Public School Recruiting...

JaxMan

I always strive to be fair and open minded in my posts...so let me say up front I am a private school supporter and this may have affected my biasis....but at JCS I have seen several cases through the years where a student left our private school and filed a hardship for good reasons and was allowed to play at a public school with no sit out time required...I have seen several cases of students who left public or other private schools and filed a hardship for good reasons and not once have tehy been allowed to play without sitting out a year...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with several posts...there should be no 'recruiting' rules. I have 2 reasons.

The first is that they are extremely 1 sided...against privates. Good rules are not aimed at a subset of any organization...they are equally applicable to all.

The second is that as they are currently written they are virtually impossible to enforce. The TSSAA would have to have an agent in every school 24-7 to have any chance of enforcement. So what really happens is that the honest people are put at a disadvantage as they strive to abide by the rules while the dishonest people continue to do what they do and not get caught. Any rule (or set of rules) that punishes honesty and encourages cheaters is NOT a good set of rules.

Take all the undue influence rules out. That way, if coach X wants to win badly enough to show up at every little league game in town and talk to parents about athletics his extra commitment is rewarded. If coach Y is a lazy butt and sits at home all day on the weekends he gets what he deserves.

there is a simple solution...any school shwo take sthe students in there zone and only there zone is fine...any schools that does not have a difined zone which would include privates and and public who has even 1 kid out of their zone wither they pay a fee or not get a multiplier...there is no perfect solution, but that one is the closest to it...any school who offers aid to cover that fee or tutition should be in Division 2 weather public or private

there is a simple solution...any school shwo take sthe students in there zone and only there zone is fine...any schools that does not have a difined zone which would include privates and and public who has even 1 kid out of their zone wither they pay a fee or not get a multiplier...there is no perfect solution, but that one is the closest to it...any school who offers aid to cover that fee or tutition should be in Division 2 weather public or private

Who sets the zones?

And this is just another way of saying the small privates get multiplied and so do the open zoned publics, right? Because the small privates are going to always have kids from outside their 'zone'...unless it is 60 miles in every direction.

the zones can be set by the public school in question...they have to risk going to a higher classifification by too big a zone...the advantnage comes when they set a zone and then take kids from outside that zone...that is when they should have a multiplier

Did I hear somebody calling for me????? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

your right with a total split th emultipler would be less necessary...but if a total spilt occurs I think open school zones should be spilt out as well...thry have the same basic advantade of not being limited by a zone

Or just multiply open zone or tuiton paying publics too. That should be done...or do away with the multiplier. Open zone publics in higher populated areas have the same advantage as small privates in higher populated areas.