Rankings Week 6

mjuhb

Yes I was at the game, and it was no where near the craziest 2-0 game I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of soccer. I don't see where you would possibly see a 3-0 Ooltewah win, but that's your opinion and I respect that.

Ooltewah possessed the ball well against Brentwood Academy, that coupled with the fact BA looked like they didn't want to be there helped Ooltewah control the tempo of that game. They have a nice team and great fans. I agree it will be interesting to see how they respond in the postseason.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am aware of it. Were you at the game? It was the craziest 2-0 win I have ever seen. Ooltewah was looking for ways to give that one away. It was strange how bad they looked on that night and then how great they looked against BA. Had they played consistent they whole tourney they would have beat CCS 3-0, siegel 3-0 and BA 2-0. On the other hand, had they played all three matches like they played against siegel, they would have lost to CCS 2-0, siegel 2-0, and BA 2-0.

Ooltewah is still one of the best in state in my book. They just lack some depth that hurts them in tourneys or when there are injuries. It causes them to be up and down at times. But hey, that is why they play the game out. Watch out for them if they stay "up" come October.

Should be interesting to see how Ooltewah responds come region time and sub-state.

From what I hear about the Ooltewah/Siegel game, both teams looked flat the majority of the game. Both are better teams than they apparently showed that night. Catching either team on a different night could make a big difference.

What is any poll without some controversy. Ooltewah loses to Farragut 4-0 and moves up 3 spots while G'ville beats M'town West 3-0 and M-town East 9-0 and drops several spots. In any event, keep it up MJUHB.

And DB ranked above GV??? DB did well at a weak tourny this weekend but look at their opponents W-L-T compared to Greeneville's - no comparison.

Anyway - I'm glad Coach Calvert is doing well at DB - he's a class act and great coach.

I know, I know... but you caught me on a bad morning.

You rant... and you rave about yo' districts, that your worst could beat somebodies best; a' itsux an all... here I am tootin my little (slightly sharp) horn.

Go to a tournament .

Sequoyah looses to 3A Dobbins Bennett and beats 2A Creekwood and Chucky Doak.

Sequoyah HS,from Madisonville TN is 9-4, going into district play this week againsy Silverdale and McMinn Cent.

Ranked.?. ugh, no. Do I care? Ugh... some.

we gotsa win the games. All'y'all big pro's say, play somebody and then we''ll talk about you.If FRA and JPII and CCS and a bunch'a other initials lose to GPA and GPS and Webb (no initials.. do'nt stop me, I'm on a roll) then have your OWN state. You ac' like it's ok to be crowned 1st in state; and you should, but theres a 'hendred or more girls out here playing like we care.

Ok, I'm done. Thank you.

don't forget the WAR on PBS. If yo' ain't watching this yo' a.............. and as the guy said when I joined the army back in the dark days, " sorry son, you can't be in the navy, your parents are married. Viet Nam? It ain't that big a deal..."

Ok you got me laughing and I love the "Initials" !!! I spend about half of my time on hear trying to figure out DB beat DB 1-0....we don't have no DB's in the West. BUT I've got the tell you every time I try what you did, they accuse me of having one too many. What did you put on your Wheaties this morning????

From what I hear about the Ooltewah/Siegel game, both teams looked flat the majority of the game. Both are better teams than they apparently showed that night. Catching either team on a different night could make a big difference.

I missed the Friday night game against Siegel, but from what I've heard from the girls, my wife and the other OHS parents I have to agree with RAFN, that Ooltewah came out flat and had a difficult time getting themselves going.

The only real reason I've heard for how the OHS girls played was that due to a freaky screw up they didn't get the girls fed that afternoon till 25 minutes or so before they were supposed to be on the field warming up. What can you do? Stuff happens! I can't speak for Siegel's play but they obviously had the skills, put in the effort, made the plays they needed to and deserved the win.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Also look at the top players in the state and see how many Tullahoma has. I do understand that teams can have off games. I am sure that is what happened.

Teams can have off games, also teams can just be better than the team they play against. As for top players in the state we cannot go by this, it's just the opinion of one person who hasn't even seen all of the girls play. I have watched both teams, and both have done well. I believe Columbia deserves some credit for their big win! Congrates to Columbia Central.

I am aware of it. Were you at the game? It was the craziest 2-0 win I have ever seen. Ooltewah was looking for ways to give that one away. It was strange how bad they looked on that night and then how great they looked against BA. Had they played consistent they whole tourney they would have beat CCS 3-0, siegel 3-0 and BA 2-0. On the other hand, had they played all three matches like they played against siegel, they would have lost to CCS 2-0, siegel 2-0, and BA 2-0.

Ooltewah is still one of the best in state in my book. They just lack some depth that hurts them in tourneys or when there are injuries. It causes them to be up and down at times. But hey, that is why they play the game out. Watch out for them if they stay "up" come October.

Should be interesting to see how Ooltewah responds come region time and sub-state.

i don't really see what kind of fan can come on the boards with the whole "woulda coulda shoulda" routine. Ooltewah got beat friday night came out played well against BA and didn't? what can you say about that? what can any team say about their losses. obviously there's things to do better when you lose but that doesn't mean you SHOULD have won the game. if you should have won you WOULD have. OHS is a good team no one discredits that...but i don't understand how you can say they SHOULD or COULD have done anything and your very very right that is why they play the game out and come october the game against siegel doesn't count for much. if they win the ones that count it's all good.

Teams can have off games, also teams can just be better than the team they play against. As for top players in the state we cannot go by this, it's just the opinion of one person who hasn't even seen all of the girls play. I have watched both teams, and both have done well. I believe Columbia deserves some credit for their big win! Congrates to Columbia Central.

we couldn't finish thats why columbia beat us

anyways shelbyville is beating columbia 3-0 at the half

AA/A

1 FRA

2 Notre Dame

Top 25 Overall

10 FRA

11 Notre Dame

I guess EUROSPORT is waiting to see how FRA does against Brentwood High and Frankin High this week before they give FRA credit......hopefully that energizes the ladies!...to-date ND has probably had a harder schedule.....that will not be true when FRA finishes the run prior to the tournaments....guess we'll see how they handle the next 6 games in 9 days!