature comments.

JCSEagleXC,

as I said earlier on this thread...whoever lionfootball is he is not representative of the classy TCA players and fans I know...he is best ignored...none of us can control how others post on this board only ourselves...I have used these boards for many years and found most posters are fans who love the game and want to talk about it...I love to hear analysis of who posters think will win and why...I love rivalry that is based on respect...anytime a poster as the one you are quoting uses terms like pitiful and horrible, it is evident to me they are merely posting to get a reaction...so the best course of action is to simply ignore them...it has been my experince when you do they lose interest and go away leaving the board for respectful fans who want to talk football

I agree KingoftheJungle...the TCA players, fans and supporters I know are classy and show great sportsmanship...I do not think for a moment that any TCA player is behind this...who knows who it is...I for one don't care...Friday nights game is huge...it is two great teams...it has local bragging rights for a year...but regardless of the outcome I think the two schools will leave with respect for the other...

Yes, Jackson High won two state championship back in like the 30's. It is like Alabama saying they have 12 National Championships. They just leave out the fact that they won half of those before they even had a championship game.

They`ve only had a championship game in college football for less than 10 years. Until then you won a championship by vote. Generally it was the UPI and AP polls that determined National champions. There are other polls that were around that schools also used to stake a claim as National Champion.

But since we are talking about the TSSAA claiming Jackson High as state champions (does it really matter what year it was?) then I believe it`s pretty legit.

This is going to be one whale of a ball game. I am privilaged that I will be able to participate in it in a small way. TCA is a very talented team with a very balanced offense. They are averaging almost 314 yards of offense per game. (206 ground, 107 air). Their defense is giving up about 272 yards per game (116 on the ground and 156 in the air). We all know what JCS is capable of through the air. The ground game is also starting to round into form. Adding the speedy Blake Taylor to the backfield gives JCS a dimension that they were missing earlier in the year. Both teams QB's can get it done through the air or with their own two feet if they have too. Both teams have a very talented group of receivers. The kicking game is solid for both teams.

TCA has a talented group of linemen. While the linemen from JCS were maligned after the Fayette Acadamy game, you can see the drastic improvement with each game that they have played. TCA is the more heavily penalized of the two teams. The Lions average 6.75 penalties per game for an average of almost 64 yards per game. JCS is only averaging about 4.25 penalties per game at a shade over 36 yards per game. This could be a possible deciding factor, especially the timing of those penalties. Overall, I also believe that JCS has more depth than TCA. If there are any key injuries in the game, I think that JCS has a more in the tank so to speak. To date, I would also say that JCS has played the tougher schedule of the two teams.

This game will be played at JCS in front of a standing room only crowd. It has all of the makings of a classic game. It is going to be a dandy.

The question was asked earlier and not answered, though ReitzFan may have just answered, but is Matt Hudson back in action? I read he was injured in the GC game and sat out the 2nd half. Or maybe he just sat out and I assumed the injury. So is he at 100%? That could be a big factor in this game.

The back-up QB came in and led an impressive march down the field and scored again with a long pass, so don't think that an injured Matt will shut-down the JCS offense. Matt is a great QB, but there is depth at this position, as with others.

Depth of the game will come into play as stated by Reitzfan. JCS has always been a very physical team. They are known for how physical they can be; i.e. they have played well against many teams who have out-sized them.

Now, why can't we be friends? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> No need to argue folks. We are all mature here.

Looking forward to this game. It's going to be a good one. Good luck to both teams, hope that all are safe from injury, and that no one gets too hotheaded out there on the grass. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ok im not for either of the two teams! never have been but from what i see LIONFOOTBALL or whatever i think your gettin a little ahead of yourself....iv seen both teams play for myself this year and i think it if hudson doesnt play it could be a lot closer game than it should be. but i havent heard if hudson will play or not but either way JCS will come out on top in my opinion. TCA has a good football program this year but i dont see them beatin JCS this year....

JCS 34

TCA 20 /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

JCSEagleXC,

as I said earlier on this thread...whoever lionfootball is he is not representative of the classy TCA players and fans I know...he is best ignored...none of us can control how others post on this board only ourselves...I have used these boards for many years and found most posters are fans who love the game and want to talk about it...I love to hear analysis of who posters think will win and why...I love rivalry that is based on respect...anytime a poster as the one you are quoting uses terms like pitiful and horrible, it is evident to me they are merely posting to get a reaction...so the best course of action is to simply ignore them...it has been my experince when you do they lose interest and go away leaving the board for respectful fans who want to talk football

If you read that entire post you will read

I know that all TCA people aren't this annoying...can we hear from some of those people that aren't nearly as annoying.

I dont think that is making a bad generalization of TCA....i believe that it is making a good one saying that they arent annoying. Please, dont flip out on me!