Ooltewah vs Maplewood

bipbopzot

What are the owls going to do when the Panthers start stomping up and down at the 50 in pregame warmups. Do the Owls have a logo in the middle of the field? If they do , it will be stomped on before the game.

Oh,my god,they better not!!The last team that did that in chattanooga was brainerd..,..and red bank hung 70 pts. on 'em!! I hope they do,not that the owls are going to need any more fuel for tonght,we'll see.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah 20..maplewood 14: Turnovers!! Ooltewah played better than the score would suggest,after a turnover(maplewood's 1st play),owls score(7..0),then maplewood got a long score after the play stopped(we thought),but maplewood's qb got loose and went 60 yards(7..6)owls lead,after another turnover owls rb,marshall runs in for a td,but ref's said he stepped out(he clearly didn't)owls settle for a FG(10..6)owls lead..,..then Ooltewah marches down the field,wasting time w/play calling and drop passes,qb getting sacked.etc..,.marshall makes a move for the ages to scor,BUT,a holding call brought it back!!!,then owls didn't know what to do,go for it or kick,then maplewood jumped offsides(owls ball on 2yrd.line)marshall runs it in,BUT,refs said his knee was down(clearly not)...halftime...marshall takes opening kickoff 85 ydsfor a TD(20..6)owls lead. Maplewood return it to owl 45,couple plays later score(20..14),owls are moving down field,we can't catch,then we fumble, Maplewood runs the ball the entire length of the field,clock running,then they throw a pass opposite field and should have scored,BUT, Maplewood's recvr,tried to get cute and fumbled the ball out of the endzone!!!! OWLS ball on 20yd. line after some great catches by Shumaker,and some big time runs by marshall,OWLS take a knee and come away w/ a win 20..14!!! owls qb still isn't ready,but,he's better than,he was,because of some great athletes for Ooltewah!! owls fullback(Bruell)was a monster tonight,he ran hard all night...anyway Maplewood was a good team,but have no passing attack at all,but,they are the hardest running teams to bring down I 've seen in along time. Owls beat them and that's all that matters right now

Maplewood didnt have a a spectacular game either ..but they could have ..i was just venting ..i say all that just because ..Maplewood is not going to change a thing ..its been like that for years now .. they are going to come out and do what Maplewood does and thats smash you right in the mouth ...

hmm 5A ranked team Maplewood beat lets see ....Hunters Lane(semi finals playoffs last year) was ranked when they played Maplewood won 12 - 0

Hunters Lane (2 - 0 reg) (4 - 1 overall) Region 5 5A

Boski-I TOLD YOU SO!

Congrats to the Owls!

Sounds like it was a great game and looks like Maplewood represented the Nashville area in an excellent manner.

However to beat teams like Maryville you have to have a balanced attack.

Looks like Field Goals are important! You need those to win State also.

Do you still think the Owls Can't play with the top 5A teams in the mid State?

Whew! That game was closer than I'd like. Maplewood was a good team. We played pretty good, but my main concern is our inabilty to push it into the endzone(without it being called back). They have to improve on that. Hats off to all the team, they looked better tonight and seemed fired up (most of the time), but special kudos to John Long, he did an excellent job. What would we have done without his two filed goals??? Especially the one that was over 40 yards. Brian Marshall also looked good tonight, and the fullback. Heck, all of the boys played well. It was nice to see a glimpse of the team we are capable of being.

Looking forward to next week...................homecoming. look out Bradley Central! Go Owls.

By the way, I predicted 21-14, only off by a point.

Also, Maplewoods band was very entertaining. I always enjoy a good performance.

Whew! That game was closer than I'd like. Maplewood was a good team. We played pretty good, but my main concern is our inabilty to push it into the endzone(without it being called back). They have to improve on that. Hats off to all the team, they looked better tonight and seemed fired up (most of the time), but special kudos to John Long, he did an excellent job. What would we have done without his two filed goals??? Especially the one that was over 40 yards. Brian Marshall also looked good tonight, and the fullback. Heck, all of the boys played well. It was nice to see a glimpse of the team we are capable of being.

Looking forward to next week...................homecoming. look out Bradley Central! Go Owls.

By the way, I predicted 21-14, only off by a point.

Also, Maplewoods band was very entertaining. I always enjoy a good performance.

Looks like the field goals and passing attack beat the Panthers. Could the game went the other way?

Looks like the field goals and passing attack beat the Panthers. Could the game went the other way?

Yes only,because of some odd ball calls by refs,but passing 5 yds every time,except the long to marshall that wasn't a real good throw,but it counts!..,every time he throws it you want to hold your breath.,recrs,did very well!!! Ooltewah's coaches,called a very good game,if our young team could just execute,most of the time,we would have alot more confidence,I think,we seem to be one block,one dropped pass away from being really good,marshall was one hand away from a couple of long tds.We better get it together in next couple of weeks. Our FANS seemed dead tonight.

Maplewood was a classy, well-disciplined bunch. Good RB, a very good running QB, a very physical OL, and a stout D. Their mistakes were effort mistakes and those are things that most coaches can tolerate. Came off the bus with class, well organized and even left the visiting locker room SPOTLESS afterwards. That was a team that should go a long way this season, and I wish much success to the Panthers the rest of the way. That was football the way it should be played and how a team should act. With class and like they have been there before. A tip of the cap to you guys. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

[/size]

Boski-I TOLD YOU SO!

Congrats to the Owls!

Sounds like it was a great game and looks like Maplewood represented the Nashville area in an excellent manner.

However to beat teams like Maryville you have to have a balanced attack.

Looks like Field Goals are important! You need those to win State also.

Do you still think the Owls Can't play with the top 5A teams in the mid State?

I have no afflilation with either team, but they showed highlights of the game on the Friday Night Lights show on the local news channel and Maplewood got the shaft in this game. The touchback call was the incorrect call, the ball crossed the line in the possession of the reciever and then he fumbled. The refs got it right the first time, and don't know why they changed their call. Also Maplewood is a 4A team not a 5A team, so no I don't think the Owls can compete with the best 5A teams in the midstate because they should of lost to a 4A team. Just had to share after seeing that call on the tv tonight.

I have no afflilation with either team, but they showed highlights of the game on the Friday Night Lights show on the local news channel and Maplewood got the shaft in this game. The touchback call was the incorrect call, the ball crossed the line in the possession of the reciever and then he fumbled. The refs got it right the first time, and don't know why they changed their call. Also Maplewood is a 4A team not a 5A team, so no I don't think the Owls can compete with the best 5A teams in the midstate because they should of lost to a 4A team. Just had to share after seeing that call on the tv tonight.

Gerry bertier your always trying to get on here and cause trouble, i have no afffilation with either team as well however I happened to be at the game and The maplewood reciever clearly fumbled the ball before he crossed the goal line. Also Brian's TD run that they called down right before the half was a questionable call as well. At any rate Ooltewah got one call against them and so did Maplewood. Dont try and take away a sound win from the Owls by discrediting it. And as far as 5A teams up in nashville goes region 5 up there is a joke this year, you might be refering to the williamson county schools but the best metro team resides in 4A.