Sullivan South @ Daniel Boone

compusatman

Who Wins?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Cap...my original post in this rebutal was a reply to rebeldad316 post #70. 90% of my concern was about defense. The rest was about not playing to our ability. The next post in series is #76. A reply to Volman stating Curt is having to do it all and the rest of the team is coasting. The next post is #78 a reply to pudding. The theme here again is defense. The next is #79 from Reb425 again about defense. Also giving kudos to Curt for playing his heart out. In post #80 I allude to a breakdown in morale based on Curt carrying the team. Curt is carrying the team but that is a coaching decision not a Curt decision. Yes, at Greenville and beyond Curt decided to take matters into his own hands and thankfully so, but in that post I alluded to the team getting back to a week 0 mentality. Which was a true team effort. My whole point is that the defense has problems. And the other point is that there are those players that are being affected by the coaching decision to use Curt as 90% of the offense and it is effecting their defensive play. What do I use as basis? The SHHS game. Curt shined in this game as well but the defense stood out front and center. What happened? Where did the defense go? I'm saying the defense is suffering from an attitude problem stemming from how the offense is run. This is wrong. They should not be affected. There is not much other explanation. It is a fine line here to use the teams best asset(s) to accomplish success and keep morale at a week 0 level. Curt is phenomonal but we can't go past the region with the current defensive play. Which is my whole line of thinking.

I believe that Stacy is not blundering blindly toward the playoffs but actually has an ingenious plan. Many hammered him (the same people that are shining your shoes on this thread.) for the preseason 2A scrimmages but as we see and I alluded to this long ago, he actually had a plan. You are doing nothin more than invading this thread with malicious intent. And it looks as though you have succeeded. I, on the other hand, see through your devious method and hold true to everything I've said. You can twist it and turn it anyway you like but the bottom line is I have the best interest at heart for my team. They do not yet see their potential and I am merely attempting to challenge them to greater heights. You like so many others look at the picture and see the bright lights and say, "OK that's what we have and that's it." I see the bigger picture and the far reaching potential thereof. You want to build a beautiful house it takes a craftsman...you want to build a tradition it takes much much more. There are a multitude of Southers who agree with my view...but just in the privacy of their own confines. My mistake may have been to bring it to Coach T but your mistake was to dirty my words. The Rebels do read these threads. Most do not reply. My intention was to admonish them to a higher achievement. As a team. Your intention was to undermine my endeavor. You my friend underestimate the power of motivation. The power that will put you and your Vikings in their bought and paid for place. So yes, you succeeded in tainting my words but that is all you will succeed in doing. November 2nd will sing you a lullaby. Week 0 was a pregame show compared to what you will see week 10. I know that is what you wanted and now you have it. Rock of Ages...Rebel Nation

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap...my original post in this rebutal was a reply to rebeldad316 post #70. 90% of my concern was about defense. The rest was about not playing to our ability. The next post in series is #76. A reply to Volman stating Curt is having to do it all and the rest of the team is coasting. The next post is #78 a reply to pudding. The theme here again is defense. The next is #79 from Reb425 again about defense. Also giving kudos to Curt for playing his heart out. In post #80 I allude to a breakdown in morale based on Curt carrying the team. Curt is carrying the team but that is a coaching decision not a Curt decision. Yes, at Greenville and beyond Curt decided to take matters into his own hands and thankfully so, but in that post I alluded to the team getting back to a week 0 mentality. Which was a true team effort. My whole point is that the defense has problems. And the other point is that there are those players that are being affected by the coaching decision to use Curt as 90% of the offense and it is effecting their defensive play. What do I use as basis? The SHHS game. Curt shined in this game as well but the defense stood out front and center. What happened? Where did the defense go? I'm saying the defense is suffering from an attitude problem stemming from how the offense is run. This is wrong. They should not be affected. There is not much other explanation. It is a fine line here to use the teams best asset(s) to accomplish success and keep morale at a week 0 level. Curt is phenomonal but we can't go past the region with the current defensive play. Which is my whole line of thinking.

