Class 2A Playoff Standings Thru Week 4

riverrat

Great Job. I know this took some time. It really is a good tool for the rest to look and watch how the new playoff picks are going to be made.

MAN YOU THINK THAT HICKMAN WILL BEAT LC IN THE REGION??? I'M SORRY YOUR MOM PUT YOU IN THOSE SPECIAL CLASSES BUT I HOPE YOUR STILL IN THEM CUZ YOU RETARDED IF YOU THINK THAT HICKMAN CAN BEAT LEWIS CO. IN THE REGION.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAN YOU THINK THAT HICKMAN WILL BEAT LC IN THE REGION??? I'M SORRY YOUR MOM PUT YOU IN THOSE SPECIAL CLASSES BUT I HOPE YOUR STILL IN THEM CUZ YOU RETARDED IF YOU THINK THAT HICKMAN CAN BEAT LEWIS CO. IN THE REGION.

I think they're in alphabetical order if they have the same record there Einstein. Riverrat's very first post includes a disclaimer that things will change drastically. One of those times will be when Lewis County plays Hickman County I'd imagine. The same reasoning behind Alcoa (who won the state for those of you that were eliminated in the first or second round last year) being a 4 seed. Those with more region wins IN WEEK 4 get seeded higher. That will change as the season progresses. Your 2 wins over 1A non conference competition got you a lower seed IN WEEK 4. See Spot. See Spot run. Run Spot, run! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I hope they have it all figured out, this far into the season. I've seen few details on how they'll match up the teams.

I bet they are praying everything is clear cut by week 10. IMO TSSAA does not know how it will work yet.

This weekly ranking is interesting but totally useless at this point.

I bet they are praying everything is clear cut by week 10. IMO TSSAA does not know how it will work yet.

This weekly ranking is interesting but totally useless at this point.

But we're talking about the possibilities instead of the same ole, same ole. Region A's #1 against Region B's #4. The same old matchups year after year after year. I like mixing it up a little. It's going to make the Saturday after week 10 a very fun day in my opinion and I think that some of the teams on the bubble not getting in isn't going to kill them. They'll try harder to finish in the top 3 of their region the next year. It adds some intrigue that's been missing for a long time.

But we're talking about the possibilities instead of the same ole, same ole. Region A's #1 against Region B's #4. The same old matchups year after year after year. I like mixing it up a little. It's going to make the Saturday after week 10 a very fun day in my opinion and I think that some of the teams on the bubble not getting in isn't going to kill them. They'll try harder to finish in the top 3 of their region the next year. It adds some intrigue that's been missing for a long time.

It is going to keep the teams with really bad over all records from getting in.

Okay, for serious, all that mess I said earlier, throw it out.

#1 Seed - Locked In - Region Champion

#2 Seed - Locked In

#3 Seed - Locked In

#4 Seed - 9 Possibles - Only Need 5

CURRENT #4's - with RANDOM Records Inserted (NOT a Prediction)

West Greene - REG (3-4) - OV (6-4)

Loudon - REG (4-3) - OV (6-4)

Sequatchie County - REG (2-3) - OV (4-6)

Upperman - REG (3-3) - OV (6-4)

East Robertson - REG (2-4) - OV (6-4)

Harpeth - REG (4-3) - OV (5-5)

Adamsville - REG (3-4) - OV (6-4)

Humboldt - REG (5-3) - OV (6-4)

Oakhaven - REG (3-2) - OV (4-6)

Going on REGULAR SEASON RECORD, the following teams would be LEGIT #4's:

West Greene, Loudon, Upperman, East Robertson, Adamsville, Humboldt

That is 6 teams. Only 5 can advance.

West Greene won 3 Region games out of 7 Total Region Opponents.

--That is a REGION WINNING PERCENTAGE of 42.8571%.

