Mid Tennessee Classic

play4keeps

While I didn't get any results from Siegel for Friday night, here were their pools for Sat. morning:

Pool A (1st Place Teams)

GPS

Centennial

Huntsville

Independence

Pool B (2nd Place Teams)

Siegel

Knoxville Catholic

Germantown

Wilson Central

Pool C (3rd Place Teams)

Collierville

Smyrna

LaVergne

Stone Memorial

Pool D (4th Place Teams)

CPA

BGA

Pope John Paul II

Riverdale

Results for Sat. Pool Play at Blackman

Pool E (1st Place Teams)

Father Ryan d. Ensworth by forfeit 2-0 (25-0, 25-0)

Houston d. Ensworth by forfeit 2-0 (25-0, 25-0)

Dobyns-Bennett d. Father Ryan 2-1 (21-25, 27-25, 15-11)

Father Ryan d. Houston 2-0 (25-12, 25-13)

Dobyns-Bennett d. Ensworth 2-0 (25-17, 25-11)

Dobyns-Bennett d. Houston 2-0 (25-21, 25-23)

Pool E Finish:

1 Dobyns-Bennett 3-0

2 Father Ryan 2-1

3 Houston 1-2

4 Ensworth 0-3

Pool F (2nd Place Teams)

Franklin d. Blackman 2-1 (25-14, 22-25, 15-13)

Ooltewah d. Franklin 2-0 (25-14, 25-15)

Blackman d. Cookeville 2-1 (25-20, 19-25, 15-13)

Ooltewah d. Blackman 2-0 (25-15, 25-22)

Cookeville d. Franklin 2-0 (25-19, 25-19)

Ooltewah d. Cookeville 2-0 (25-22, 25-14)

Pool F Finish:

1 Ooltewah 3-0

2 Cookeville 1-2

3 Blackman 1-2

4 Franklin 1-2

Pool G (3rd Place Teams)

Chat. Christ. d. St. Agnes 2-1 (25-22, 20-25, 15-10)

Lebanon d. St. Agnes 2-1 (25-20, 11-25, 15-12)

Bartlett d. Chat. Christ. 2-0 (25-18, 26-24)

Lebanon d. Chat. Christ. 2-0 (25-23, 25-17)

Bartlett d. St. Agnes 2-0 (25-17, 25-16)

Lebanon d. Bartlett 2-0 (7-25, 25-18, 15-9)

Pool G Finish:

1 Lebanon 3-0

2 Bartlett 2-1

3 Chat. Christ. 1-2

4 St. Agnes 0-3

Pool H (4th Place Teams)

Eagleville d. Trigg Co. 2-0 (25-5, 25-10)

Eagleville d. USN 2-0 (25-14, 25-12)

Summertown d. Trigg Co. 2-0 (25-15, 25-18)

USN d. Trigg Co. 2-0 (25-23, 25-13)

Eagleville d. Summertown 2-1 (15-25, 25-20, 15-13)

USN d. Summertown 2-0 (25-23, 27-25)

Pool H Finish:

1 Eagleville 3-0

2 USN 2-1

3 Summertown 1-2

4 Trigg Co. 0-3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the results of the Silver Bracket played at Siegel - Special thanks to Eagleville parent Debra Lamb for bringing them by Blackman to me on her way home:

1st Round:

LaVergne d. Trigg Co.

Pope John Paul II d. St Agnes

Smyrna d. USN

Bartlett d. Riverdale

Stone Memorial d. Summertown

BGA d. Chat. Christ.

Lebanon d. CPA

Collierville d. Eagleville

Quarter-Finals:

LaVergne d. PJPII

Smyrna d. Bartlett

Stone Memorial d. BGA

Collierville d. Lebanon

Semi-Finals:

Smyrna d. Lavergne

Stone Memorial d. Collierville

Finals:

Stone Memorial d. Smyrna

Gold Bracket Results:

1st Round:

Huntsville d. Franklin 2-0 (25-16, 25-10)

Siegel d. Ensworth 2-0 (25-20, 25-?)

Independence d. Cookeville 2-0 (25-17, 25-23)

Father Ryan d. Wilson Central 2-0 (25-13, 25-21)

Centennial d. Blackman 2-0 (25-16, 25-17)

Houston d. Knoxville Catholic 2-1 (25-19, 20-25, 15-12)

Dobyns-Bennett d. Germantown 2-0 (25-16, 25-17)

Ooltewah d. GPS 2-1 (26-28, 25-16, 15-13)

Quarter-Finals:

Huntsville d. Siegel 2-0 (25-16, 25-15)

Father Ryan d. Independence 2-1 (26-28, 25-18, 15-10)

Centennial d. Houston 2-0 (25-18, 25-21)

Ooltewah d. Dobyns-Bennett 2-0 (25-16, 25-21)

Semi-Finals:

Huntsville d. Father Ryan 2-0 (25-15, 25-18)

Centennial d. Ooltewah 2-1 (13-25, 25-20, 15-13)

Finals:

Huntsville d. Centennial 2-0 (25-17, 25-16)

Final Comments:

Thanks to all the people at Blackman and especially Coach Mary Dayton for a great tournament. This tournament has become one of the premier events in Middle TN as the teams get their final tune-ups for the upcoming district tournaments and onward towards the State Tournament. The play of most of the teams was very good and the matches were very competitive especially in the brackets. The only problem I observed was the limited seating in the Auxiliary Gym, but everyone made the best of it. I did not make it to Siegel, but I'm sure they did an equally good job at their site. It's a hard job hosting a 32 team tournament and eveyone should offer their thanks to both Blackman and Siegel. I hope to attend next year's event and maybe my team will make the field. Good luck to all the teams in post season play starting next week with the district tournaments.

