Mt. Pleasant @ Collinwood

theyoungtiger

Have you seen them play?....They are way better this year than the backs was last year....and cwood 3 backs to ur 1....not lookin so good for MTP

I saw them scrimmage against TCA and Cascade. I've been talking more trash on here that usual mostly because I met greenman and like giving him a hard time, especially since he's not going to post back. Collinwood will be another test for MP but they better not play like they did against those 2 teams. If they do MP will beat them worse than Cascade did in that scrimmage.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, I have to agree with you on this post..........I was really worried when all three backs graduated from last years slammin rushing attack......I knew Adams would be awesome but I was really surprised when I went to see collinwood play and realized that all three of the starters this year are better than the best guy from last years bunch(dixon)..............its really fun to watch them knowing the opposition cant key on anybody....and the passing is good too

I used to think sssssss was the start of a word that ended with hit but now I realize that it's the start of a word that ends with tupid. Your middle school didn't have it this year, your b-team didn't have it and your starters won't have it.

Have you seen them play?....They are way better this year than the backs was last year....and cwood 3 backs to ur 1....not lookin so good for MTP

I don't think it will be blowout. Cwood will have a shot, but MP nips Collinwood AGAIN. These are different teams than last year. MP doesn't have the same type of offense. It's not one back. They throw to the Tight end 6-5 235lbs (2tds), and have about 5 recievers with 80-200 yard recieving, highlighted by Julian Corlew who has 4 catches for 168 yards and 4tds. He also has 3 picks on defense. He and Daily anchor the defensive backfield. Bubba Clifton has about 300 yards on the ground and is a hard nosed runner up the middle with breakaway speed. The defense is much improved with Corlew, Jed Davis who led MP in tackles as a freshman last year. Also, MP has freshman, Richardson who is 6-5 305lbs at defensive tackle who made plays alnight against Wayne. He is growin up fast! Add Gilbreath, David Brown (4sacks against JB in quarters last year), and host of other D lineman. 76 players dressed out. This MP football program is THRIVING under the leadership of a good young coach. Good luck, you are going to need it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

the passing has improved since last year and mtp cant handle it......cwoods defense is better too and should be able to stop marco.....better hope they score in the first half cuz in the second it aint happenin

Yea the passin has got better and the defense has really improved....everybody says that cwood dont have any defense then y hasnt anyone scored on us in the second half????.....and i agree with u...it aint goin to happen this friday either....

Yea the passin has got better and the defense has really improved....everybody says that cwood dont have any defense then y hasnt anyone scored on us in the second half????.....and i agree with u...it aint goin to happen this friday either....

mTp doesn't run out of steam in the second half like some--they tend to be a second half team--if collinwood thinks they'll stop the tigers from scoring late in the game they're gonna be in for a BIG surprise /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You laying any odds on MP scoring in the second half. I'd like some of that action...... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Check your scores again.... Loretto scored 6 points in the 4th qtr. Huntland scored 28 points aganinst the Trojans, all those in the first half? When everyone you have played has a combined record of 4-21, I can see why you can brag about your defense. If you shut the Tigers down Friday night you can brag then.

You laying any odds on MP scoring in the second half. I'd like some of that action...... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I will take some of it too. Probally all talk just like all the other green fans.

As much as i like our fellow green jersey's down near alabama, i have seen no reason to believe that this will be the year for them to beat Mt. Pleasant. Mt. Pleasant returns alot of their team last year and most importantly Mr. football. I realize the game last year was very close and could have gone either way, but the end result was Mt. Pleasant won and with them returning most alot of that team and the core of that team i see no reason to believe this game will be any different.

I will say this, I expect to look and the score to be within a touchdown and can honestly say i wouldn't be suprised if the Trojans pulled this one out at home. Best of luck to both teams.

When everyone you have played has a combined record of 4-21, I can see why you can brag about your defense.

Their opponents have a comnbined TOTAL of 4 wins and 21 losses??? No wonder their team looks so good in their eyes /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The color combo was for you SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS........ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you shut the Tigers down Friday night you can brag then.

You can say that again about 4-21 times more! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Check your scores again.... Loretto scored 6 points in the 4th qtr. Huntland scored 28 points aganinst the Trojans, all those in the first half? When everyone you have played has a combined record of 4-21, I can see why you can brag about your defense. If you shut the Tigers down Friday night you can brag then.I will take some of it too. Probally all talk just like all the other green fans.

nobody has scored a point from the line of scrimmage in the second half against collinwood's varsity..............loretto scored at the end of the game against the jvs and freshmen.................huntland scored once on a kickoff return...not at the line of scrimmage, and Moore co scored once in overtime.................the varsity has not given up a point in the third or fourth quarterscollinwood has plenty of nice sized linemen so I dont see any problem there..........the two d tackles for the wood weigh in at 665 pounds combined...thats big enough.....and they are both seniors with good experience

You can say that again about 4-21 times more! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

you played one outstanding team and got crushed by three tds......and golden boy was stonewalled.....have a good one!!!!!!!