Loudon - 57.1428%

Upperman - 50%

East Robertson - 33.3333%

Adamsville - 42.8571%

Humboldt - 62.5%

In this "SCENARIO", it would be:

1. Humboldt

2. Loudon

3. Upperman

4. Adamsville

4. West Greene

In this SCENARIO, since Adamsville and West Greene are TIED, then it would mean some "tie breaker" for them. Since there is no other "consistent" variable between the two teams, such as common opponent or head to head, I choose a coin flip administered over the phone with an Official from East Tennessee at West Greene and an Official from West Tennessee at Adamsville. Use the Officials as Witnesses, sign off on it over three way with Ronnie Carter, with him choosing HEADS or TAILS, then flip the coins until there is a winner. After several tied flips, Ronnie Carter calls tails and West Greene wins the coin toss.

In this "SCENARIO", it would be

#2 Seed - Locked In

#3 Seed - Locked In

#4 Seed - (1) Humboldt, (2) Loudon, (3) Upperman, (4) West Greene, (5) Adamsville

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Okay, for serious, all that mess I said earlier, throw it out.

#2 Seed - Locked In

#3 Seed - Locked In

#4 Seed - 9 Possibles - Only Need 5

CURRENT #4's - with RANDOM Records Inserted (NOT a Prediction)

West Greene - REG (3-4) - OV (6-4)

Loudon - REG (4-3) - OV (6-4)

Sequatchie County - REG (2-3) - OV (4-6)

Upperman - REG (3-3) - OV (6-4)

East Robertson - REG (2-4) - OV (6-4)

Harpeth - REG (4-3) - OV (5-5)

Adamsville - REG (3-4) - OV (6-4)

Humboldt - REG (5-3) - OV (6-4)

Oakhaven - REG (3-2) - OV (4-6)

Going on REGULAR SEASON RECORD, the following teams would be LEGIT #4's:

West Greene, Loudon, Upperman, East Robertson, Adamsville, Humboldt

That is 6 teams. Only 5 can advance.

West Greene won 3 Region games out of 7 Total Region Opponents.

--That is a REGION WINNING PERCENTAGE of 42.8571%.

Loudon - 57.1428%

Upperman - 50%

East Robertson - 33.3333%

Adamsville - 42.8571%

Humboldt - 62.5%

In this "SCENARIO", it would be:

1. Humboldt

2. Loudon

3. Upperman

4. Adamsville

4. West Greene

In this SCENARIO, since Adamsville and West Greene are TIED, then it would mean some "tie breaker" for them. Since there is no other "consistent" variable between the two teams, such as common opponent or head to head, I choose a coin flip administered over the phone with an Official from East Tennessee at West Greene and an Official from West Tennessee at Adamsville. Use the Officials as Witnesses, sign off on it over three way with Ronnie Carter, with him choosing HEADS or TAILS, then flip the coins until there is a winner. After several tied flips, Ronnie Carter calls tails and West Greene wins the coin toss.

In this "SCENARIO", it would be

#2 Seed - Locked In

#3 Seed - Locked In

#4 Seed - (1) Humboldt, (2) Loudon, (3) Upperman, (4) West Greene, (5) Adamsville

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Upperman has only 5 region games. I expect them to finish 1-4.

Those of you who continue to use only the 4th seeds from a region to determine the final five spots are totally incorrect. After the first three seeds are determined, the last five spots will be filled by the teams with the best overall records state wide. Being a 4 seed is irrelevant. You can end up having 5 teams qualify from one region. It is a real possibility that one region might get five teams in.

Those of you who continue to use only the 4th seeds from a region to determine the final five spots are totally incorrect. After the first three seeds are determined, the last five spots will be filled by the teams with the best overall records state wide. Being a 4 seed is irrelevant. You can end up having 5 teams qualify from one region. It is a real possibility that one region might get five teams in.

Let me see I remember the part where I said this was a "scenario". Just an example. Hum. Yeah. Let's see. Yea, I remember that. "scenario". /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />