Hampton v/s Grace

bulldog2000

The fact is the Jaynes kid ran off at the mouth in the paper without thinking about his words. Minus the fumbles, the dogs played a fantastic ballgame. You don't pile up over 500 yards of offense without your line doing a good job. Fumbles happen and Grace is a good offensive team. Everyone expects Hampton to completely demolish every one they play, but its not going to happen. Other teams prepare well. Hampton's line dominated and its hard to contain a good passing team, but they did a pretty good job in the second half. That kid needs to be careful in choosing his words, because they were a little extreme. Now, he'll have to face his teammates and acknowledge his mistake.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is the Jaynes kid ran off at the mouth in the paper without thinking about his words. Minus the fumbles, the dogs played a fantastic ballgame. You don't pile up over 500 yards of offense without your line doing a good job. Fumbles happen and Grace is a good offensive team. Everyone expects Hampton to completely demolish every one they play, but its not going to happen. Other teams prepare well. Hampton's line dominated and its hard to contain a good passing team, but they did a pretty good job in the second half. That kid needs to be careful in choosing his words, because they were a little extreme. Now, he'll have to face his teammates and acknowledge his mistake.

King are from cloudland or hampton? imo you played for lunsford at cloudland and root for cloudland,but you just want the lunsford's to do good at hampton. am i anywhere in the ballpark? lol

King are from cloudland or hampton? imo you played for lunsford at cloudland and root for cloudland,but you just want the lunsford's to do good at hampton. am i anywhere in the ballpark? lol

I played for Lunsford at Cloudland. I pull for Hampton until they play Cloudland. The schools are so close together, they will probably be consolidated in the future. I want to see Lil Mike do well because he's a good kid and shouldn't have been the brunt of the attacks of angry Cloudland fans. I was angry that big Mike left cloudland (Just look at some of my rants back in 05), but I believe we all have accepted the fact that he is gone. Cloudland football is in pretty good hands right now. It won't be long before they are back on top again.

Josh McCouryTHE KINGstoooorrrrmmm55 Whoooooo!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am not one to post much, but i thought i might put my two cents worth in. I wish that everyone would stop hounding on Jaynes. The kid played hard and had a rough night holding onto the ball. If you dont think he feels bad enough already critizing his comments are not going to help. How about showing some encouragment to him and all the boys on the team. Yes they all did come out and play flat. This team from Grace wasnt that bad of a ball club either and they probably had alot to do with us playing flat. This Hampton team has a problem with lining up speed on speed. Big man vs big man we win 9 out of 10 if not all 10. These boys dont need the fans to single out players. Thats for the coaching staff to do and they will. People these boys have a good shot at going all the way. Just please dont single out players for things they screw up on that from the coaching staff and their teamates to do when it needs to be done. Good luck boys....... play hard and dont worry about what happend last game think about the next.....Cosby... time for us to all move on...

Yes they all did come out and play flat.

didn't you go to the game? the line manhandled Grace the whole night. hampton marched straight down the field and scored on their first possession and scored. on their second possession, they were doing the same thing but then they fumbled. the line manhandled grace all night. they definately showed up...

didn't you go to the game? the line manhandled Grace the whole night. hampton marched straight down the field and scored on their first possession and scored. on their second possession, they were doing the same thing but then they fumbled. the line manhandled grace all night. they definately showed up...

the line did man handle grace the whole nite. hampton didnt have a problem moving the ball, however that dont do much good when youre coughing it up every posession. that might have been a good call letting lunsford carry the ball now that i think about it because he does hang on to it. i believe i would have put the ball in the air a little more the passing was working pretty good on them. milhorn would definately help the fumbling situation if they could get him about 10 to 12 carries a game it would help all of the backs, and they wouldnt be fumbling as much with less carries. hopefully they will start rotating milhorn in there at rb some come playoff time. but coaches know best i'm just giving my two cents on the matter.

