MBA vs Ensworth High

whoisjeff

The 40-65 year old MBA Alums in their sweater vests and corduroy pants will riot in the streets and kill their first born sons if MBA loses

week 6

hurricane is coming

the EHS parents will be drowning their sorrows in their Pinot Grigiots come Friday night...I just hope you EHS people don't so something crazy after the game...like being so distraught that you yank a tee shot into the woods Saturday morning...remember people, it's just a game.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ensworth's players are all a bunch of rich snobs that can't play football. After they lose the game they will be crying while driving their range rovers back to belle meade.

You've got to be kidding me. Ensworth is a nice school with a lot of wealthy people, but you can't possibly argue that MBA isn't. MBA is one of the richest schools in Nashville. If the guys at Ensworth were snobs, they would be bashing MBA just as much as you're bashing them. And if they couldn't play football, they wouldn't be 5-0 right now.

And I know for a fact that not a SINGLE guy at Ensworth drives a Range Rover. Good one.

But that post is completely irrelevant to the game, and so is this one, so let's just drop it.

A few facts about this game...

1. The pressure is all on MBA to keep their "super seven" reputation.

2. Ensworth is just establishing their reputation, and since no one apparently expects EHS to win there is no pressure on them.

Ensworth hired about 10 football coaches in 2002 before they had ever even broken ground on the school, including the best coach in the state (Bowers) and another state title winning coach (Pack), and then gave RB a blank check to build a football program into a powerhouse as quickly as he could and by whatever means necessary....so yes, EHS is a dominant team, as all of us who know RB well fully expected them to be...but please, spare us the "aww shucks, look at us, little ole' Ensworth trying to take down big bad MBA" routine.

Just to the people loving on Tavarres and Orleans... I don't see how ANYBODY can believe they are even close as good to the Hillsboro combo between Seward and Gordon and Hillsboro got held to 12 points... Come on now, T and Orleans are good, but wouldn't say their great. Gordon and and Seward are an older combo though, so the future of EHS looks good.

they may be better but are coached much poorly....bowers will call the right plays at the right time

Ensworth hired about 10 football coaches in 2002 before they had ever even broken ground on the school, including the best coach in the state (Bowers) and another state title winning coach (Pack), and then gave RB a blank check to build a football program into a powerhouse as quickly as he could and by whatever means necessary....so yes, EHS is a dominant team, as all of us who know RB well fully expected them to be...but please, spare us the "aww shucks, look at us, little ole' Ensworth trying to take down big bad MBA" routine.

That "routine" that you claim ensworth people are doing is exactly what they have obviously been fighting on all of their ensworth threads. They have been trying to get people to take them seriously and make people stop saying o its just little ole ensworth trying to take down a big team, and insted say that ensworth is part of the "big boys".

HAHAHA o my god coming from an MBA kid that is hilarious. I dont even go to EHS but wow. Not only is MBA's tuition just as expensive as Ensworth's but Ensworth is not even rich yet because they dont have hundreds of Alumni giving all their money to MBA. MBA makes 80 million dollars a year off of donations and tuition. USN which is also a good private school makes 1 million. MBA is far and above the richest school in Tennessee. Ensworth is very expensive but so is MBA and at the moment MBA is much wealthier than Ensworth. Basically your a xxxxxxx MBAdude41

back to football---We shall do our best to ignore MBA boys who pretend to not be ridiculously rich.

P.S. i have absolutely nothing against MBA i have rooted for them on many occasions. I only have a problem with stupid people.

I hate to burst your bubble, however, MBA is not the richest school in Tennessee. For that, you would need to visit a couple of schools in Chattanooga that board students.

What was that P.S. you said?

Ensworth by more than 7 now.

HAHA... Wow Ensworth fans love to talk before a game don't they??? They will learn their lesson quickly....Ill be posting first thing Saturday morning to update everyone on what happened in this game...

Just a little advice Ensworth fans...Talk after you win (which i think you will lose) because your only adding more fuel to the fire...just a thought

A few facts about this game...

4. This game is a huge rivalry game because: most of the coaching staff at EHS previously worked for MBA, and many of the kids that would have gone to MBA are now going to EHS.

You may want to double check your facts. MBA has noticed little impact in their admissions department. I believe the numbers from last year's seventh grade were something along the lines of 115 out of 117 admitted students enrolled in classes at MBA. I would even argue to the contrary that few of the EHS players were ever likely to attend MBA, particularly the players who are carrying the team.

Okay, I have a couple of questions for everyone.

1. What is all this business about all of our kids being rich snobs? It was well responded to that not one guy on the Ensworth team drives a range rover but secondly a good number of people at ensworth are on financial aid and I think that perhaps 3-4 of our starters live in Belle Meade. And in any case that has absolutely nothing to do with football? It would be like saying that after the Titans lost a game all the dudes would be crying driving home in their ferrari's. That's just trash talk which doesn't have any place in this game becaue both the schools are incredibly similar in terms of socio-economic background as well as strenght of schedule, and are in fact absolutely the same in record.

2. What's all this about stealing coaches from MBA? did anyone ever stop to think that there could be a different reason for people moving from MBA to EHS? I've talked to a number of coaches about their personal moves and I know that Coach Caudill considers himself first and foremost a math teacher and I know that Coach Whitfield doesn't feel like he does anything for the football team really. I also know that even if we had bought anyone out it is nothing that MBA wouldn't have done. I mean give me a break they aren't poor and if they could have they would have payed to keep all these guys and to get someone like Coach Pack. So that's some bull.

So past these irrelevancies the fact of the matter is that this game comes down to the players in the game, because both teams are wonderfully coached and will both call good plays at good times so it's just about who breaks big runs and who makes big stops. My prediction of an EHS win by less than a touchdown has not changed but honestly i have a hard time thinking of a game scenario which would surprise me.

You talk about those posts being irrelevant yet you still type up a full page essay which brings it all up again. Let it go. It came from someone who obviously was just trying to stir up ignorant people like yourself, who think that it was a serious statement.