CENTENNIAL @ GLENCLIFF

CHS 2007

how do you know they had that much yardage when the paper didn't even have the stats? Are you downing Centennial's offense by saying Glencliff didn't look much better?!# At least they won and yeah, it was sloppy! They have a shot at beating Dickson County if they can stop making stupid mistakes!

If an offense turns the ball over 4 times, they DON'T look good. Those type of mistakes fly with teams like Northeast and Glencliff, but 4 out of your 5 remaining games are against quality opponents, and if you turn the ball over that much, you'll lose.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If an offense turns the ball over 4 times, they DON'T look good. Those type of mistakes fly with teams like Northeast and Glencliff, but 4 out of your 5 remaining games are against quality opponents, and if you turn the ball over that much, you'll lose.

I totally agree - mistakes against "quality" opponents will cost you points - but '07's reply stated that Centennial's offense was dominate and then turned around and said Glencliff didn't look much better = sarcasm - comments like that hurt Centennial which if he's a fan he shouldn't do! Centennial needs to work hard this week on cleaning up mistakes and keeping their heads in the game!

Cougars needed this win heading into the meat of the schedule. With the power houses coming up,this win could be whats carries the momentum needed for some upsets that allows Centennial to sneak in the playoffs and leave someone standing on the outside come playoff time. I am thinking either Brentwood or Ravenwood will be that team. I am leaning toward Ravenwood missing the playoffs because that loss to Brentwood could come back to bite them. Then there is the tie in Franklins record to consider as well. If Cougars can take care of business and upset one or two of these teams they are right there in the hunt. Way to go Centennial!!!!

I totally agree - mistakes against "quality" opponents will cost you points - but '07's reply stated that Centennial's offense was dominate and then turned around and said Glencliff didn't look much better = sarcasm - comments like that hurt Centennial which if he's a fan he shouldn't do! Centennial needs to work hard this week on cleaning up mistakes and keeping their heads in the game!

First off, the dominate line was meant to be a joke, commenting on how hot-and-cold the offense was in that game. Second of all, I don't see like thats hurting my team. I'm not going to sit here and say that our offense was golden after giving up 5 turnovers and allowing 16 defensive points in one quarter. Yeah, we have alot of good plays and we picked up some good yardage. But they also let Glencliff get back into the game with bad mistakes. Another turnover like that and Glencliff could have had the W.

And the Glencliff didn't do any better comment referred to said mistakes.

First off, the dominate line was meant to be a joke, commenting on how hot-and-cold the offense was in that game. Second of all, I don't see like thats hurting my team. I'm not going to sit here and say that our offense was golden after giving up 5 turnovers and allowing 16 defensive points in one quarter. Yeah, we have alot of good plays and we picked up some good yardage. But they also let Glencliff get back into the game with bad mistakes. Another turnover like that and Glencliff could have had the W.

And the Glencliff didn't do any better comment referred to said mistakes.

for someone who is "forever a fan" making jokes about your former school isn't cool! it sounds like your trying your hand at sports reporting, which if true, you rank up there with all the others - say whatever- even if it hurts your school!

Centennial is 3-2 which means the schedule has helped them achieve some wins - that boost is needed when we are about to play the toughest teams in our region - keep you "jokes" to yourself!

for someone who is "forever a fan" making jokes about your former school isn't cool! it sounds like your trying your hand at sports reporting, which if true, you rank up there with all the others - say whatever- even if it hurts your school!

Centennial is 3-2 which means the schedule has helped them achieve some wins - that boost is needed when we are about to play the toughest teams in our region - keep you "jokes" to yourself!

I agree, not much of a fan. Maybe his statement should read ,No longer a student and not much of a fan. Good post ,bestlife4ever.

Okay let me start by saying that I'm more of a fan than you will ever be. Then let me say that you need to get yourself a sense of humor. Then, I will explain to you that being a good reporter isn't publishing a bunch of sunshine and rainbows to make your team feel good about theirselves. It's about telling it like it is. The team put up alot of points, but they also made alot of sloppy mistakes that allowed Glencliff to get back into the game. You may get away with that against Glencliff and Northeast, but you won't beat Dickson Co., Brentwood, or Franklin with play like that, regardless of any "boost" your team might have. Bottom line-the only thing that can get Centennial through the bulk of the schedule is playing smart. Be careful with the ball, and don't force anything. You know I'll be there for homecoming and you know I'll be one of the loudest guys in the stands.

Okay let me start by saying that I'm more of a fan than you will ever be. Then let me say that you need to get yourself a sense of humor. Then, I will explain to you that being a good reporter isn't publishing a bunch of sunshine and rainbows to make your team feel good about theirselves. It's about telling it like it is. The team put up alot of points, but they also made alot of sloppy mistakes that allowed Glencliff to get back into the game. You may get away with that against Glencliff and Northeast, but you won't beat Dickson Co., Brentwood, or Franklin with play like that, regardless of any "boost" your team might have. Bottom line-the only thing that can get Centennial through the bulk of the schedule is playing smart. Be careful with the ball, and don't force anything. You know I'll be there for homecoming and you know I'll be one of the loudest guys in the stands.

I doubt that!!! As far as a sense of humor, I have one - just choose not to use it when it comes to hurting players or this team which has come far - this is a forum, not a practicing board for your writing skills! But you're right about one thing - last weeks sloppy play if done again will cost the Cougars games - especially against the 5 teams left!