Mt. Pleasant @ Collinwood

theyoungtiger

Cwood will win....it will be a good game tho...

I'm still confussed on the C'wood/ Moore Co. game. C'wood seems to be very strong on offense and puts up several points per game and I really expect them to put up 30 to 35 on MTP. Wayne Co. should have any way but failed to do so. C'wood will not fail to score points friday night but will they be able to slow MTP down? This could be a 50 point game for both teams. MTP beat Wayne Co. up front and pushed them around and could probably do the same with C'wood. Should be a very exciting game for all.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still confussed on the C'wood/ Moore Co. game. C'wood seems to be very strong on offense and puts up several points per game and I really expect them to put up 30 to 35 on MTP. Wayne Co. should have any way but failed to do so. C'wood will not fail to score points friday night but will they be able to slow MTP down? This could be a 50 point game for both teams. MTP beat Wayne Co. up front and pushed them around and could probably do the same with C'wood. Should be a very exciting game for all.

Collinwood will not put up 35 points on MP! They will be lucky to put up 20. Mark it down I said it. WC was very lucky to put up 22. MP's D is improving every week and will control the rest of the games they play this season.... The only way this is a good game is if C'wood holds MP's offense in check.

Should have scored 35? Are you kidding me? Try getting more than a couple first downs in the second half before you attempt to put 35 on the board. Good luck in the annual region 6 runner-up bowl with the Collinwas Trojanettes. Tigers are on their way to 4th straight championship. Green Man knows it thats why he aint around here anymore. SSSSS knows it, he's just trying to play it off like he dont care. Tigers 55 Trojanettes 14.

Should have scored 35? Are you kidding me? Try getting more than a couple first downs in the second half before you attempt to put 35 on the board. Good luck in the annual region 6 runner-up bowl with the Collinwas Trojanettes. Tigers are on their way to 4th straight championship. Green Man knows it thats why he aint around here anymore. SSSSS knows it, he's just trying to play it off like he dont care. Tigers 55 Trojanettes 14.

When you look at the TD Wayne Co. scored that was called short(in which we all saw clearly #6 scored)and set short of the goal line and 2 other times #41 had ints with no one between himself and the goal line but he dropped them. Wayne co. could have scored 3 more TDs. That could have been 21 more but that is the way the game goes and we didn't perform the second half.

When you look at the TD Wayne Co. scored that was called short(in which we all saw clearly #6 scored)and set short of the goal line and 2 other times #41 had ints with no one between himself and the goal line but he dropped them. Wayne co. could have scored 3 more TDs. That could have been 21 more but that is the way the game goes and we didn't perform the second half.

I don't know who "we all" are who saw him clearly score. The official was on the goal line. He marked it down. The defensive back from MP just manhandled him and pushed him back. You still had the ball first down inside the 1 and didn't score. Did the official stop that too?

If you want to play what if's... What if when MP sacked your quarterback on the first drive and caused a fumble. If the end had just recovered the ball instead of trying to pick it up and run, WC wouldn't have scored their opening touchdown.

What if WC had actually tackled Marco?

What if WC had covered all of the receivers that were open, especially on the two scores and the play right before the half that set up the touchdown?

All of this is the difference between one team making plays and the other not. That's why one team was victorious and the other lost.

BTW, why didn't WC perform in the second half? They had the lead and started with the ball at midfield.

Offensively I would say collinwood is a lot better than last year......all three of the featured backs are better than the best back they had last year and the quarterback has more experienced........everyone is putting their defense down for some reason but nobody has scored against the varsity in the second half this year.......they get better as the game goes on because of their depth............biggest problem collinwood has is fumbles but they got a lot better in that area last game.............Mt pleasant hasnt even slowed collinwood down in a long time, I see no reason why that trend will end as mt pleasant has basically the same guys playing defense again this year while collinwood has had a lot more time to perfect their triple back attack.........I guess it will come down to this....can marco daily match and beat the production collinwood gets from their three guys who are young but all great runners........and best thing is they all come back next year

so I would say the bottom line is this...daily will do his damage because hes a great runner and collinwood will do a lot of damage because the have three great runners..........from my experience high school defenses simply arent quick enough to stop really talented backs and you will get to see a bunch of them if you go to this game

I say collinwood wins 42 34......thats my best shot at it.............if mt pleasant wins I dont see it as that big a deal since collinwood is young and making huge strides every game.......I think they will be utterly unstoppable by playoff time and Im looking forward to the big showdown with Jo byrns again this year

see ya at the game......no more talk from ole ssssssss!!!!!!

What if WC had actually tackled Marco?

BTW, why didn't WC perform in the second half? They had the lead and started with the ball at midfield.

I agree what if WC had tackled Marco. They didn't do that very well the 2nd half they laid down because the Oline & Dline got their butts kicked. MTP did a great job up front on both sides of the ball and just wore WC down. My point was WC had chances to put up 35 and failed to do it and C'wood is very able as well to put up 35 + points. C'wood has a very high powered offense and if they get loose they will score 35+ points. MTP does not have this in the bag just yet.

Mt pleasant hasnt even slowed collinwood down in a long time, I see no reason why that trend will end as mt pleasant has basically the same guys playing defense again this year while collinwood has had a lot more time to perfect their triple back attack.

Ok, so you're saying that Collinwood has had more time to get their backs ready than Mt. Pleasant has had to get their defense ready? I don't know if Collinwood's backs have improved, but I do know that Mt. Pleasant's has improved tremendously. I really don't understand why you think that Collinwood's backs have improved, but Mt. Pleasant's defense hasn't. It's stupid.

Hey Collinwood,

Us Coonhunters say when the tailgate drops the bullcrap stops. be Ready When the Whistle Blows So We Don't Have to Hear Time Ran Out. And Good Luck Your Gonna Need It. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

u sure you aint got a possum treed there coonhunter? or maybe they're running a deer or cat