topvol98

Hilltoppers @ Bulldogs  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Hilltoppers @ Bulldogs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharp was 11-37 in the opening game loss against South and 11-32 in last weeks loss against Tennessee High. It's not a question of who starts at QB... but whether or not Duanah gets the carries that move the Science Hill offense. Everyone likes the pass but the run moves the sticks, runs the clock, and opens up the pass. Sharp AND Tomas Hill are both great athletes with pros and cons to each. Last year, there was a similar debate in whether to play A.J. Tucker or Tomas. Tucker won. Science Hill won games. Hill played safety. As a sophomore, Hill also played safety. Hill has the gametime experience. Sharp started at Daniel Boone last year. He has experience. Hill is a leading SH wideout. Having them on the field at the same time with Sharp at QB and Hill AT WR gives the Toppers an athletic package and an array of trick plays with two arms on the field. Give Duanah the ball and run play action passes from Sharp to Hill. Sharp to Hill is a big play sound that should be heard all over East Tennessee this year and Sharp to Kinley will be heard even more next year.

Your laughable.

DB has almost won several impressive games?€¦but as the old saying goes ?€œalmost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades?€?! We have played both teams and although we lost to DB and beat the Hill?€¦the Topper team the THS played was a much better team than the DB team that we played. The Toppers just have a bonehead for a coach. So if I were you I would do as the other DB posters are doing, and that is maintain a low profile till game week?€¦or you could possibly be having a slice of humble pie along with an even bigger helping of Crow than you had to eat this past weekend!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I would have expected more from you Cap, O.K. you want to compare teams!

South destroyed Science Hill and won by 20, Tn. High throws up a prayer and beats Science Hill!

Then I guess you are saying that South will also defeat your Vikes close to the same amount?

If you say so, but I do believe it might be a little closer than that, who knows maybe your right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DB is not the same team as in week 0!

BTW, just wondering by any chance you and topvol98 the same person? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Also not sure what you meant by the last part of your post, we also won Friday! Might want to try that "media" thingy topvol98 likes so much! JK! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Seriously, Good luck to the "Hill" friday!

I have seen both teams up close and I have to go with Bearden in this one. I will say it again. Bearden is a very talented football team.

Nothing wrong with that but it's been about two months, in a scrimmage, since you have seen Science Hill and just like the Hurricane...we are not exactly the same team that took the field that game. Bearden is going to be a tall order but they are still going to have to take the game on the field.

#44 is Aaron Trent a 6'4 230 senior and #51 is Jeff Green a junior. Science Hill's whole defense is outstanding. 82 Bruce Crumley 50 Corey Hamilton 86 Zach Jordan 25 Caleb Mancuso 58 Will Rentel 1 Cory Brown 7 Javan Joslin 5 Isaac Kinley and 4 Matt Hayes. They aren't the largest team but they make up for it with speed and athletism. AND they have DEPTH. 9 Skylar Dejesus and 3 A.J. Hart at corners 45 Logan Honeycutt 33 Josh Lewis 21 Michael Sholes at linebackers. They are without a pivotal defensive player, ZACH COLLIE who was cut blocked by a cowardly Elizabethton player and has lost his junior season to a broken fibula. Our prayers are with him. #2 Tomas Hill has the speed and skill to play corner and #23 Corey Macpherson is an exceptionally fast sophomore who started a few games this year. Wes Forbush #18 is a safety who platoons with Joslin and would have started had Javan continued to play WR and OLB. But the senior moved to safety and had two GREAT picks against Morristown West in a shutout. The offense has talent but is not consistent. This defense is ready to face Bearden's Halliday #9 and the rest of the team because of the players they practice against daily. Facing talented offensive Players Ashlon Adams, Macpherson, Hill, Daniel Sharp, Armando Canepa, Phillip Denton, Larry Smith, Moses Green, Greyson Janeway, and Solomon Duanah, they are well versed in playing against speed. A 42-13 homecoming drubbing given to them by Bearden last year and a 9-7 set back by a missed field goal 2 years ago make the Toppers hungry to beat Bearden at home this week. This will be a very interesting conference game and could potentially be a preview of the conference champion. Look for a track meet or a very low scoring game. The Defense is ready but The O needs to produce. Give the Toppers the win because they WANT it. They NEED it. These are not John Bowles Hilltoppers. Something big is coming to Knoxville this week, and something big is going to happen in Johnson City for the next few years.

