Class 2A Playoff Standings Thru Week 4

riverrat

Well the top 30 are easy but the last two spots are between 8 teams with 2 wins. So here is the list I have also listed where they are currently seeded. Expect the seeding to change DRAMATICALLY. For example Alcoa is a 4 seed because of their record and they have yet to play a region game. This is by no means a poll. This is just who would be in if they formed the brackets today.

Team Seeds

Gatlinburg-Pittman 1

CAK 1

Goodpasture 1

York Institute 1

Hickman County 1

Stewart County 1

Westview 1

Tyner 1

Booker T. Washington 1

Cumberland Gap 2

Rockwood 2

Lewis County 2

Westmoreland 2

Camden 2

Milan 2

Boyd Buchanan 2

CPA 2

Carver 2

Loudon 3

Smith County 3

DCA 3

Richland 3

Huntingdon 3

Jackson Christian 3

Happy Valley 3

Bledsoe County 3

Westwood 3

Alcoa 4

Humboldt 4

Peabody 4

WOULD VIE FOR THE LAST TWO SPOTS

Sweetwater

Upperman

Cannon County

Jackson County

East Robertson

Harpeth

Adamsville

USJ

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd expect them to have teams play no more apart than two regions away in the first round at least, Region 1 would play either somebody from 2 or 3, Region 3 would play anywhere from 1 to 5, etc. Maybe they can balance the geography and seedings. I really can't see them sending an upper east team to Nashville before a semifinal or a Chattanooga team to Jackson.

Here is something I put together from when we were talking about it during the summer. It was using last year's regular season results, region and overall record regardless of strength of schedule, and using 8 wildcards instead of 5 since there were 8 regions last year. I tried to balance the geography as best as possible. You can plug in the 1s through 4s and maybe it might look similar to this.

Quadrant 1-2

1-Gatlinburg-Pittman (Gatlinburg) 6-0, 10-0 (1)

1-Alcoa 6-0, 8-2 (2)

1-Westmoreland (Westmoreland) 5-0, 8-2 (3)

1-Boyd-Buchanan (Chattanooga) 3-1, 3-7 (4)

2-Loudon 5-1, 8-2 (5)

2-Smith County (Carthage) 4-1, 8-2 (6)

2-Tyner (Chattanooga) 3-1, 6-4 (7)

2-South Greene (Greeneville) 5-1, 6-4 (8)

3-CAK (Knoxville) 4-2, 7-3 (9)

3-York Institute (Jamestown) 3-2, 7-3 (10)

3-Bledsoe County (Pikeville) 2-2, 5-5 (11)

3--Happy Valley (Elizabethton) 4-2, 4-6 (12)

WC-Sweetwater 3-3, 7-3 (13)

WC-Rockwood 2-4, 5-5 (14)

WC-Upperman (Baxter) 2-3, 5-5 (15)

WC-Ezell-Harding (Antioch) 3-4, 4-6 (16)

Quadrant 3 -4

1-Goodpasture (Madison) 7-0, 10-0 (1)

1-Booker T. Washington (Memphis) 6-0, 9-1 (2)

1-Camden 8-0, 9-1 (3)

1-Humboldt 6-1, 8-2 (4)

2-Lewis County (Hohenwald) 7-1, 9-1 (5)

2-CPA (Nashville) 6-1, 8-2 (6)

2-Milan 5-2, 5-5 (7)

2-George Carver (Memphis) 5-1, 5-5 (8)

3-Fairview 5-2, 8-2 (9)

3-Peabody (Trenton) 4-3, 7-3 (10)

3-Waverly 6-2, 7-3 (11)

3-Westwood 3-3, 3-7 (12)

WC-Westview (Martin) 4-3, 7-3 (13)

WC-DCA (Nashville) 4-3, 6-4 (14)

WC-Huntingdon 4-3, 5-5 (15)

WC-Adamsville 4-4. 4-6 (16)

Then I started with Gatlinburg-Pittman, the overall #1 in Quadrants 1-2, placed them against #16 Ezell-Harding in the first round, as so on.

Quadrant 1:

Gatlinburg-Pittman (Gatlinburg) 6-0, 10-0 (1)

vs.

Ezell-Harding (Antioch) 3-4, 4-6 (16)

South Greene (Greeneville) 5-1, 6-4 (8)

vs.

CAK (Knoxville) 4-2, 7-3 (9)

Loudon 5-1, 8-2 (5)

vs

Happy Valley (Elizabethton) 4-2, 4-6 (12)

Boyd-Buchanan (Chattanooga) 3-1, 3-7 (4)

vs.

WC-Sweetwater 3-3, 7-3 (13)

Quadrant 2:

Alcoa 6-0, 8-2 (2)

vs.