Hey pujo, How did your lil guys do this weekend. It was burning hot over here Saturday, we had two very lil boys puke on the field. First time I have ever seen an offical time out to clean the ball! Gotta love 6 yr olds!

Those 5 and 6 year olds may be the funniest and funist bunch of all. As for our team ,we won 31 to 0. They have a mercy rule in our league. We scored our last TD on the opening kickoff in the second half ans we never got the ball back..That mercy rule is very unmerciful, the other team took a pounding the whole second half. Its tough on those backs to line up and run play after play when they are getting the tar knocked out of them on every single play. The outher team couldn't even get enough for a 1st down. I think it would be better if they just turned off the scoreboard . That would be the merciful thing to do. We've been fortunate that we've never had to go through something like that , but I don't think I could enjoy that at all. We did play our smallest and youngest guys but it didn't help much at all. We only have 17 players and they all play hard as heck.

the line did man handle grace the whole nite. hampton didnt have a problem moving the ball, however that dont do much good when youre coughing it up every posession. that might have been a good call letting lunsford carry the ball now that i think about it because he does hang on to it. i believe i would have put the ball in the air a little more the passing was working pretty good on them. milhorn would definately help the fumbling situation if they could get him about 10 to 12 carries a game it would help all of the backs, and they wouldnt be fumbling as much with less carries. hopefully they will start rotating milhorn in there at rb some come playoff time. but coaches know best i'm just giving my two cents on the matter.

They just might have a coursre in hanging on to the football. Ialso think we could have padded someones stats if we would have thrown the ball more. I think he was 8 of 9 for somewhere around 130 yards, the one we missed shoud have been a TD. The way we were fumbling ,it might have been the safest thing to do. These coaches are interested in one thing,thats winning with whoever can get the job done. It seems to be someone different about every week, thats a good thing. None of our people are going to have big stats at the end of the year. I do think we were going to use Milhorn more in the backfield the outher night ,but he was just to sick. We all need to quit pointing fingers at this one and that one, its not healthy for the team, and we may be teaching them to do the same thing. They sure don't need to start that kind of stuff, I hope the coaches can nip it in the bud. We have the players to go pretty far, but the only way we can do it is as a team.

Those 5 and 6 year olds may be the funniest and funist bunch of all. As for our team ,we won 31 to 0. They have a mercy rule in our league. We scored our last TD on the opening kickoff in the second half ans we never got the ball back..That mercy rule is very unmerciful, the other team took a pounding the whole second half. Its tough on those backs to line up and run play after play when they are getting the tar knocked out of them on every single play. The outher team couldn't even get enough for a 1st down. I think it would be better if they just turned off the scoreboard . That would be the merciful thing to do. We've been fortunate that we've never had to go through something like that , but I don't think I could enjoy that at all. We did play our smallest and youngest guys but it didn't help much at all. We only have 17 players and they all play hard as heck.

Yeah, the lil fellers are funny. As For the bigger boys ...Man, Congrats on the win! It's tough when your team is that much better than another. Especially just wanting to play hard. There's nothing you can do as a coach.

Those are tough games. I hate to see teams that play up to the better folks and down to the less talented groups. Good to see your boys playing tough across the board! Have a good week of practice.

i almost laughed when i read the paper today i seen what dustin jaynes said. he said that the line didnt show up. hahahaha. they line played excellent. they opened up holes the whole night. if i was the players on the line, i would be very mad. it seems like he was trying to blame his mistakes on the line or somethin. maybe he should just quit laying the ball down on the ground. thank god D.R. recovered the one in the end zone...

I think the line played very well,but i think we need to cut jaynes some slack,he always tells his line how good a job they did,i dont think he ment it the way he said it.

I think the line played very well,but i think we need to cut jaynes some slack,he always tells his line how good a job they did,i dont think he ment it the way he said it.

He also included the backs, I thought they all played hard. We just fumbled the ball, it wasn't just Dustin Jaynes either. If we can ever have a complete game ,we'll be a pretty good team, we have not played up to our potential yet. I hope our best comes when we need it the worst.