One area that seems to be ignored is the OL and the starting group is not the same calibur as has been at the Hill in the past, they are a smaller, lighter group that has not controlled the line of scrimage yet. There is hope on the horizon as the JV starts a line that is already more physical than what lines up on Friday nights. Once some of them are given a chance to play on Friday's like the "skill" players then they will be mentioned as part of the future.

Time will tell but from what I see this group has the potential to help the offense start living up to the potential that everyone is waiting for.

One area that seems to be ignored is the OL and the starting group is not the same calibur as has been at the Hill in the past, they are a smaller, lighter group that has not controlled the line of scrimage yet. There is hope on the horizon as the JV starts a line that is already more physical than what lines up on Friday nights. Once some of them are given a chance to play on Friday's like the "skill" players then they will be mentioned as part of the future.

Time will tell but from what I see this group has the potential to help the offense start living up to the potential that everyone is waiting for.

This is a different offense than in the past. I think the job the line has done has been tremendous job and don't get enough recognition for what they have been doing. I'm sure the playcalling is different than the JV but Coach Miller has really shaped this line into one of the most consistent units on the team. Keep up the good work Oline /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would have expected more from you Cap, O.K. you want to compare teams!

South destroyed Science Hill and won by 20, Tn. High throws up a prayer and beats Science Hill!

Then I guess you are saying that South will also defeat your Vikes close to the same amount?

If you say so, but I do believe it might be a little closer than that, who knows maybe your right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DB is not the same team as in week 0!

BTW, just wondering by any chance you and topvol98 the same person? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Also not sure what you meant by the last part of your post, we also won Friday! Might want to try that "media" thingy topvol98 likes so much! JK! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Seriously, Good luck to the "Hill" friday!

What I'm saying in a nutshell is Science Hill is a very good team and if Smith can get his play calling and lineup together they could very well jump on DB this year.

About the last line of my post...I simply opened mouth and inserted foot and I hope you can overlook my foolhardiness. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> It was Etfan that had the Crow feast this past weekend. You were responding to his posts and I misread it. Still getting use to the new look of this site. Sorry. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cap1, I look for your help here and I ask that this dialouge stay between you and myself seeing as this is the Science Hill and Bearden thread rather than a DB/TH, TH/SH, or DB/SH thread. I understand through the 'media', as topvol98 states, that SH has more athletes than TH and DB, apparently on both offense and defense. From your experience with the TH/DB game and the TH/SH and the 'media' you may have come across concerning DB since the TH/DB game. What is your honest opinion about the competitiveness of the DB/SH game in week 10?

Cap1, I look for your help here and I ask that this dialouge stay between you and myself seeing as this is the Science Hill and Bearden thread rather than a DB/TH, TH/SH, or DB/SH thread. I understand through the 'media', as topvol98 states, that SH has more athletes than TH and DB, apparently on both offense and defense. From your experience with the TH/DB game and the TH/SH and the 'media' you may have come across concerning DB since the TH/DB game. What is your honest opinion about the competitiveness of the DB/SH game in week 10?

We are use to db fans trying to take over threads instead of starting new ones. I'm glad that you and casper like to misquote me but then again...that's what I expect.

We are use to db fans trying to take over threads instead of starting new ones. I'm glad that you and casper like to misquote me but then again...that's what I expect.

topvol98, sir, my mistake for getting your thread off topic on page 1. Didn't realize at the time that my DB bretheran would take it to the next level, though I guess I should have. Just so you know, and I say this with respect, outside of some basic humor, my comments are written with no intention of smart elec dander. Believe that or not, its yours to take. I just think when people post they should post with knowledge, but also with cander for this is a messageboard. As for my question with Cap, if there was any other place that I know of, seeing as I'm new to the board, that I could ask him a sidebar question, inform me, though being a monitor for years on this forum I am still a novice to its functioning. Also, he has seen TH play DB and SH so I figure he could somewhat solve the issue for us DB fans here and now for a few weeks. I don't expect him to keep up with DB sports except through the media.

FYI too, I use media as you do. Listen to games on the radio, watch the sports report on the news, read multiple online newspapers, newsources, and websites, check CoachT. All any of us can do is speculate through the information we obtain.

In speaking, however, I usually do keep the speculatin up in there with such statements as "That's why they play the game", "We'll see on Friday night what really happens", etc. Maybe we all should start inserting such phrases, but nah, the fun for all would be lost.