I believe that Stacy is not blundering blindly toward the playoffs but actually has an ingenious plan. Many hammered him (the same people that are shining your shoes on this thread.) for the preseason 2A scrimmages but as we see and I alluded to this long ago, he actually had a plan. You are doing nothin more than invading this thread with malicious intent. And it looks as though you have succeeded. I, on the other hand, see through your devious method and hold true to everything I've said. You can twist it and turn it anyway you like but the bottom line is I have the best interest at heart for my team. They do not yet see their potential and I am merely attempting to challenge them to greater heights. You like so many others look at the picture and see the bright lights and say, "OK that's what we have and that's it." I see the bigger picture and the far reaching potential thereof. You want to build a beautiful house it takes a craftsman...you want to build a tradition it takes much much more. There are a multitude of Southers who agree with my view...but just in the privacy of their own confines. My mistake may have been to bring it to Coach T but your mistake was to dirty my words. The Rebels do read these threads. Most do not reply. My intention was to admonish them to a higher achievement. As a team. Your intention was to undermine my endeavor. You my friend underestimate the power of motivation. The power that will put you and your Vikings in their bought and paid for place. So yes, you succeeded in tainting my words but that is all you will succeed in doing. November 2nd will sing you a lullaby. Week 0 was a pregame show compared to what you will see week 10. I know that is what you wanted and now you have it. Rock of Ages...Rebel Nation

Personally, I just don't see how all of the negative "admonish"ment could do anything to help the Rebels. I hope Coach Carter encourages them to NOT read Coach T. I don't hold any ill feelings toward your Post, Comp, but, honestly, I, being a Rebel Supporter, would not say the things that you say. I knew what you were trying to do, just don't believe it is healthy. That's my opinion; pls respect it. I hope that it really does not matter what any of us say on here--I believe it's all in the hands of the coaches and the boys. But, I do believe that there is more harm in the negative post. If the defense hears it enough, they are going to believe it. By the way, I see improvement in the defense, in every game. We're pretty young; they seem to be playing hard; Boone's running back didn't do anything vs us that he hasn't to everyone else (excl.Volunteer). Defense bent but did not break. We won!!!! Enjoy!!!

Personally, I just don't see how all of the negative "admonish"ment could do anything to help the Rebels. I hope Coach Carter encourages them to NOT read Coach T. I don't hold any ill feelings toward your Post, Comp, but, honestly, I, being a Rebel Supporter, would not say the things that you say. I knew what you were trying to do, just don't believe it is healthy. That's my opinion; pls respect it. I hope that it really does not matter what any of us say on here--I believe it's all in the hands of the coaches and the boys. But, I do believe that there is more harm in the negative post. If the defense hears it enough, they are going to believe it. By the way, I see improvement in the defense, in every game. We're pretty young; they seem to be playing hard; Boone's running back didn't do anything vs us that he hasn't to everyone else (excl.Volunteer). Defense bent but did not break. We won!!!! Enjoy!!!

We have a great defense. I feel it is tremendous that we have Sophs. at key positions. They are college calibre' athletes and are set for a great career at South. Our upperclassmen should be leading the charge though and I feel this is where we have slacked off. Possibly I was a bit harsh but I feel these athletes are well groomed to handle it. Yes, it was most likely not my place to say those things...at least not in the concentrated way that I did. I have watched this group for many years and they have that special ability as a group let alone individuality. They proved in the first game that they have it. Stacy proved that he can prepare them. I think a wonderful job was done setting up a brand new linebacking corp especially with the temper they brought to the field in week 0. As well the D Backfield has made leaps and bounds. And especially the D Line whose performance has not slacked off. Volman is 100% correct when he says it is difficult to play the A game every week. This is of course true. Curt sets the tone of this team without saying a word and it's difficult to watch them give a halfbaked attempt at seeing his raise without wondering what is the issue. I will let it be now but knowing that we have a team that can make history and watching them play at .500 is unnerving. I am not speaking of the offense only the defense. That said, I am convinced the coaching staff fully well understands the problem at hand and will deal with it effectively and decisively. I just cannot concieve that we will not return to our previous level of intensity. And as Volman has stated they will return when it is most important. Patience is a virtue they say and one I don't seem to posess.

Compusat you seem like a smart guy so IMO you are smart enough to open with the defense thing (alla smoke screen). I can??™t help but notice that Curt??™s name pops up in almost all of your posts in which you say are directed towards South??™s defense. It??™s my understanding that Curt is the QB which is an offensive position. But even after that??¦I could almost by into your explanation if it weren??™t for one other fact. Outside of the Greeneville game, your defense has only truly given up 1 (one) touchdown per game before trash time. The only thing better than that is a shutout. My question to you is do you truly think South??™s defense has the potential to pitch shutouts every week, or are you playing this ???defensive concern??? thing to cover your true concerns of Curt getting all the stats.

