Elizabethton @ East?

orange and black

O.K. Ill say it it when do we make changes and try some other kids at different positions? Nothing we did against DB gave us a chance! If you cant run inside and cant throw the ball if Im on defense you know its coming outside! When you run the ball on 3rd and 13 up the middle you know your passing game is bad! I may be wrong but tell me one positive that came out of the DB game!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. Ill say it it when do we make changes and try some other kids at different positions? Nothing we did against DB gave us a chance! If you cant run inside and cant throw the ball if Im on defense you know its coming outside! When you run the ball on 3rd and 13 up the middle you know your passing game is bad! I may be wrong but tell me one positive that came out of the DB game!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Cyclones JV can play with DB's JV....that's about the only positive I can think of. Whether the problem is the cyclone qback or the offensive line or both, I just feel sad for the couple of good receivers who have no chance to catch the ball because the pass never even comes close to them.

one good thing that came out of the DB game is that none of the players were hurt. as far as the game, i don't feel it said anything about either team. DB is not a great team because they won. and the Cyclones aren't as bad as the score may have made it seem. i would say the same if UT was able to manage a win against carson newman. the game would say nothing about either team. exept maybe one got a bigger than usual paycheck. but that is another thread altogether. for Elizabethton to be competitive with DB they need everything to go their way at the same time DB has things go against them. without this no one should be suprised by the outcome. it is why MTSU doesn't play Florida every year. sorry if this offends anyone but it is just how i see it.

as far as the Cyclones this year it is not one of their stronger years. great bunch of kids top to bottom. they are adjusting to a new system, new attitude, new workout program, playing 2 5A teams during the process. in short they are rebuilding. the coaches are doing a great job and the kids are getting better from it. the furture looks bright. Rome wasn't built in a day and niether will the Cyclones.

as far as the JV team they are a great bunch. many have played together for years and seem to be getting better. they have had great coaching since they were in peewee and it shows. i believe if they stay focused and disiplined they have a great future. they are excited by whats going on now despite the losses. personally i will try to keep them focused on the positives rather than try to distract them with negatives. this is a learning year for them. hope they have a big game tomorrow. maybe this year the refs will avoid making game changing imaginary calls. somehow i doubt they will though. like i said everything needs to go their way. last year it almost did.

looking forward to good game this weekend for the varsity. it will say more of how things are progressing.

GO CYCLONES

As a neutral in the Elizabethton situation, I have never understood why elizabethton didn't go after an established coach, don't get me wrong Witten was as good player but that don't mean he is a good coach. Does the team seem to be improving or is this just another hire him because of who he his family is?

The best athlete on the field is not being used enough and it's not the coaches fault. They have tried to get the ball into his hands but for whatever reason - you all see the same games I do. What if you put him behind center maybe a third or 50 percent of the time and run a spread option with Price, Carr and those speedy sophomores? There is enough speed between Fuqua, Price, Carr, Itaro, Forbes and Eryasa running the football that people in this conference would have a hard time controlling. Fuqua with the wide pitch or tuck it and go would kick people's butts.

If Cloudland can go to the Class 1-A State Championship with a running athlete back in the backfield, the same kid win a Mr. Football two years later, then Fuqua - who is hands down one of the best athletes I've seen - could do it and be dangerous even if it's just used 30-40 percent of the team. That's just my opinion. I'm not a coach. I don't claim to be, but judging what I've seen I honestly believe it would be effective. I saw some tape from Sullivan East-Unaka and looking at the East defense, with respect to that program, they could not stop a spread rushing attack.

That being said, I'm not saying anything bad about the current quarterback. He is a good kid and the community should support him. He's done some good things this year. I'm just saying adding a little bit of razzle and dazzle wouldn't hurt things.

I agree with what someone said earlier, this week's game will be more of a gauge as to how much the team's improved and how they stack up with the rest of the conference. Everybody have a good week!

As a neutral in the Elizabethton situation, I have never understood why elizabethton didn't go after an established coach, don't get me wrong Witten was as good player but that don't mean he is a good coach. Does the team seem to be improving or is this just another hire him because of who he his family is?

You might be right. A toss up in this one

Here is the problem with Elizabethton football! It in not the coaching staff, or the players. It is the MONEY HUNGRY powers that control the class they play in. If Elizabethton played in the 3A, or 2A class they would be in the hunt every year. Why they play DB, Science Hill, and other 4A power houses???? Because they have to! It is all about MONEY!!! Not the kids! Play in the class you should and you will have a winner, and the money will follow! I know the kids are tired of getting beat up every Friday!WAKE UP!!!Elizabethton fans!! It is time to change your way of thinking from MONEY to the KIDS!!!!

RIPPER