Final Comments:

Thanks to all the people at Blackman and especially Coach Mary Dayton for a great tournament. This tournament has become one of the premier events in Middle TN as the teams get their final tune-ups for the upcoming district tournaments and onward towards the State Tournament. The play of most of the teams was very good and the matches were very competitive especially in the brackets. The only problem I observed was the limited seating in the Auxiliary Gym, but everyone made the best of it. I did not make it to Siegel, but I'm sure they did an equally good job at their site. It's a hard job hosting a 32 team tournament and eveyone should offer their thanks to both Blackman and Siegel. I hope to attend next year's event and maybe my team will make the field. Good luck to all the teams in post season play starting next week with the district tournaments.

I agree PAGEMAN, we were at Blackman the whole time but Mary and the Blackman parents did a great job and all were friendly, etc. It was nice to have a tournament without controversy!!! Huntsville was clearly the best team but hats off to Centennial for a great run and the Lady Irish as well. Now it's time to get on that "Road to the Boro"

Good luck this week in the districts. Should be great battles!!!

We (Knox Catholic) had a good time also even though we didnt play that well. With a MB out and our setter playing injured it just never really came together. Our freshman setter did a great job Friday even though she was thrown into the fire. It was a great experience for her.

The facilities are as always top-notch (the Siegel auxiliary gym was a bit tight though). In my wheelchair I found both schools were well set up for the wheelchair-bound.

It was nice to meet Play4Keeps and put a face with the name. Pageman was (as always) running back and forth to the four courts trying to get game scores. We spoke briefly, then woosh, he was off again to the main gym. I dont know anyone as dedicated to getting information for this site. Thanks PageMan. NO one else does (or can do) what you do. Amazing!

I do think we were the only AA team in the gold bracket. Correct me if I am wrong. It was a good setup for the upcoming run to the 'Boro, if we make it thru Districts. With Stone, CAK and AC to contend with we must be at the top of our game to advance.

Oh, 5-SportDad, my daughter did play. She needed the work after being out almost two weeks with mono. She did ok, but was exhausted after it was over.

You are correct nice really nice field... Look for Huntsville to be in the finals...... against Centennial

now, can anyone give me a scouting report on Trigg County? Thanks

had to move this prediction back to the front... I'll be prognosticating the state next wekk!!!

I do think we were the only AA team in the gold bracket. Correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct, KCDaddy, KC was the only A-AA team in the Gold Bracket. The other A-AA teams of Eagleville, Summertown, and Stone Memorial were in the Silver Bracket at Siegel. Stone did win the Silver Bracket over Smyrna to show well, but Eagleville and Summertown both lost out in the 1st round.

I, too, enjoyed visiting everybody. KCDaddy, your daughter was playing really well this weekend and congrats to her on her Senior season. It was nice to meet you. As always, Pageman did an amazing job keeping up with everything going on and BB -- well, you ARE the master prognosticator! (BTW, congrats on Sunday's win /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> too. )

Good luck to everyone as we head into Districts this week. We will be in Smyrna tonight to play Beech at 4pm. I will post the 9AAA brackets separately.

had to move this prediction back to the front... I'll be prognosticating the state next week!!!

Good call on the Huntville vs Centennial in the finals, bb317. Looking forward to more of your visions from the crystal ball. Good luck in the Div. II regionals - send me the schedule.

We (Knox Catholic) had a good time also even though we didnt play that well. With a MB out and our setter playing injured it just never really came together. Our freshman setter did a great job Friday even though she was thrown into the fire. It was a great experience for her.

The facilities are as always top-notch (the Siegel auxiliary gym was a bit tight though). In my wheelchair I found both schools were well set up for the wheelchair-bound.

It was nice to meet Play4Keeps and put a face with the name. Pageman was (as always) running back and forth to the four courts trying to get game scores. We spoke briefly, then woosh, he was off again to the main gym. I dont know anyone as dedicated to getting information for this site. Thanks PageMan. NO one else does (or can do) what you do. Amazing!

I do think we were the only AA team in the gold bracket. Correct me if I am wrong. It was a good setup for the upcoming run to the 'Boro, if we make it thru Districts. With Stone, CAK and AC to contend with we must be at the top of our game to advance.

Oh, 5-SportDad, my daughter did play. She needed the work after being out almost two weeks with mono. She did ok, but was exhausted after it was over.

KCDaddy-O,

Well, I'm disappointed that we couldn't be there, but we had other things going on (football game(s), JV tournament, team meeting/party, etc., etc.).

We did, however, have a person or two ( /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> 's) in attendance that did give us a report...or two. On film y'all don't...nevermind. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good luck during the 'second' season. Hope to see you soon!

bb317,

In a 32-team tourney? Get outta here! That's UNbelievable! (Shhh...please keep this on the 'down low,' but, since you're on a roll, how do you see us (Greenbrier) doing the rest of the way?)