Public School Recruiting...

JaxMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we all know how the evil privates recruit...this thread is an honest look into recruiting in public schools...do they...do you know examples of kids playing for a public outside their zone...let's hear it...

Nah.....old wives tale. Public schools play by the rules. Not like the "Evil Empire" private schools.

it is kind of interesting to me...I have read and posted on coach t for many years...and over and over read posts by a public school against another public that accused them of recruiting...look at this public/private thread and see the bottom post at least was a comment about Adamsville recruiting...the list of schools (public) accused of it has been lengthy...but when It is asked about by a private school supporter every one is sudeenly mute...my feelings all along has been it happens by dishonest people on both sides...public and private...and that their are honest prople on both sides...public and private...but since that proves you will never make a multiplier big enough to solve it and that seperating all privates won't solve it...suddenly no one wants to talk about publics who recruit...

it is kind of interesting to me...I have read and posted on coach t for many years...and over and over read posts by a public school against another public that accused them of recruiting...look at this public/private thread and see the bottom post at least was a comment about Adamsville recruiting...the list of schools (public) accused of it has been lengthy...but when It is asked about by a private school supporter every one is sudeenly mute...my feelings all along has been it happens by dishonest people on both sides...public and private...and that their are honest prople on both sides...public and private...but since that proves you will never make a multiplier big enough to solve it and that seperating all privates won't solve it...suddenly no one wants to talk about publics who recruit...

I am not real familiar with the recruiting stage in publics, as I have been defending the privates on this board since '02. So, this really happens? How do they do it, regarding getting a kid in out of the school zone...... The posts from several weeks ago regarding the Alcoa kid who was busted for drugs showed his home as a Knoxville address. This fellow was really good. How does he live in Knoxville and go to Alcoa?

All that a zone public school has to do if they are dishonest is use a different address that matches up in the school zone that you want the athlete to be eligible in. This does occur and is similiar to what some private schools do when they arrange for someone outside the school to pay the tuition of an athlete so that it does not look like financial aid. Both are wrong but unfortunately both are done.

The truth is that publics CAN take kids from anywhere and it is perfectly legal. If school x has room for Johnny Stud all Johnny has to do is ask for a class that his current school does not have and school x does...bingo! Instant legal transfer. NCLB and your tax dollars at work. The only schools that can't take any kids they want are the privates...the recruiting rules aren't aimed at and don't really affect the publics. Public High School coaches can go to any middle school in their district and recruit the heck out of the kids...if a private coach shows up it is illegal, even if the school is next door.

So, do publics illegally recruit, no. Because they can't. There are legal ways around all the rules for the publics.

The truth is that publics CAN take kids from anywhere and it is perfectly legal. If school x has room for Johnny Stud all Johnny has to do is ask for a class that his current school does not have and school x does...bingo! Instant legal transfer. NCLB and your tax dollars at work. The only schools that can't take any kids they want are the privates...the recruiting rules aren't aimed at and don't really affect the publics. Public High School coaches can go to any middle school in their district and recruit the heck out of the kids...if a private coach shows up it is illegal, even if the school is next door.

So, do publics illegally recruit, no. Because they can't. There are legal ways around all the rules for the publics.

We don't have any kids from outside Smith County.

Public schools recruting, /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

ABSOLUTELY!!! And, you have to be a total idiot to not know that. I've witnessed first hand how it's done, it's no BIG secret.

However, maybe it is more rampant in a county that has more than one high school in the same county??? I've seen parents work at a certain school just so their child can attend that school. Or, student can claim that they want to take a specific class that is offered at a local school & not at their school. Sometimes, parents will use a relatives address that is zoned for a particular school. And, I'm sure there are SEVERAL other ways for players to attend their school of choice.

My son is a decent ball player, I don't think he's going pro. Before entering high school we had multiple coaches approach us in regards to having our son play with them. This was the same experience some of his team mates had with the public school coaches. NOT 1 PRIVATE SCHOOL COACH ever tried to talk to us!!!! So you tell me WHO is doing the recruiting?????

Public schools recruting, /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

ABSOLUTELY!!! And, you have to be a total idiot to not know that. I've witnessed first hand how it's done, it's no BIG secret.

However, maybe it is more rampant in a county that has more than one high school in the same county??? I've seen parents work at a certain school just so their child can attend that school. Or, student can claim that they want to take a specific class that is offered at a local school & not at their school. Sometimes, parents will use a relatives address that is zoned for a particular school. And, I'm sure there are SEVERAL other ways for players to attend their school of choice.

My son is a decent ball player, I don't think he's going pro. Before entering high school we had multiple coaches approach us in regards to having our son play with them. This was the same experience some of his team mates had with the public school coaches. NOT 1 PRIVATE SCHOOL COACH ever tried to talk to us!!!! So you tell me WHO is doing the recruiting?????

I would say your kid isn't good enough to start at a competitive private school.