Karns @ Jefferson County

Warlock

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 87 team will be meeting in the commons area before the game, around 5:30 or so, and then be honored on the field either before the game or at halftime.

Anyway, while i was going back through some archives, the 87 JCHS team finished the season ranked 4th in the USA Today Super 25 poll, still the highest a team from Tennessee has been ranked in the final poll. They were also ranked fifth in the country by ESPN and secnd by the National Prep Poll.

Jefferson is 5-1, Maury is 0-6, White Pine is 4-0, Rush Strong is 1-4.

Jefferson plays at Maury Tuesday, White Pine at Rush Strong on October 11.

Jefferson and White Pine are developing the kids nicely, all 22 of JMS starters are eighth graders, both schools should contribute a large number to another successful freshman team next season. Rush Strong has a few talented athletes, losing a lot of close games. Maury...well they are getting blown out by everyone.

Jefferson will probably play a couple extra games after the regular season is over, if they finish second in the conference and qualify for the "playoffs". I would like to see Jeff and White Pine play myself though. Coach Ellis and his staff at WP have done a great job of getting the players out and putting exciting football on the field the past few years.

The 87 team will be meeting in the commons area before the game, around 5:30 or so, and then be honored on the field either before the game or at halftime.

Anyway, while i was going back through some archives, the 87 JCHS team finished the season ranked 4th in the USA Today Super 25 poll, still the highest a team from Tennessee has been ranked in the final poll. They were also ranked fifth in the country by ESPN and secnd by the National Prep Poll.

Jefferson is 5-1, Maury is 0-6, White Pine is 4-0, Rush Strong is 1-4.

Jefferson plays at Maury Tuesday, White Pine at Rush Strong on October 11.

Jefferson and White Pine are developing the kids nicely, all 22 of JMS starters are eighth graders, both schools should contribute a large number to another successful freshman team next season. Rush Strong has a few talented athletes, losing a lot of close games. Maury...well they are getting blown out by everyone.

Jefferson will probably play a couple extra games after the regular season is over, if they finish second in the conference and qualify for the "playoffs". I would like to see Jeff and White Pine play myself though. Coach Ellis and his staff at WP have done a great job of getting the players out and putting exciting football on the field the past few years.

DZ, is it a lack of talent thing at Maury, or something else? 0-6 sounds very un-Maurylike

Now, why would you have the 87 team back at Homecoming? Wouldn't it have been better to have them at another game as a drawing card, rather than squeeze homecoming events?

And yes, for those of you know whom I am, I have a little biased opinion on this, but still, I think it would make more sense to honor the 87 team at another game.

Anyway - GO Pats! And you know what they say, you can't be a Patriot without a beaing a RIOT! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

DZ or anyone else know anything about the rumor of mcfall transferring next year?

Haven't heard that. McFall is going through a lot of adversity right now off the field, he has shown a lot to play tough like he has. I wish him and his family the best, I know they are proud of him.

I got to watch the second half of the Cocke Co. game the other night, looked like the boys played hard and it would have been domination if we hung onto the ball. Gotta cut down on the turnovers.

Proud of the boys and Coach Gut, he sounded like a leader on the TV.

Just talked to a guy at practice. Said he will ask McFall and let me know.

Stay tuned.

I would say that is all it is, a rumor.

That is like everything else that everyone around here thrives on, a RUMOR. McFall is not going anywhere, and i dont understand why people continually want to stir the pot with these topics. That is all this team needs, is too worry about whether or not their friends and teammates are going to transfer or not based on an off the wall rumor. Take care of business tonight men and lets work to that postseason berth. good luck tonight..

That is like everything else that everyone around here thrives on, a RUMOR. McFall is not going anywhere, and i dont understand why people continually want to stir the pot with these topics. That is all this team needs, is too worry about whether or not their friends and teammates are going to transfer or not based on an off the wall rumor. Take care of business tonight men and lets work to that postseason berth. good luck tonight..

Amen to that.

Boy no kidding, talk about distraction city. Type of question that should be saved for the off season, if at all. Hate to bang on you IamKing, but no good situation can come from bringing that question up at this point in the season, even if its true.