Science Hill @ Knox Bearden

topvol98

Hilltoppers @ Bulldogs  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Hilltoppers @ Bulldogs

No doubt that the Bullodogs enter this game as a huge favorite game. They were my favorite to win the confrence and nothing has changed that view. They have a ton of experince and this group of Toppers have never beaten them. After the Toppers loss to TN High and the impressive Bulldog win against Halls and the game being held in Knoxville, it looks like the Toppers could be in for a long night. It's a matchup of the two top ranked offenses and defenses in the confrence. In my opnion, this is for the confrence title since Campbell Co is the only other team in the confrence without a loss in league play.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the Toppers in person Friday, I think they will have a hard time against Beardan. I didn't see a Viking backer blocked yet and I would say the Bulldogs will will be even tougher in their front 7. By the way Toppers 44 and 51 can really play. #5 needs to learn he plays for the Hill and not himself. (when he is not playing for himself he is very good)

In my opnion, this is for the confrence title since Campbell Co is the only other team in the confrence without a loss in league play.

My opinion, and this is just my opinion, is this is for the conference LEAD, not title. I believe Science Hill still has a school named Dobyns Bennett on their schedule with the game in Kingsport. If you can't beat Colonial Heights or Bristol, can you really write Dobyns Bennett off as a win prematurely?

I believe conference #2 and #3 are decided the night of November 2nd in J.Fred Johnson Stadium.

Bearden by 17.

After seeing the Toppers in person Friday, I think they will have a hard time against Beardan. I didn't see a Viking backer blocked yet and I would say the Bulldogs will will be even tougher in their front 7. By the way Toppers 44 and 51 can really play. #5 needs to learn he plays for the Hill and not himself. (when he is not playing for himself he is very good)

I'm not too sure about the Bulldogs have a tougher front 7 but I haven't seen Bearden play. I think that TN High had the best front seven that we have seen so far. I think this game will serve as a good lesson of what needs to be done here forward. I believe the Tn High game was a carbon copy of the south game with the way that the offense let the defense out to dry but lucky for the Toppers that the Vikings were content with running the clock out as soon as they stepped on the field. I have been impressed with the way that Bearden has played defense this year and it's very tough to come outside of Knoxville and get a win because the refs call a different type of game down that way, imo. It's not like Tn High is a slouch and they didnt' blow us out but they got the W and we get a lil more resolve, now we will find out what it means.

Bearden runs a 4-4 defense and they have a great defensive line that can pass rush with the best of em'

No doubt that the Bullodogs enter this game as a huge favorite game. They were my favorite to win the confrence and nothing has changed that view. They have a ton of experince and this group of Toppers have never beaten them. After the Toppers loss to TN High and the impressive Bulldog win against Halls and the game being held in Knoxville, it looks like the Toppers could be in for a long night. It's a matchup of the two top ranked offenses and defenses in the confrence. In my opnion, this is for the confrence title since Campbell Co is the only other team in the confrence without a loss in league play.

topvol you be sure to get yourself a big crying towel before you come to J.Fred Stadium in a few weeks,because you are gonna need it.You have been on these threads since early Spring talking how The Hill is going to beat DB this year.THS and South both cleaned your clock.You haven't played any good 5A teams yet.Looking from atop that hill you are not seeing very far.Get yourself some binoculars and look towards Kgspt.Can't wait to see that top offense with Gilligan.Alias (The Green Lantern).

I'm not too sure about the Bulldogs have a tougher front 7 but I haven't seen Bearden play.

I have been impressed with the way that Bearden has played defense this year and it's very tough to come outside of Knoxville and get a win because the refs call a different type of game down that way, imo.

Bearden does have a good defense. Can't say its better or worse until Friday night around 10:30pm. But, I do say that since SH's spread offense seems to live or die by the quarterback, SH may be in for a long night. Unless SH's defense plays better than they did against TH, Bearden could pick them apart, their quarterback IS that good.

I wonder if Gilligan will revert back to the South again this week in Knoxville.

Now who's counting wins before the games are played, I am sure the boys in Maroon and Gray can use this for some motivation. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I'm not too sure about the Bulldogs have a tougher front 7 but I haven't seen Bearden play. I think that TN High had the best front seven that we have seen so far. I think this game will serve as a good lesson of what needs to be done here forward. I believe the Tn High game was a carbon copy of the south game with the way that the offense let the defense out to dry but lucky for the Toppers that the Vikings were content with running the clock out as soon as they stepped on the field. I have been impressed with the way that Bearden has played defense this year and it's very tough to come outside of Knoxville and get a win because the refs call a different type of game down that way, imo. It's not like Tn High is a slouch and they didnt' blow us out but they got the W and we get a lil more resolve, now we will find out what it means.

You stated that you "haven't seen Bearden play", but you "have been impressed with the way that Bearden has played defense this year" /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Hey WaCo, I believe we have a canidate for your "Moron of the week" award! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Also glad to see you have already started making your list of excuses for the game Friday! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You stated that you "haven't seen Bearden play", but you "have been impressed with the way that Bearden has played defense this year" /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Hey WaCo, I believe we have a canidate for your "Moron of the week" award! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Also glad to see you have already started making your list of excuses for the game Friday! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll try to type this really slow for you and you can do me a favor by reading it at that speed. There are these new things called media, they usually include the raido, newspapers, television and sometimes the internet. Using these "medias" you can read and listen to sporting events that you can not attend or see. I listen to the Bearden Bulldogs dispose of db and I have read the reports and stats of their games. Doing these things gave me a good base to form an opnion based on facts. Only problem is without seeing the games it's difficult to have a good feel how they are getting these things accomplished. I know the lead the league in rushing defense but they have also been ahead big in most of their games (ie teams had to pass against them to get back in the game and the rushing yards might be skewed to show that). I listen to them beat db but that was before db unleashed their redshirt freshman on the weaker part of their schedule. I know your new to this but I'll do my best to dumb down my posts so that you can keep up. I was actually trying to have conversations about the Bearden-Science Hill game but forgot that now db is 500 that there championship march has started. I suggest you worry about Sevier Co and Nov.2 will be here soon enough.

I listen to the Bearden Bulldogs dispose of db and I have read the reports and stats of their games.

Outside of a minor grammatical error, the adjective dispose is wrong when used in the Bearden and DB game. A game that is played to a 0-0 tie with much of the games action not going beyond either teams 30 yard line is not disposing of either team. A botched snap on an extra point that a quarterback skirts into the end zone for 2 is not disposing either. I consend the argument, we all must move on with our lives.

Why doesn't Science Hill go outside of the area to play teams like William Blount or Oak Ridge, just wondering? I think it would benefit them come playoff time.

Granted, get back to your Science Hill and Bearden chat. I don't know where the Bearden fans are on here.

If you do have any questions about the Bulldogs though, feel free to ask. Some DB fans have actually seen them play and will give you whatever info you might seek.