Science Hill @ Knox Bearden

topvol98

Hilltoppers @ Bulldogs  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Hilltoppers @ Bulldogs

Cap1, I look for your help here and I ask that this dialouge stay between you and myself seeing as this is the Science Hill and Bearden thread rather than a DB/TH, TH/SH, or DB/SH thread. I understand through the 'media', as topvol98 states, that SH has more athletes than TH and DB, apparently on both offense and defense. From your experience with the TH/DB game and the TH/SH and the 'media' you may have come across concerning DB since the TH/DB game. What is your honest opinion about the competitiveness of the DB/SH game in week 10?

IMO it could very well be a shootout. To be honest with you I see DB in the same light that I saw THS coming into this game with the exception that they will more than likely be favored. They need to play mistake free on both sides of the ball and the defense will have to have a real good game to keep Solomen from lighting up the scoreboard because he can do it on any given carry. I know you have played against speed and athleticism already this year (and that will pay dividends in this game) but non like this…that’s a bet. If SH makes the change at QB and adjusts their game plan accordingly; control of the line of scrimmage will be key.

DB on the other hand sounds like they have found a grove. I met the Sensebaugh kid this summer at a b-ball tournament and know first hand that he is a beast and will make an immediate impact. DB will have to find a way to find an air attack to keep SH LB’s honest. If they are allowed to stand in the box all night it will be slim pickings inside the tackles for the running game as it was for us. Bottom line depth of talent has to weigh in the Hilltoppers favor this year (they have kids that only play special teams that would start at most schools) but coaching and experience is off the charts in favor of DB. Clark and crew are the masters of defensive adjustments IMO and Smith will not be able to keep up. If coach Smith doesn’t try to over coach his team this will be another classic. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Sorry Top...I tried to keep to the SH theme. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with that but it's been about two months, in a scrimmage, since you have seen Science Hill and just like the Hurricane...we are not exactly the same team that took the field that game. Bearden is going to be a tall order but they are still going to have to take the game on the field.

No disrespect. I know it has been a while and I am stating what I saw as far as overall talent. SH has a few 5 star guys and bearden has a bunch of 3 and 4 star guys. You are right, the CANES are not the same bunch from preseason. Our avarage age of starter dropped from about 17.5 to about 16 yrs old.

No disrespect. I know it has been a while and I am stating what I saw as far as overall talent. SH has a few 5 star guys and bearden has a bunch of 3 and 4 star guys. You are right, the CANES are not the same bunch from preseason. Our avarage age of starter dropped from about 17.5 to about 16 yrs old.

None taken.....I just think that there have been some position changes with the Toppers that you haven't seen that's all. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your all good.....besides with no Bearden fans talking it's just a Topper thread anyways. Anyone knows where to listen to the Bulldog radio broadcast ?

I usually check out the broadcast link at Murphy Fair

http://www.murphyfair.com/broadcasts.html

It shows FM 90.3 WUTK but looking at the link I have doubts because they don't list Bulldog games on there website.

Good luck

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Laughable? Why because i know what i'm talking about and i know the Toppers better than anyone in the state of Tennessee? c'mon topvol98 lets hear somethin and GO GATORS Im wearing a gator jacket and tee shirt right now

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........... just smileys? Whats gonna happen Friday? Who is going to show up in the SH @ Bearden game? I'm curious to hear topvol's opinion

This is a different offense than in the past. I think the job the line has done has been tremendous job and don't get enough recognition for what they have been doing. I'm sure the playcalling is different than the JV but Coach Miller has really shaped this line into one of the most consistent units on the team. Keep up the good work Oline /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I did not say they were doing a bad job rather they have yet to take control of the line of scrimmage but to say they have done a temendous job is way over the top. Take the time to watch the game in the trenches and you will see what I am talking about as there is little to no surge. As far as play calling is concerned Coach Smith has done a good job in bringing consistency in the offense and defense philosophy from the 8th grade to the varsity ( and I hear the 7th grade but I have yet to make it to an Indian Trail game) which will pay dividends in the years to come. I don't post much but rest assured my posts come from an objective point of view and from what I have observed the Hill has talent in the OL that is being groomed and will help the offense in the years to come. Once some of the kids get into the game I'm sure you will see what I'm talking about or come out to a JV game and see for yourself.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........... just smileys? Whats gonna happen Friday? Who is going to show up in the SH @ Bearden game? I'm curious to hear topvol's opinion

Laughable? Why because i know what i'm talking about and i know the Toppers better than anyone in the state of Tennessee? c'mon topvol98 lets hear somethin and GO GATORS Im wearing a gator jacket and tee shirt right now

Why you worried about what I think if you know everything?