Notice no question mark at the end of the last statement. If you want to reply it??™s up to you but I am through with it. I can??™t deny that I want the Conference trophy back in Bristol where it belongs /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> but no one (with good intentions) can deny the fact that South has only had one breakdown all season long. Other than that they have been steady and on course IMO. I say again??¦enjoy it while you can. I can still remember the good ol days myself in 04' when the question going into most game wasn??™t ???will we win??? but ???how much will we win by" and that day may soon come again for the Vikings. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> If you??™re finding things to complain about this season you may think about getting counseling before next! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I can still remember the good ol days myself in 04' when the question going into most game wasn??™t ???will we win??? but ???how much will we win by" and that day may soon come again for the Vikings. If you??™re finding things to complain about this season you may think about getting counseling before next!

We may be in them Good Ole days at South like the Vikes were in '04 and not even noticed......Nobodies mentioned the S. Central game.... so that implies that everyone knows we'll win.. it's just by how much........

We may be in them Good Ole days at South like the Vikes were in '04 and not even noticed......Nobodies mentioned the S. Central game.... so that implies that everyone knows we'll win.. it's just by how much........

My point exactly!!!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

My point exactly!!!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Cap... It doesn't matter offense; defense. If we put Curt in at MLB all our defensive problems are over. And that is one of the points is that they just need to try and step it up a bit. At least try and come up to his level. Instead to just expect him to do it. I'm done with it also. Let's move on.

#10 is a great high school football player. I think there are some unrealistic

expectations about what his impact would be on the defensive side of the

ball. And why not simply let the kid play the game?

This discussion reminds me of what the media has been saying about

A-Rod.

Some Yankee players comments could be appropriate in this discussion

about #10:

"I don't think we would have made the playoffs if it wasn't for him," pitcher Andy Pettitte said.

This might be his last chance in New York.

"Don't ask him about it," Derek Jeter told the media mob. "Just leave him alone and let him play."

Cap... It doesn't matter offense; defense. If we put Curt in at MLB all our defensive problems are over. And that is one of the points is that they just need to try and step it up a bit. At least try and come up to his level. Instead to just expect him to do it. I'm done with it also. Let's move on.

Compusat you seem like a smart guy so IMO you are smart enough to open with the defense thing (alla smoke screen). I can??™t help but notice that Curt??™s name pops up in almost all of your posts in which you say are directed towards South??™s defense. It??™s my understanding that Curt is the QB which is an offensive position. But even after that??¦I could almost by into your explanation if it weren??™t for one other fact. Outside of the Greeneville game, your defense has only truly given up 1 (one) touchdown per game before trash time. The only thing better than that is a shutout. My question to you is do you truly think South??™s defense has the potential to pitch shutouts every week, or are you playing this ???defensive concern??? thing to cover your true concerns of Curt getting all the stats.

Notice no question mark at the end of the last statement. If you want to reply it??™s up to you but I am through with it. I can??™t deny that I want the Conference trophy back in Bristol where it belongs /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> but no one (with good intentions) can deny the fact that South has only had one breakdown all season long. Other than that they have been steady and on course IMO. I say again??¦enjoy it while you can. I can still remember the good ol days myself in 04' when the question going into most game wasn??™t ???will we win??? but ???how much will we win by" and that day may soon come again for the Vikings. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> If you??™re finding things to complain about this season you may think about getting counseling before next! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cap, great post. You have hit the nail on the head.

Rebel fans should enjoy this run. It was not too many years ago when South was winning one or two games a year.

Since everyone wants to move on, I predict a South win by 28 vs the Cougars.

By the way, #10 returning kicks scares me.

It's just plain stupid.

I know he's the best athlete on the team. If it was a tight game, I could see it, but with a 30 point lead, why would you gamble the rest of your season on an irrelevant kick return?

He killed us, of course, but Kitzmiller also killed us. Looked good on the INT return for a TD.

Actually a good game until about 2 minutes to go before halftime, but the South TD was compounded by the fumbled kick return and subsequent TD, put Boone in the bottom of the hole looking up, and changed the gameplan.

Anyway, still good to see Masters back on track, with 184 yards. Gives him about 700 so far.

Biggest story of the night was the littlest guy on the field. Calvin McCray, #9. Was the leading tackler for Boone, making his first start since nearly being killed in a bullriding accident. One tough guy.