Brentwood at Siegel - Let's Hear It

bearfeet

I just found out today that this week is Siegel's homecoming. The Bruins should have no problem taking care of business in this one.

Brentwood 21

Siegel 3

Yep i agree homecoming seems to break alot up.. I'll go with Bruins by at least 2TD's /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just seems to me they are behind. Blackman is new, but they are competitive. Oakland has won state championships. Lavernge seems to be pretty competitive. I am on the outside looking in, thats why I asked the question I did. Siegel seems like the doormat in Rutherford County.

Are their facilities comparable to everyone else's? Do they have about the same amount of skill and size?

Is the head coach really the problem?

you do realize that you are trying to compare them with Riverdale and smyrna right? 2 of the top 5 teams in the state you could ask that question of a lor of teams why isnt lavergne why isnt blackman why isnt oakland all those school have been around longer and have had more time to build there program while riverdale took a big hit from blackman opened up we still had a program so to ask why a 5 year school isnt on par with 2 school that have been around a long time with a strong program and then blame the head coach just isnt right...he is building a program from the beginning blackman got a lot of former RIVERDALE players to go and that is why they was so good early we was a lot deeper so the second string at RIVERDALE would start at most school (ralph stembridge and rico turner were very good high school players) and siegel never really got players like that ...give them time they have got a lot of young talent they will be really good in the next few years as long as everyone sticks with their coaches and doesnt dismantle it same goes for oakland keep working and they will be pretty good

BUT LETS BE HONEST IT IS NOT FAIR TO COMPARE TEAMS TO THE MIGHTY RIVERDALE WARRIORS

Watson has had 5 years, to do something, he hasn't changed since day one. Time to get rid of him.

They have had the top freshman team for the last 3 yrs.....so they definitely have some players.

You would think Nolan would see this wouldn't you? These guys on the team now came from winning Freshman teams. As Freshman they beat the teams they are currenlty playing now.

According to the coaches, the team has no "magic". Have you ever heard such a lame excuse? When is Watson and the rest of the coaching staff going to take responibility for their own incompetency? After all WATSSON is the only factor thats been there the entire 5 years.......that should tell you its the coach and not the team.

Guest workinprogress

I gotta disagree to some respect as ALOT of players from Oakland found their way to Siegel somehow. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

R'dale wins for one reason. They outwork other teams when it comes to preparing and as perinnial winners more kids come out for the team so that adds talent and debth.

I agree that as a perrenial power Riverdale has the luxury of having many players come out. When I saw them this season they were huge up front and had solid skill players at every position. I dont agree with your comment that they outwork everyone else. Yes I am sure that Riverdale works very hard but there are plenty of other teams out there that are working just as hard.

I agree that as a perrenial power Riverdale has the luxury of having many players come out. When I saw them this season they were huge up front and had solid skill players at every position. I dont agree with your comment that they outwork everyone else. Yes I am sure that Riverdale works very hard but there are plenty of other teams out there that are working just as hard.

I said they out work based on one reason only that I know for sure about and that was my son when he was playing there. For instance not only did he lift during his designated weight lifting PE class he also lifted during his ROTC class sometimes and ran a mile EVERYDAY after practice with a pack on his back with anywhere between 40-75 pounds of weights in it. He did this for one reason, HE wanted to be the best he could be for the TEAM! Thing is when his team mates found out about this some of them started doing similar things to make them better. That is what I meant by outworking other teams. They challenged each other everyday to get better. You see very few teams other than R'dale that do this that I know of. Do other teams do it? I honestly do not know, but I haven't seen it. One instance is Smyrna. The weight room there is little more than a closet and it has shown in the past. While they have had some really big lines they were out muscled by smaller but stronger R'dale players. Things are supposed to be changing there now but until EVERY school in Region 4 starts doing it you will still see one school dominate the Region.

I think that Ron Crawford is one of the top coaches in the state !!

You are so right. Brentwood is very blessed to have Ron Crawford at our school. Its not just about the football either he really cares about these young men and how they develop off the field. I am not sure you can say that about every coach out there especially with the pressure of winning.

You are so right. Brentwood is very blessed to have Ron Crawford at our school. Its not just about the football either he really cares about these young men and how they develop off the field. I am not sure you can say that about every coach out there especially with the pressure of winning.

You are so right about everything you just said. The man really cares about what kind of men his players become. My son's friends played for him at Riverdale when he was their DC, and still think the world of the guy.

To think riverdale has won because they have out worked everyone is laughable. While I am sure they work hard.Smyrna works as hard as anyone despite their inferior facilities and many other teams work their tails off year round.

Riverdale won because they had better players and great position coaches pur and simple. This may come as a shock to many but most of the time the team with better players wins!

The talent pipeline is slowing and being split more ways now and while I think adeylott is a really good coach. I dont know if the rest of his staff matches riverdales previous staff that included coach collins one of the most underrated coaches ever.

It will be interesting to see how that work ethic deal works over the next 2 to 4 years.

2p ck your pm