Carter @ Seymour

MineyHaole

I couldn't agree more. If these teams played the competition they were supposed to, they would get it handed to them every week. For example, see what Carter did the first few weeks of the season when they played 4A schools. Does anyone know when they re-classify? Do you think both of these schools will go to 4A?

It doesn't matter because unfortunatly this region will never be able to compete with region 2, no matter what happens in the regular season all 4 region 1 teams will get swept in the first round! Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just stating a fact. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more. If these teams played the competition they were supposed to, they would get it handed to them every week. For example, see what Carter did the first few weeks of the season when they played 4A schools. Does anyone know when they re-classify? Do you think both of these schools will go to 4A?

Carter in NO way is a 4A school they have just over 800 students enrolled. Also making reference to what Carter did the first few weeks when they did play 4A schools I believe if I am not mistaken Bearden is a 5A school with a 6-1 record and Carter was also down 3 players all of them being starters. They reclassify in 2009 and I don't believe Carter will go to 4A because they don't have the enrollment. Where the focus really needs to be is on Fulton which has dominated this class for the past 4 or 5 years I believe if we get Fulton, AE, and Catholic out of this class then more teams like Carter, Seymour, Rutledge will have a better chance of seeing state. I know for a fact in Louisville, KY that if you pay to go to a school they are in a class of their own, such as St. X, Trinity and DeSales. No disrespect to Catholic because they are a great team but they have an advantage on getting players. Guys realize Carter does not have anything handed to them on a Silver Platter they work and play hard for every victory as with any team in these regions. Instead of people making the assumption that Carter in playing the the wrong classification maybe you should come out and see actually how small Carter High School really is and look at some of the other schools in the class that should be in 4A. MY OPINION AND IT IS JUST THAT CARTER AND SEYMOUR ARE BOTH IN THE CLASS THAT THEY SHOULD BE AND THEY BOTH PLAYED AN ENJOYABLE GAME ON FRIDAY.

Carter in NO way is a 4A school they have just over 800 students enrolled. Also making reference to what Carter did the first few weeks when they did play 4A schools I believe if I am not mistaken Bearden is a 5A school with a 6-1 record and Carter was also down 3 players all of them being starters. They reclassify in 2009 and I don't believe Carter will go to 4A because they don't have the enrollment. Where the focus really needs to be is on Fulton which has dominated this class for the past 4 or 5 years I believe if we get Fulton, AE, and Catholic out of this class then more teams like Carter, Seymour, Rutledge will have a better chance of seeing state. I know for a fact in Louisville, KY that if you pay to go to a school they are in a class of their own, such as St. X, Trinity and DeSales. No disrespect to Catholic because they are a great team but they have an advantage on getting players. Guys realize Carter does not have anything handed to them on a Silver Platter they work and play hard for every victory as with any team in these regions. Instead of people making the assumption that Carter in playing the the wrong classification maybe you should come out and see actually how small Carter High School really is and look at some of the other schools in the class that should be in 4A. MY OPINION AND IT IS JUST THAT CARTER AND SEYMOUR ARE BOTH IN THE CLASS THAT THEY SHOULD BE AND THEY BOTH PLAYED AN ENJOYABLE GAME ON FRIDAY.

I may agree with you on Carter not being big enough to move up a classification, but I can't agree with you on Seymour. I think there will be no doubt about them moving up to 4A. I also agree with you on Catholic. They should not be in this classification. I am not sure about Fulton's numbers, but I am sure some teams from the region would love to see them go.

According to the Knox County website, Carter has an enrollment of 976 students.

tssaa does not use enrollment numbers they use ADA (ave daily att). They get these from the state because

these are the numbers that school are paid for. Each school report to the state every 20 days their ADA.

tssaa will use one of the 20 day periods numbers.