WC-Upperman (Baxter) 2-3, 5-5 (15)

Tyner (Chattanooga) 3-1, 6-4 (7)

vs

York Institute (Jamestown) 3-2, 7-3 (10)

Westmoreland (Westmoreland) 5-0, 8-2 (3)

vs

Rockwood 2-4, 5-5 (14)

Smith County (Carthage) 4-1, 8-2 (6)

vs

Bledsoe County (Pikeville) 2-2, 5-5 (11)

Quadrant 3

Goodpasture (Madison) 7-0, 10-0 (1)

vs

Adamsville 4-4. 4-6 (16)

George Carver (Memphis) 5-1, 5-5 (8)

vs

Fairview 5-2, 8-2 (9)

Lewis County (Hohenwald) 7-1, 9-1 (5)

vs

Westwood 3-3, 3-7 (12)

Humboldt 6-1, 8-2 (4)

vs

Westview (Martin) 4-3, 7-3 (13)

Quadrant 4

Booker T. Washington (Memphis) 6-0, 9-1 (2)

vs

Huntingdon 4-3, 5-5 (15)

Milan 5-2, 5-5 (7)

vs

Peabody (Trenton) 4-3, 7-3 (10)

Camden 8-0, 9-1 (3)

vs

DCA (Nashville) 4-3, 6-4 (14)

CPA (Nashville) 6-1, 8-2 (6)

vs

Waverly 6-2, 7-3 (11)

They might go 1-8 in each quadrant first, but I'd go 1-16 over two quadrants, that would give you more flexibility in matchups in my opinion.

Well the top 30 are easy but the last two spots are between 8 teams with 2 wins. So here is the list I have also listed where they are currently seeded. Expect the seeding to change DRAMATICALLY. For example Alcoa is a 4 seed because of their record and they have yet to play a region game. This is by no means a poll. This is just who would be in if they formed the brackets today.

Team Seeds

Gatlinburg-Pittman 1

CAK 1

Goodpasture 1

York Institute 1

Hickman County 1

Stewart County 1

Westview 1

Tyner 1

Booker T. Washington 1

Cumberland Gap 2

Rockwood 2

Lewis County 2

Westmoreland 2

Camden 2

Milan 2

Boyd Buchanan 2

CPA 2

Carver 2

Loudon 3

Smith County 3

DCA 3

Richland 3

Huntingdon 3

Jackson Christian 3

Happy Valley 3

Bledsoe County 3

Westwood 3

Alcoa 4

Humboldt 4

Peabody 4

WOULD VIE FOR THE LAST TWO SPOTS

Sweetwater

Upperman

Cannon County

Jackson County

East Robertson

Harpeth

Adamsville

USJ

Great Job. I know this took some time. It really is a good tool for the rest to look and watch how the new playoff picks are going to be made.

How about we just make it simple?

To Determine The Champion We Could Take:

The number of that teams' fans that do not yell at a game + the overall number of points scored on a team in 1A or a team with a losing record in 2006 + the overall number of push-ups by the heaviest lineman on the team + their quarterbacks' squats on July 27 and August 13 + the overall average of the A.C.T. taken by all the senior backs x that teams' total driving distance to Murfreesboro.

OR, we could just play ball and finish the regular season! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

From what I understand...all #1's will be seeded first geographically. It really will depend on who wins the region to determine what quadrant they will be placed in. My thought is that they will put all #1's on the map and find the center point (by longitude & latitude). That process will be repeated for #2's and #3's. Then the five #4's will be seeded last by the same method. Regions will be totally disregarded. The quadrants will be seeded 1-8 using existing tie-breaker

procedures.

One question...will the quadrants be a true 1-8 tournament seeding? Are the higher seeds always the home team?

I think that Region 2 will be getting 2 wildcards...and I also think this whole system concocted by T$$AA is stupid. If you can't make 8 regions then you need to reclassify. Period. This system is gonna make someone really unhappy, much like the now-defunct sectional basketball tournament for the top 3 in each region.

I think that Region 2 will be getting 2 wildcards...and I also think this whole system concocted by T$$AA is stupid. If you can't make 8 regions then you need to reclassify. Period. This system is gonna make someone really unhappy, much like the now-defunct sectional basketball tournament for the top 3 in each region.

Why would you get two wild cards? that would put 5 teams from your region. Unless their records are the best then it will not happen. I find it hard to believe that the #5 team from your region will have a good enough record to advance. It does not take into consideration the toughest schedules it only considers the overall record I believe.

I know there is still a long way to go before the playoff picture is complete , I anxious to see how this new playoff thing goes . Alot of teams have already had region games and a few are getting started this week . I'm seeing the CAK / Alcoa game determining 1 and 2 in that region . But some famous words to come mind when trying to figure out who's going to win it all , " To Be The Man You Got To Beat The Man ." Alcoa has to be the front runner in everybodies mind . I know the score don't indicate what kinda game it was but the Maryville / Alcoa game was alot closer than the score and they beat 2 very good 3A teams by a considerable margin and one good 2A team . The region play starts Friday night for Alcoa with Wartburg , which should be a blowout . Like I said the Alcoa / CAK game should be a good one . Good luck figuring out the rest of the playoff picture because they're alot of very good teams out there wanting to make playoffs .